FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY SKIN?

Author Topic: WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY SKIN?
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Patches of my finger are turning white and dry and they burn! What is it! *panic*
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You are entering my personal hell. I hope you like peeling off bits of cracked, dead skin until blood wells up.

*shudder*

Seriously, it happens to a lot of people. But it's awful.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
It just happened out of no where...
Suddenly my fingers started to itch and burn and then IT TURNED WHITE AND DRY!!! AUGH!!!!!!

Was it the peroxide I used for Bernie's litter box?
AUGH!*Freaking out*

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you start using a new dish detergent? My roommate last term had to permanently bow out of dishwashing when the detergent we bought made her hands crack and peel.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

No.
I just used some Peroxide for bernie's litter box.. instead of vinegar and peroxide because no one has any vinegar...
Now my skin is all!!!
GAH!!!
and red in places too! oh dear
i hope I don't look like a mutant tomorrow.

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to use rubber gloves. I have sensitive skin and when I use dish detergent, my skin peels off in sheets. Or, at least, it did that in Canada. It doesn't do that here.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
If I get hydrogen peroxide on my skin it does that too. So I just try to not let that happen. Good luck.
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Er, I think hydrogen peroxide does that to everyone's skin. When handling any sort of abrasive chemical wear gloves!
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope it is not tsaraas. It is not diagnosed by a dermatologist -- you will need to see a Kohen. It is caused by gossip. Have you been gossiping? If you repent, it might get better.

Or, it could be dermatitis. Try putting on some cortisone cream and see if that helps.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
My skin is completely white. It must be because I gossip so much.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
It was the peroxide, when I volunteered at a vet clinic, they told us that would happen if you had a teeny scratch or something, it tries to clean it out.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

It seems to be better now. Still itchy, not as white and flaky so that's good, but that was freaky.
I have to use that stuff to clean things involving my rabbit too. As well as Vingear if they EVER get around to getting any.
I'll have to be careful next time. At least I didn't wake up with my whole body like that. [Angst]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad you repented!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Syn, I'm surprised it burned. I use peroxide all the time and it never burns. Bubbles a little, turns my skin white.. but doesn't burn.

Heck, I've even used it as mouthwash. Were you using full strength industrial peroxide or the diluted kind you buy at the grocery store?

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
From what I understand it only happens on little scratches or holes in skin, possibly where there is some sort of bacteria. So washing immeadiatly after use might help. It just itches (maybe worse for you than for me).
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

cheap diluted 3% peroxide
and this never happened ever...
it was dry and gross looking all night... i thought i had gotten leprosy or something.

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

It only happens to me some of the time. Don't worry about it. Or write out your will, whatever. [Wink]
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Syn, I'm glad it was ultimately something simple =)
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
I use H2O2 as a first aid cleaner for cuts and scratches all the time. It shouldn't burn! When it reacts it just turns to H2O and O2. It bubbles, the O2 in the bubbles kills micro-organisms and the H2O washes away dirt. No pain, no burn, no blood, no foul. I would look for another cause especially if it comes back. Tante may just have the answer for this one. (Sounds like leprosy to me.)
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ifmyheartcouldbeat
Member # 8692

- posted      Profile for ifmyheartcouldbeat   Email ifmyheartcouldbeat         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to put Hydrogen Peroxide on my belly button area when i got it pierced and it would peel sometimes. Dont fret [Smile]
Posts: 82 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.