FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack masculinity thread, or, Hatrack's most eligible Bachelor. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Hatrack masculinity thread, or, Hatrack's most eligible Bachelor.
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
mmm...speaking of sitting on that couch and playing video games, we haven't finished baldur's gate yet, ero.

It must be true, it's on a sticker.
My teeth used to be way too white. Thank you nicotine!

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
kojabu -

quote:
Lyr, we're the same age and I never knew it until today. When's your bday?
June 25th.

You?

Evie3217 -
quote:
quote:
I love to spoil whoever I'm dating

Lyrhawn - I KNEW I liked you!
Haha. Whoever my next girlfriend is will probably be the luckiest of all of them. I make more money now than I used to, and I've had 2 years with no girlfriend to save my money. I've got a fairly large Girlfriend Spoiling Fund built up. Though I probably won't spend a grand on jewelry like I did with the last girlfriend. Sorry ladies, she ruined it for all of you.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kitsune
Member # 8290

- posted      Profile for Kitsune   Email Kitsune         Edit/Delete Post 
erosomniac, you're a hottie. I wish I posted more so I could be in this Hatrack crowd, too [Frown]
Posts: 147 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Erosomaniac, you are SOO my type. Everyone knows I'm a Japan freak [Big Grin] ... It sucks that you are unavailable though. [Frown]
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*lines up in the Lyr line*

[Wink]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mean Old Frisco
Member # 6666

- posted      Profile for Mean Old Frisco   Email Mean Old Frisco         Edit/Delete Post 
*sniffs thread*

*lifts leg*

*pees*

*leaves*

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
>:[
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
This thread has turned ego boostastic!

quote:
I wish I posted more so I could be in this Hatrack crowd, too
What's stopping you? (And for that matter, at what point do you become part of the Hatrack "crowd"? I've been registered for a year, but only really actively posting for four or five months - do *I* even qualify?)

quote:
*sniffs thread*

*lifts leg*

*pees*

*leaves*

From what I gather, Frisco, you don't NEED this thread. Simply by peeing in it, you've won. ^_^
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, the meat-market! What the heck, I'm lonely.

Age when first kissed: 16 or so.

Appearance
Photo:Shield thine eyes, child!
Hair: Dark brown, almost black, though it used to be whitish-blonde when I was a kid. Then I got evil.
Eyes: Brownish blackish.
Smile: Crooked and wide. Contrary to my pissed-off look in that picture, I actually smile and laugh almost constantly in real life. It's just that actually looking happy looks silly when you're attempting to attract a mate, because people are traditionally supposed to look bored and contemptuously aloof like in the underwear ads. But I swear! I'm not really particularly evil!
Build: Alas, I am of slightly stocky build somewhere between 5'8" and 5'9". Though I wear big shoes to make up for my lack of tallness.
Ancestry: Fifty percent South American/Hispanic, the other fifty is a swirly mix of German, English, Irish, and who knows. I'm a mutt.
Look-alikes: When I have floppy hair, people always, ALways compared me to Hugh Grant and Leo DiCaprio. Personally, I can't see anything reSEMbling either of them, but what can ya do. At least I wasn't compared to, y'know, Opus.

Reason I am cool: The only reason people have ever said I was even slightly cool was because I'm a Nice Guy, with none of the creepy wimpish-stalker connotations bitter people attach to the label. Also, Ralphie said so.

Dating Status: Can something have a status if the phenomenon itself doesn't exist? How totally existential.
Stalker level: I have not indulged in the practice myself, and I know of no sane individual who would spend their valuable time stalking me. Mostly because it wouldn't be very juicy; I mostly just read in the living room, windows wiiiide open.
Plans: Get through community college. Go to a real college for the degree. Become a teacher or an arteest, whiche'er will make me less poor.

Things you should know: I like to banter and ramble on with people about any and all tangents the conversation lends itself to, so if you're put off by random weirdness, you're probably not going to have a swell time of it with me. Also, ducks are my favorite animal.

Things I like in women: As long as you bathe semi-regularly, there are very few people I find genuinely UNattractive. I like bright smiles, interesting conversations, warm-hearted generosity and kindness. Oh, and hips.

By the by, is there any particular reason that TAKEN people are posting their stats in these threads? They're just cluttering up the space with their attractiveness, thereby obscuring people such as myself. SHOO.

[ January 15, 2006, 06:07 AM: Message edited by: Zotto! ]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

*pounceleaptacklehug*

I miss you, Zotto! [Frown]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I think the Lyr line sounds quite nice.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Zotto, you forgot another reason why you're cool -- your love of exclamation marks.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Other reasons Zotto! is cool: Correct usage of the pronoun "thine."
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

Oh, I'm sure that was more by accident than design, Eaquae. You could not, for instance, ask me what a pronoun actually is if you were hoping for a legitimate answer. *grin*

El JT, you're right, I just wasn't sure if I should bring up my clandestine love of exclamation marks in this particular thread. I mean, how could I hope for attention from a lovely Jatraquera if they knew even before our first date that they'd be sharing me with some swingin' punctuation? You gotta ease things in slowly, y'dig?

Raia, I'm not actually any farther away than usual. *grin* I'd tacklehug you back, but I'm not sure what you think of me anymore, now that I stand revealed before all to be an addicted pronoun user and skanky punctuation hoochie. [Frown]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

[Kiss]

I hope that answers your question...

Zotto!
Member # 4689

Most thoroughly, in fact! *tacklehugs right the heck back*

You realize, of course, that by associating with me, you're blatantly flouting society's implied mandate that we shun those among us who travel down the sordid road of binge pronouning and plural-punctuation romance. You little rebel, you!

Raia
Member # 4700

*flares torches* Hiyaaaaargh!

(Sorry, I got a little over-excited, there...)

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Will conjugation lead to conjugation? Stay tuned!
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
Will conjugation lead to conjugation? Stay tuned!
[ROFL]
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

*laugh* One can only hope, Tom. Fervently.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Yeah I think the Lyr line sounds quite nice.
Plenty of room in the Lyr line ladies. [Smile]

Almost makes me wish I wasn't a born Monogamist, but relationships are a hundred times more fulfilling than players who casually date.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
... but relationships are a hundred times more fulfilling than players who casually date.
*nod nod nod nod nod nod nod nod nod*
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh the things I do when I'm bored.

Age when first kissed: 17
Appearance
Photo: I only have this one when I was 3 years old.
Hair: Dark brwon and showing some grey, straight, combed back and short.
Eyes: Dark Brown
Smile: Small, crooked and sort of pudgy
Build: 6', 255 lbs but slowly loosing it.
Ancestry: Mutt, Enghlish and European with a Danish name.
Look-alikes: I have no idea.
Reason I am cool: There isn't anyone else in the world like me.
Dating Status: Single
Stalker level: I don't stalk nor have I been stalked.
Plans: Start working on all of the hobbies I had set aside while I was finishing college.
Things you should know: I have expensive hobbies and I'm very mysterious.
Things I like in women: Open minded, not afraid to do math and engineering, loves the performance arts and has a taste for things from the medieval or renaissance period.

Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I had no idea that there were so many young single hatrack men. Maybe I should post more...
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
[QB]
quote:
I have no idea what your cabinets look like, but that sure looks like one of your pipes. And your friend is kinda cute. But only if he really smokes cigarettes.
quote:
How do you know what erosomniac's ceiling looks like , jenna? And yes, I really smoke. I prefer to get my cool straight from the source.
This is what happens when you recruit many of your friends to a message board, without telling any of them who the others are. BWAHA!
Hey, I've seen that kitchen too, Gogo (not Dodo). Hatrackers who don't know erosomniac in real life: beware! He's obviously trying to take over. I might be part of the problem, but hey. At least I warned you.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, great. It's like MySpace without the links. [Wink]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Age when first kissed: 19

Appearance:
Photo:Old Pic
Hair: Medium length, swept back, dark brown with blonde/red highlights.
Eyes: Green/gold around the iris.
Smile: Stupid grin/charming & toothy.
Build: 6'2" 275 lbs...football lineman.
Ancestry: 1/2 Russian, 1/8: Scott, Irish, Swede, Welch
Look-alikes: El shrugo

Reason I am cool: I wear a lot of black and carry a knife.

Dating Status: Single
Stalker level: There was this one girl this one time...she had issues.
Plans: Getting my AS in Computer Design @ ITT ATM.
Things you should know: I write poetry...I'm nocturnal by nature...I work in private security...I'm really big into music and movies...I collect weapons...I have a 17 lbs black cat named "Ender"...I'm a closet romantic...I live at the beach...I love games (tabletop/video)...

Things I like in women: Free thinking, backboned, intelligent, kind, adventurous, large framed, unafraid, amazon type who loves animals.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Allegra:
I had no idea that there were so many young single hatrack men. Maybe I should post more...

You might even be surprised there are old single hatrack men...
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker-Girl
Member # 7802

- posted      Profile for Lurker-Girl   Email Lurker-Girl         Edit/Delete Post 
<grateful for presence of mature single hatrack men>
Posts: 74 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I'm grateful too. Although I wish these mature men were around me, there seem to be a scarecity of them in my life. Mature men, that is.
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You might even be surprised there are old single hatrack men...
yeah? Like who?
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Age when first kissed - Not yet. I feel loserish.

Appearance
Photo:A few photos of me.
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Dark Brown
Smile: Varies, usually mischievous looking.
Build: 6'3" 250lbs.
Ancestry: Mostly english, with a lot of other European in there as well.
Looks like: Someone said I look like a monkey. I don't know if I look like anyone really famous, though.
Reason I'm cool: I can dance. Nuff said.
Dating Status: Frustrated [Razz]
Plans: Graduate in 4 months, get a job, leave Rexburg, Idaho.
Things you should know: I tend to act different in different situations.
Things I like in women: Honesty first. I love flirtatious girls, but not excessive flirtatiousness. I like it when girls are forward. I REALLY like long hair. I especially love girls who give big crushing hugs (As long as they're not bigger than me).

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I should add that I can cook, clean, and do my own laundry. Take that most other guys! [Razz]
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kitsune
Member # 8290

Boris: Idaho? No, YOU da ho!
Posts: 147 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kitsune:
Boris: Idaho? No, YOU da ho!

Yeah. Very clever. Haven't heard that one a million times already. [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kitsune
Member # 8290

[Frown]

I bought the shirt [Big Grin]

Maddox is from Idaho, right? That's cool [Smile]

erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
Maddox is from Idaho, right?
Is he? I should plan a trip there in the near future - just to see if I can find him and weird him out with hardcore fanboy antics. [Big Grin]
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss]

For all the never-been-kissed-s!

Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hey, I've seen that kitchen too, Gogo (not Dodo). Hatrackers who don't know erosomniac in real life: beware! He's obviously trying to take over. I might be part of the problem, but hey. At least I warned you.
Don't worry folks, Ero has no control over me at all!

Must...remove...microchip...

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
I think I should add that I can cook, clean, and do my own laundry. Take that most other guys!
I do my own laundry, and I cook very, VERY well, which I choose to believe makes up for my lack of cleaning.

I've been greatly hoping that one day when I get married I can get my wife to clean if I offer to cook a homemade dinner every night she wants one. That's from scratch mind you, my family rarely makes anything out of a box.

pfresh85
Member # 8085

I cook from scratch as well, and I'd say it's pretty good (never got a complaint out of my roommates). The cleaning I don't like to do, but I do it because it needs to be done. Dusting, vacuuming, clean the toilets, cleaning the tub, etc. Very mundane stuff, but I add it since most guys don't do it.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I like most cleaning, or find it totally useless, Like I dust and sweep and all that, but the constant organization my mother goes through, sorry my husband gets to live with my books on the floor while I'm grading or whatever. Laundry is easy, it's dishes I absolutely hate. Cooking, not too bad, but not amazing at it.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

Ah, books on the floor aren't that bad. Actually, I have a stack of books and magazines next to my bed at the moment. It's a neat stack though.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Mine tend to be what I will work on next, homework usually, and I can antispate being the same when I start teaching.
pfresh85
Member # 8085

I think when I start teaching, my desk will become more of a mess than it already is (at the moment, it's got paid bills stacked up on it).
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
Cooking, for me, makes up for a lack of a lot of things in guys. But then again, I'm more of a "casual dater" and a good meal doesn't make itself around here.
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

I'm a fairly good cook until I'm single, at which point I lose all motivation to make food that's anything other than filling.
Historian
Member # 8858

- posted      Profile for Historian   Email Historian         Edit/Delete Post 
cooking? cleaning? bah! I can sew. As for laundry... don't mind washing, hate folding...

on to cooking.. Tex-Mex and Italian are my best with traditional southern foods running a close third. Love spicey foods, so I'll get Indian at least twice a month. I've got the spices to cook it myself, but I don't have the skill yet.

I failed to mention my musical tastes earlier so to keep it brief here is the list of stuff I don't like: Country, Jazz and Opera. So every thing from Bach to Black Sabbath, Enya to Laurie Anderson...

I like most movies, even the chick flicks, but find Horror kind of stupid.

I read at least one book a month andone audio book.

I have a blog but almost never write on it. It's something like the cobbler's children never having shoes.

I have two kids that live with their mom 186 miles away, but I visit them often.

Posts: 80 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd definitely marry a guy who wants to stay at home to watch the kids, cook, and clean while I work on my career. I'd be so bad at those.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've been greatly hoping that one day when I get married I can get my wife to clean if I offer to cook a homemade dinner every night she wants one. That's from scratch mind you, my family rarely makes anything out of a box.
[Smile]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.