FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack masculinity thread, or, Hatrack's most eligible Bachelor. (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Hatrack masculinity thread, or, Hatrack's most eligible Bachelor.
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
So, is my mayo bad now because it has been opened and has been unrefrigerated since Saturday night? [Frown]

I wanted to make a tuna melt for lunch.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't eat it. Unless your house is below 50 degrees, at least.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
I like my men to be able to do things so I can learn how to do them as well... but better! BWAHAHA. But I hate computers... guys who can make computers do cool things are SEXY.

And Miss Heartless, you break my heart. Mayonnaise is DISGUSTTTINNNGGGGG stop eating it.

Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Altáriël of Dorthonion:
I want an eligible bachelor...

I second that motion.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And Miss Heartless, you break my heart.
My work here is done.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to add "Must be willing to move to the midwest" under what I like in a woman. I suppose under extreme circumstances (i.e. I fall madly in love with the woman), I'd be willing to move to Colorado or New England or some other place. But I can't live without snowy winters.

Don't know why that just occurred to me. Probably because it's late January and we've only had one good snow fall all winter. Le sigh.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
So computers are sexy, but my muscles aren't? What is wrong with the women here?!

I mean isn't it enough that I know how to cook fine meals while they lounge around the house, or is there something wrong with that too?

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm, you're on the internet, not at the gym.

What'd you expect?

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Never mind......
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Internet > gym any day.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

You have no idea how wrong you are...
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Not wrong at all, last time I checked (seeing as how it's all opinion based and there is no right or wrong).
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Advent, I'd guess that your profile's lack of a picture and proof-reading has more to do with lack of responses than any woman's inherent lust for internet-savvy men over muscle-bound ones. ^_^
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Like I said before I don' know how to attach my picture. Now if somebody would tell me how then I would be glad to show you.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Don't worry, I posted one for you already. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

I'm not that huge, and for your info I never aim to be that big.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

So I assumed - it was a joke, don't worry.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Very funny, but can someone tell me how to attach my picture as a link?
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Is your picture already hosted somewhere on-line? If yes, just use the following format, replacing the < and >s with [ and ], and the made up URL with the correct URL. If your picture is not already hosted, go to www.flickr.com and set up and account and upload your picture to it.

<url=www.address.com/mypicture.jpg>Advent's picture</url>

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Search google for 'free image hosting' and see what you find.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chreese Sroup
Member # 8248

- posted      Profile for Chreese Sroup           Edit/Delete Post 
I've got the computer thing down. Now to sign up for the gym that just opened down the street. I'm not fat, but I'm not fit. [Frown]

I need someone to run with.

Posts: 189 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm not that huge, and for your info I never aim to be that big.
I really, really want to post that in the out-of-context thread.....

[Razz]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
On the cooking note, I make a mmeeaannn pot roast. And tilapia. And chicken parmesan. And I think of myself as lithe. mwahaha.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
And tilapia.
It will never cease to confuse me that people on the mainland see this as a good thing. In Hawaii, tilapia are the crappy fish you throw back, and would pretty much never consider eating, unless you were really hungry, or the restaurant was really, really cheap.
jennabean
Member # 8590

Icckkekeky tilapia!!
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Tilapia creep me out.

And Anne Kate, I ask you, what's twenty years when it's twoo wuv?

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually can't stand them. But my mom is constantly demanding me cook them, so I oblige.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
guys who can make computers do cool things are SEXY.
Oooo... that must mean I'm VERY sexy! [Big Grin]

I taught my computers how to pick up my clothes, wash & dry them, then fold them up and put them in my drawers! All via telekinesis even!!!!

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Tilapia is gross. We had it for a special in the restaurant where I worked, and 90% of the servers flat out told the customers not to get it.

And they say honesty in the service industry is dead.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
The eligable bachelor and bachelorette threads need to get together. So much opportunity for like-minded connections, and so little interconnectivity.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Like what, a Hatrack Dating Game?

People post their dating profiles anonymously on a thread and then someone of the opposite gender picks three names, and then the fun rounds of hyjinks ensue, and at the end of the day, they go out on an internet date?

Who would be the host?

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
CT already had a matchmaker thread. Although, I guess if you youngins already have your own Masculinity thread, there's nothing stopping someone from starting a dating game one.

Nothing ever came of hers, of course, as we all understood that that wasn't the point. If people take such a thread seriously, I think it's a bad idea.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

But if we had the right host.......uh. Excellent question Lyr, as a prospective participant I must recuse myself.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

I would go on an internet date!!! Only if you take me somewhere nice like here or maybe some shopping?
Chreese Sroup
Member # 8248

- posted      Profile for Chreese Sroup           Edit/Delete Post 
When popularity threads go wrong.
Posts: 189 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

quote:
Originally posted by human_2.0:
quote:
guys who can make computers do cool things are SEXY.
Oooo... that must mean I'm VERY sexy! [Big Grin]

I taught my computers how to pick up my clothes, wash & dry them, then fold them up and put them in my drawers! All via telekinesis even!!!!

I'd like to go on an internet date with your computer! Set us up!! [Wink]
airmanfour
Member # 6111

[Eek!] But then my chances of getting here are that much more remote.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Hence the anonymity Chreese. It's not "oo! Look at Frisco, he's hot and I want to date him so let's alll talk about him"

It's "this guy, whose name I don't know sounds interesting and I'd love to start talking to him outside of hatrack" And maybe it turns into something more. I guess it IS a matchmaking scheme, but the anonymity was a key part of the idea.

Plus, the dating game part, where a host asks three bachelors to answer questions that the bachelorette asks makes it a little different. If at the end of the day the bachelorette wants to talk to the bachelor more, so much the better. If not, it was a fun time.

erosomniac
Member # 6834

I think it's a cool idea. And since I am "unavailable," I hereby volunteer to be Your Host, Vannaaaaaaaaah White!

*cue music*

airmanfour
Member # 6111

*shuffles feet* You're pretty. [Blushing]
erosomniac
Member # 6834

That's nice...but would you like to buy a vowel?
airmanfour
Member # 6111

If you mean vowel as in a chance to interact with some of those Gee-or-geous young ladies from behind the curtain, then yes, of course I would like to buy a vowel.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

If people were serious, I'm sure I could handle hosting tomorrow while I'm supposed to be working.
airmanfour
Member # 6111

I'd do it. i lead an uneventful enough life that I'm willing to do anything to add event.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Well. Step One. eros, you have to start the "Anonymous Hatrack Dating Game Contest Thread" for the anonymous contestents to be in.

Second, there's two ways to make it anonymous.

1. Everyone resigns up with a different account name and uses it to post themselves anonymously.

2. Everyone emails their anonymous profile to eros and he posts them all with some sort of ID, like someone who says they like long walks on the beach he could call "Beachwalker" for a code name. Or just call them "A" and "B" until we run out of letters and switch to some other system.

Really, it'd depend on our host's level of commitment, but I hesitate in having everyone who wants to play resigning in with a new name. I know there are plenty of people here with more than one name but adding thirty or whatever more to that list might anger PJ. I guess I would suggest waiting to see if Papa (does he really read EVERY thread on here to look for inappropriate content?) nixes the idea before trying it, I don't want to anger the powers that be.

It's up to you eros.

erosomniac
Member # 6834

I'd vote for the e-mailing idea; I had the same qualms about suddenly adding a whole bunch of newbie names to the forum.

On the other hand, that makes it dependent on how fast I can edit stuff, which varies. No one's expecting this thing to go down in REAL TIME, are they?

jennabean
Member # 8590

I'd do it but you better not "edit" me too much! "Has unhealthy obsession with dolphins", for instance, is not something I want to see in my profile [Razz]
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Admit it: you're more than eager at the idea of me auctioning you off to a bunch of Hatrackers.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I would highly doubt they'd expect it in real time.

The only way I could concieve of that is if you, the bachelorette, and the three bachelors *or the other way around depending on how it's done* met in a chat room at the same time and did it that way. I have fewer qualms about creating new mystery AIM names than about new Hatrack names.

Otherwise, It'd have to be some sort of "You have a day to respond to this question from the bachelorette" kinda thing. Really that would vary on your schedule.

The only other question I'd have as far as format, is do you think the contestents should answer fixed questions or do like a 100 words on what they're like. It can't match their profiles in the bachelor/bachelorette threads or it wouldn't be anonymous.

I say, they have to give their age and gender, not their location, and a vague physical description like height, weight, eye and hair color, but not ethnicity. Maybe not even hair and eye color. And after they give that info, they have to describe themselves and what they like in say, 100 words. Then they have another 50 words to say what they think someone of the opposite sex would find the most appealing about them. That way they can phrase it themselves so as not to sound too much like what they may have said earlier in the bachelor/bachelorette thread.

Hopefully no one will spend an insane amount of time trying to compare and crack the shadow of secrecy anyway (fun ruiners!!).

Just some ideas.

jennabean
Member # 8590

I think it will be good fun, A! I honestly don't think I'm the kind of girl most Hatrackers would jump for, so the anonymity is key...
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.