FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack masculinity thread, or, Hatrack's most eligible Bachelor. (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Hatrack masculinity thread, or, Hatrack's most eligible Bachelor.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say age, gender, height and weight (or they can decline to answer, obviously). Oh, and religion - since I'm sure there are a few people here who have restrictions in that regard. That, plus the self-description and desired-description, and I can pool through them and find a bunch of candidates who are at least reasonably well-matched.

I dunno. I'll think on it some more, and post a prototype questionaire for approval?

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
I honestly don't think I'm the kind of girl most Hatrackers would jump for, so the anonymity is key...
Only because they haven't met you. [Wink]
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
And then! It would be for silly reasons like, oh, I'm ultra attractive and put on a good show when I get bored. SHhhhh quiet. I'll save it for my profile... which I think you should write for me HAHA.
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Religion, alright, that's a worthwhile addition.

Don't bother looking for matches yourself. Post all the descriptions (there really shouldn't be too many) on the contestant thread, then have people email you three names (codenames that is) that they'd like to see compete against each other. Whoever responds first (or whichever matchup looks the best to you) you have compete in the first round. The whole thing, even the person asking the questions stays anonymous (and I suppose your post count skyrockets) as you are the medium through which it all travels.

Plus you get to add the host's commentary, which should be delightfully witty.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

I can only hope I will be a flying success in the delightful witticism department.

As for post count: Tante, watch your back.

clod
Member # 9084

- posted      Profile for clod   Email clod         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is entirely too long to read, but I quite like the tail end bits of it.

*RWOARGH!*

Posts: 351 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

She has minions for that sort of thing. [Wink]

And anyone who conversationally says "delightful witticism department" is probably pretty good at it.

All that's missing is some sort of female to be your Vanna White counterpart. But I'll let you pick her. Far be it from me to assign a host his partner in hosting.

As for a prototype questionnaire, it shouldn't be needed. Other than the basic bio info, they do the 100 and then the 50 word answers to the basic questions "Tell us about yourself" and "What do you think is the quality about yourself that the opposite sex would be most interested in."

Keeping it simple (and not TOO far out of hand, you know Reticulous style) is what will make it readable to the masses, and not some huge neverending stream of the same questions answered by 50 different people. The in game questions will be asked by the contestant his/her self, probably.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Ok, Draft 1:

Hatrack ladies and gentlemen! The existence of the Bachelor and Bachelorette threads have brought us some entertaining picture-browsing and secret (and-not-so-secret) lusting, but the genius of Lyrhawn has brought us the logical culmination: THE HATRACK DATING GAME!

*cue music*

Want to try your hand at an internet date? Want to take a chance at finding True Love (TM)? Want to be entertained by our ridiculous antics as we try to emulate much more structured, popular matching shows? Here's your chance!

Here's the scoop: you fill out the questionaire below and e-mail it to me (NOT post it!). I will post new profiles into the thread, to preserve anonymity.

One Bachelorette. Three Bachelors. Five questions. Get to know a little bit more about each other, behind a comfortable wall of anonymity! At the very end, our Bachelorette picks her favorite of the bachelors in question and they have their own romantic, highly personal internet date'o'doom'n'destruction*!

*doom'n'destruction not available in some areas.

Interested? Intrigued? Fill out the survey below (avoiding answers that would give away your anonymity) and e-mail it to me, via the e-mail link in my profile. We will accept profile submissions for two days. After I've posted all profiles in the thread, you e-mail me your top five choices.

Optional fields denoted with a *.

About You:

HATRACK SCREEN NAME:
REAL NAME*:
SEXUALITY (this will not be posted, but it's kind of important to know, and I didn't want to exclude anyone!):
WEIGHT*:
RELIGION (as there may be some of you who have a religious requirement):
~100 WORDS TO DESCRIBE YOURSELF:
~50 WORD DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU THINK OPPOSITE SEX WOULD FIND MOST APPEALING ABOUT YOU:
FIVE QUESTIONS YOU'D LIKE TO ASK YOUR SUITORS:
ONE INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOU:

About the Person You'd Like to Meet:

AGE RANGE:
HEIGHT RANGE:
WEIGHT RANGE:
RELIGION:

That's it! Go, Hatrack - from the number of responses the bachelor(ette) threads received, I know you eager singles are out there!

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Haha, I like the "genius of Lyrhawn part"

The five questions ("three questions sir!" "Yes, three questions!") part seems iffy to me. Three quesstions isn't near enough for the contestant to make a real judgement, but five seems like it would take forever. But I guess making a correct match is more important than time constraints, so five it is!

Other than that, make it three, instead of two days. You can post the anonymous profiles once a day for three days, so the work is spread out for you (as is the reading requirements for the audience) and it gives people 72 hours to respond. Which is more than fair for all.

Also I suggest the elimination of the second category. People will read what they want when they see the profiles, but I wouldn't want anyone discouraged by any sort of physical appearance barriers, this is supposed to be fun.

Also suggest elimination of the Five questions you'd like to ask your suitor. That could be covered later, and you want to keep it simpler now to keep people hooked on it.

Just suggestions mind you, tell me what you think.

erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
Other than that, make it three, instead of two days. You can post the anonymous profiles once a day for three days, so the work is spread out for you (as is the reading requirements for the audience) and it gives people 72 hours to respond. Which is more than fair for all.
Sounds good - I threw 2 days out there as a starting figure. [Big Grin]

quote:
Also I suggest the elimination of the second category. People will read what they want when they see the profiles, but I wouldn't want anyone discouraged by any sort of physical appearance barriers, this is supposed to be fun.

True.

quote:
Also suggest elimination of the Five questions you'd like to ask your suitor. That could be covered later, and you want to keep it simpler now to keep people hooked on it.
Also true. I was trying to decide what the best compromise would be between convenience (for me, mostly) and convenience (for them, mostly).

Alright, with all that in mind...we proceed to step B.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

One thing I forgot, shouldn't it be that they email you with their top THREE choices? It's only three contestants, unless you want to make it five (which is more work for you).

Or were you planning to personally weed out two of them?

Now I just hope that the commentary the masses make on that thread doesn't kill the fun part of it. Maybe tomorrow we should make a Dating Game Commentary thread? in the same way the old Debate Thread that Hobbes did was kept entirely to debate, and the commentary for it was sectioned off somewhere else.

erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
Or were you planning to personally weed out two of them?
Yeah. Some weeding, since I think it'd be a bit too optimistic to think that with the limited number of participants, we could match up several quartets of bachelors & bachelorettes that all had each other as top 3 choices.

quote:
Now I just hope that the commentary the masses make on that thread doesn't kill the fun part of it. Maybe tomorrow we should make a Dating Game Commentary thread? in the same way the old Debate Thread that Hobbes did was kept entirely to debate, and the commentary for it was sectioned off somewhere else.
If it becomes a problem, sure [Smile]
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zotto!:
And Anne Kate, I ask you, what's twenty years when it's twoo wuv?

*and ten thousand miles

[Wink]

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.