FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » CT's head is so freakishly gi-normous ... (A Poll)

Author Topic: CT's head is so freakishly gi-normous ... (A Poll)
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Which of these possibilities is the situation that actually occurred recently?

------------
CT's head is so freakishly gi-normous that:

1) She was resting it on her husband's shoulder and accidentally put it out of socket.

2) She rested her head on a bag of apples and woke up in a face full of applesauce.

3) Her face began to redden, swell, further redden, go through a full spectrum of primary colours, and then her head collapsed in on itself, forming a stable black hole.

4) Other (list explanation below)

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for number three.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Bingo!

I now offer transport to far reaches of the galaxy for the low low price of $19.95.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
That's in Canadian dollars, right?
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Yeah. Which means that, like, I pay you.
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
How many custom-made football helmets have you had to have made because your head was too big, CT? None? I thought so [Razz]
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

My head could totally crush your head, Rakeesh-boy.
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweetie! I love your wee little head! [Wink]

(p.s. Tried to call you recently... I seem to have lost your email adress again :/ )

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

[Smile] Hi, Livvy!

I can't find my cell phone. Again. (I guess this means the ginormosity is not leading to increased brainpower.) I will send you an email, and if you send me your phone number back, I'll call you. Deal?

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

(You know, if Rakeesh and I had babies, they'd have to have special little carts to wheel their heads around in.

That could be cool.)

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a relatively large head as well. Ironically enough, it runs primarily in the males in my family. [Mad] [Confused] [Mad]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
#4. Other:

She's been cursed by Scott R for not participating in the 2350 game.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just going to say something like that, Scott. [Smile]

But I'll just observe that Sara and I have the same hat size, and Sophie can actually wear some of Christy's already. *laugh*

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
It's huuuge. Like an orange on a toothpick!
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for #5 - It's a virtual planetoid - it's got its own weather system!

And now I must share my own heeeead experience:
Several years ago, there was a picture taken of me with a couple of my friends. Because of the angle of the picture, it makes it look like my head is substantially larger than the heads of my friends. Ever since then there's been a running joke in my family about my "huuuuuge head". We now compare things to the size of my head- ie. "It's bigger than my head!" [Eek!]

So, I say embrace your large-headed nature! Be the Brain to our Pinky. [Smile]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible that your cell phone got sucked into the black hole?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, your head is a pebble, mine is a rolling boulder a la Raiders of the Lost Arc.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a coconut head. Ask Slash.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd think that's an enormous benefit in fencing, especially epee.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I would still love Sara, even if her head were twice the size. [Smile]

Uh, when you DO find the phone, expect a few messages. [Blushing]

*is a pest*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I would start a "CT's head is so freakishly gorgeous ... (A Poll)" thread, but everyone who hasn't already fallen in love with her would if I linked to a picture, and then I'd have to share her with even more people. So all y'all who haven't seen how beautiful she is lose out. Ha! [Big Grin]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

It doesn't matter how physically gorgeous she is - it can't compare with her beauty we've gotten to see just from her posts.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay, you have a picture of CT? I thought she banned cameras in her presence.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hey, I'm the one brown-nosing here, Dag! Back off!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Mama, I have a couple, actually. I didn't take any of them, but every now and then she will link to one someone else took for a little bit. I promised not to share, sorry. But if you ask Papa, I think he can direct you to a place where you can find one at the present time. [Smile]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Yeah, but I'm doing it better. [Razz]

Doesn't make it untrue, though.

ElJay
Member # 6358

Only 'cause I set it up for you. [Razz]

(Added: *waits gleefully for Sara to see the turn the thread has taken and scold us*)

Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be boring and go with #1, but I think it's all the hair that did it. Those fancy braids you do must weigh twenty pounds alone.
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
CT, are you okay? Was it like Barbie's head that you can just pop back on?
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
CT , is that you?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to go with #3 even before I saw twinky's response.

I not only have an unusually large head (which makes buying hats and wigs ever so much fun [Razz] ), but it was unusually small when I was an infant (enough so that my mom was worried, because the neighbor babies' heads were all bigger). I'm not exactly sure what that signifies, other than I have had a freakish head size for most of my life. (There must have been some point where it was merely average, but I didn't notice at the time.)

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, well the Duchess does have an extraordinarily large head in all those comic sketches... [Wink]

My sister-in-law claims that my niece has a large head to make room for all the extra brains.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Tante, that is link is not appropriate, if I caught it, it has to be obvious.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
When my kids were learning to walk, I swear that their heads grew much faster than the rest of their bodies. Thus, every few months, they would bump their heads on EVERYTHING. During these times, I lived in constant fear that the multiple tramas would cause a concussion.

CT, I'm sure that your head is sized directly proportional to your heart. ::sticks tongue out at ElJay and Dag::

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I have several photos with CT in them, which she allowed me to take.

Because I'm Special.

However, there is just one she said I could share. Here it is. It's kinda small, sorry.

I did the rope braid. She has a lovely head. [Smile]

Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I have trouble finding hats that fit, as well. I sympathize with the gi-normous head thing. I'll never cut my hair short, for fear the huge size of my head will become apparent. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

And you have such a small, delicate neck, too.
Megan
Member # 5290

quote:
Like an orange on a toothpick!
[Wink]

I do like my neck, though--hence its use as my avatar!

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Oh, good grief. Now I'm mortified.

Edited to add: And I have to go duck my face in ice water. I feel like I've been creme-brulee'd.

*grin, sheepish

Megan
Member # 5290

[Frown]

But...why?

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Oh, you all are too kind. I'm not so good with compliments, but thank you.

I'll try to catch up later today -- Dave and I are in the middle of dragging in to work.

Megan, don't worry. I'm fine. Just shy. [Kiss]

Megan
Member # 5290

Ok. [Big Grin]

[Group Hug]

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Sara, do you want me to take my picture of you from Noemonicon off the site it's currently posted on?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

No worries, Noemon. *smile

I'm trying to get over myself with regards to this general matter. I make entirely too big a deal of it.

Tante, here are some pictures of me available online. I'll dig around and post the others if I can find them later. These are the ones I have loaded on Photobucket, some more appealing than others. For sure. [Smile]

Most recent of my face (taken last week, I think, while brooding at the computer. It's my sakeriver icon):
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/huecolour/face.jpg

Crown braid:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/huecolour/3b461558.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/huecolour/62e1510d.jpg

Balancing a cat-toy on my nose:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/huecolour/cattoy.jpg

Slumped back and frowning at the computer screen:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/huecolour/2duchess.jpg

My hero, The Duchess (as mentioned above):
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/huecolour/duchess.jpg

Me photoshopped as my hero, complete with floating baby head:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/huecolour/duchess3.jpg

Me with my best doggy-friend:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/huecolour/beo.jpg

Back of my head:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/huecolour/length3.jpg

Hands at computer:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/huecolour/hands4.jpg

Back of my head and my butt:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/huecolour/.th_hue45.jpg

[ January 20, 2006, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Um...yeah, we're baaaaddd friends....

Sara's gallery

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

It's like a bad penny. [Big Grin]

And these I think are the last of me online, at least those that are suitable to identify here: Dave's set of 7 photos on Flickr, including the larger shot from which my sakeriver icon is taken as well as some black & whites.

I'm working on paring down my life, and paradoxically that comes with being more open about pictures. In claring out the clutter of my closets and boxes, I had to come to terms with the enormous level of emotional overinvestment I put into things. They're just things, even if they're pictures, so just let it go.

Slow but sure. [Smile] And if I get there, I reward myself with the Northwest Passage. [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.