FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I can't stop talking about him - or, the baby thread

Author Topic: I can't stop talking about him - or, the baby thread
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I have that sickness that all new parents go through - the illness that causes you to talk about *nothing* but your baby and causes other people's eyes to glaze over.

You know you have it too. This is the thread for everything baby. [Smile]

Did I mention how cute my baby is? Or how smart he is? Or how adorable he is? Or how funny he is?

Ok, so I don't know for sure if Space Space Baby is funny or not, but he does tend to smile when I sniff his feet and pronounce them stinky.

Oh, and you should see his grins...I love the wide-open-pointy-little-tongue-showing ones.

I'll stop now. [Blushing]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] These threads are totally cool. Isn't it great, in a world where we read about all those horrible abusive parents, that we have a place where we can also read about all the wonderful, loving ones, who are thrilled and totally in love with their kids?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
About five years into our marriage, my husband and I ran out of things to talk about. Then along came the BABY! We STILL haven't exhausted that topic of conversation, and the kid is 14.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seespot
Member # 7388

- posted      Profile for seespot   Email seespot         Edit/Delete Post 
The Spotlet has discovered her toes and they have made it to her mouth. Now, whenever she it on the changing table, or anywhere on her back, she grabs her toes and puts them in her mouth. I'll try to get a picture later so I can post it. It is so adorable!

She also has to cutest laugh.

My husband and I are working very hard right now to make it possible for me to stay home. Even though the day care at the office is great, and I still get to nurse her all the time, it's just not the same.

She is the most beautiful little girl. . .

Posts: 77 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
It's true, Tante.

If it weren't for my delightful (almost 12 year old in another two days *gasp*), my ex-husband and I would never talk.

*grin*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
My one year old daughter doesn't say many words, but she can still tell me what she wants.

We have a jar of ginger snaps. She likes them. The other day I gave her one. She ate it and then she dragged me back to the kitchen. She started pointing to the counter where we keep the cookies. When I asked her if she wanted a cookie she stuck her hands in the air nodded her head and her hands. It was so cute!

Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
My nephew Justin (who is going to be my GODSON!) is THE CUTEST! His hair is so soft and sticks up all over the place. And he grips my finger tightly and fusses if I pull it away. He does have a problem with sleeping too much, but at Christmas he woke up and opened his eyes for me while I was talking to him. [Smile]
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
My little girl, Leslie, is 14 months old. She's going into that "I can do it myself!" phase. She is drinking from a straw now. She's pretty good at the drinking part, it's the throwing down the cup when I am done part that bothers me! She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. She makes me want to be a better person. So this year I WILL get in shape and I WIll clean up my language(especially since now she can say Mommy's fav word, *ss! [Blushing] )
http://www.darthunix.com/pics/displayimage.php?album=64&pos=40
I think I may be addicted to her face! I just saw that I have over 1500 pictures of her posted on our website!

Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Sophie's now able to count to ten, identify all her shapes, and tickle us. [Smile] She's also as stubborn as her parents, which amuses me to no end; she's only nineteen months old, so it's kind of funny to watch her stick her hands on her hips and say "No! No! Read another book now!" when it's time for bed. And then, if we give her a cross look, she immediately goes into puppy-dog mode with a "Pleeeease?"
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
I do this too. Except I'm nineteen, and it's about my four year old genius cousin.

He's been reading since three and half. He tried to read the Harry Potter chapter titles when he found the book in the family bathroom, and my uncle thought his attempt at pronouncing Erised was rather cute. He likes reading children's dictionaries, and knows all fifty state capitals, which he can locate on a map. It's hilarious when his aunt asks him them, because he asks her them back, and she gets them (earnestly) wrong, usually saying the biggest city in the state.

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's how bad it is. The Hubby & I went out tonight to dinner and a movie while Leslie stayed at Nana's. Guess what we talked about most of dinner? I even whipped out her picture to show the waitress!
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't stop, no matter how old they get. I spent the entire day with adults - and while we all had a variety of topics to talk about, we all also talked quite a bit about our children. *smiles*
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Shan and Tante, you are right; I talk about my older kiddos all the time too! [Smile]

I HATE diaper rash. Space Space Baby has had his first one for a week now, and it's a doozey. Finally (after 4 different creams) it's going away. The poor guy looked like he was wearing a bright red diaper for awhile. I've had him in disposables to keep urine off of him a bit better, but if he looks good tonight he's going back into cloth...yah!!! I've missed his squishy cloth-diapered butt.

He's sleeping in his sling on me right now. We went for a walk and he dozed off. There is nothing better than combining Hatrack and the wonderful smell of a baby's head a few inches below your nose.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

*bumped so Mrs. M will see and come brag about her baby*

What's this? Oh, gee, I bumped the thread. I guess that means I should talk about my baby. [Big Grin]

Lately he's decided that his hands are the best things *ever* - he moves them around like crazy while I rock him to sleep. You can tell how tired he is by how slowly his hands move.

space opera

R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post 
My toddler's vocabulary is growing very quickly. She's 22 months and has recently started using whole phrases. But one side effect is that words she used to be able to say correctly have mutated a little bit, probably because she's concentrating on remembering so many.

My personal favorite: 'mucus' when she means 'music'. Very cute.

Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

R. Ann, my oldest used to call a Mr. Misty from Dairy Queen a "Mrs. Nasty." heehee

I'm proud to announce that Space Space Baby rolled over for the first time today, and both Mr. Opera and I were there for it!

space opera

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Ketchup Princess is starting to get excited about the baby in Mommy's tummy. She's fascinated by the ultrasound picture, and even wants to give it kisses. Of course, every time we start talking about "the baby in Mommy's tummy", she has to pull Mommy's shirt up and all to inspect the tummy from several angles, to see if the baby is visible yet. [Big Grin] She then gives the tummy a little pat and grins enthusiastically.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
Superstation plays "patty cake" with my belly. It is too cute.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Boo runs now, and it's so funny to see his little heels thrown out to the side and his little daiper butt wiggling like that. [Big Grin]

Also, he's dancing more, bent knees and all. And singing. And is FINALLY starting to talk. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Little Crow says "blow" when he wants us to blow his belly. He does! He also kicks in the bathtub with the Little Mother. He likes clownfish (we saw one at the children's museum). He's such a fun little guy. We all adore him so.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*jumps on JG* You're back? [Party]
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Babydot is just starting to get her first tooth on the top, to match the two on the bottom. She's not crawling yet, but can apparently teleport short distances when adults leave the room....
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait. Isn't Little Crow only two months old? [Eek!] Whoa, that's a smart kid.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, he's not a baby anymnore but Daniel has his first loose tooth, and he's very excited about it.

I took Abigail to the doctor for her strep throat and while we were waiting for the results of the rapid strep test, I was amusing myself by looking around the room, opening drawers, reading things, just being bored. From that little sore throat came a raspy chiding: "Mama, leave the doctor's stuff alone, it's not yours." [Smile]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Tiger is 14 months, and she sorts her shapes. If I pick up a circle, she'll find another circle. If I pick up a square, she'll throw the circles to the floor and pick up another square. Same with triangles and stars.

Tonight she helped me clean up her room a little bit. Normally, she just tries to empty the toy boxes while I fill them, but tonight I handed her a lego and told her to put it in the box and she did! Then, without any prompting, she started picking up the shapes and putting them in their own box. Any time she found another lego, she put it in the lego box. I was really surprised that she didn't get them mixed up.

Now, granted, she only helped for a minute and then she went back to pulling things out again, but I was impressed.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
I love it when they start helping to clean up and organize! It seems to come naturally, and they get so excited about it.

I wonder when it is that they grow out of that? Mine were natural organizers and clean-uppers until they learned otherwise - having learned otherwise from such an expert. [Blushing]

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.