FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Really weird webpage problem (help!)

Author Topic: Really weird webpage problem (help!)
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
For work, I have created an intranet site with many linked pages. Yesterday I found out that one user cannot access one page--but he can access all the others. All the other users can access the page he's having problems with.

Today he's still getting the "Page Not Found" error on that page. Could this be a cookie problem? If so, what should I tell him to do?

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
If you are using IE, you could have him go to Tools, Internet Options, then under Temporary Internet Files, hit Delete Cookies and Delete Files
Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, he deleted his cookies, but he's still having the problem. Also, it turns out that everyone in that building has that problem. Is it out of my hands?
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe a web filter is stopping the viewing of that page. Check the firewall logs (or wherever their web traffic is filtered).
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
*nod* If it's on a per-building basis, it's probably out of your hands. Do you "own" the page to which the link leads?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
maybe he is accessing the page through a shortcut on his desktop, and since that time you have updated the page and all the links, but his shortcut on desktop still points to the old page
Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Um . . . I don't know. What do you mean by "own"?

(I really know very little about all this.)

Brinestone
Member # 5755

quote:
maybe he is accessing the page through a shortcut on his desktop, and since that time you have updated the page and all the links, but his shortcut on desktop still points to the old page
No, they're accessing the page from the navigation page for the site.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.