FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A question that proves my noob-ness (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A question that proves my noob-ness
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
where are you going? OS? Whatever, just let us know here.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm specifically the teacher that has made an issue out of this. I really am more comfortable if a minor's parents attend. (And I use 18 as the cut-off in recognition of the fact that all lines are arbitrary, but that lines must nevertheless be drawn somewhere.) Talking with the parents of a minor would not really make me more comfortable if the parents were strangers to me themselves. If the parents and the child and I already all had a relationship of trust--not in the "oh sure I trust you" sense, but in the "I consider you a personal friend" category. I would trust Bob alone with my kids, and would feel comfortable being alone with his. (Whether the converse is true may be another matter altogether. [Razz] )
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to Ohio State.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I thought it was you Icky, but I wasn't sure, and it totally makes sense to me. I think there is a problem with you being alone with Bob's kids, but we won't go there [Wink]

Cool Tinros, I'm pretty sure there are even a few hatracker's in Columbus, but maybe not anymore.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

I thought I saw one on that map... wherever it went... *searches*
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I think Fiazko does or did live there, but I haven't seen her posting in a while.
Tinros
Member # 8328

Ohio State actually has a "make your own club" type thing, where you can create your own student organization. If I don't find a group of 'Rackers there, I might try to start a group on campus. I'm sure there are some closet fans in a school that size. [Wink]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Possible, there are at least 4 at IU I think, but I'm not sure if Ohio State is bigger or smaller.
Tinros
Member # 8328

Well, OSU is often referred to as the city within the city, so... I think there are about 50,000 students.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Ok, so a bit bigger, but not tons (of course someone can tell me I'm off the mark).
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.