FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I Hate Salzburg

Author Topic: I Hate Salzburg
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
NPR has a delightful show celebrating Mozart. It's the 250th anniversary of his birth. And he apparently hated Salzburg. And the archbishop . . . I need to go get that movie . . . ummm . . . ah yes, Amadeus

Stanzi, his wife, was quite a business woman, apparently. She laid all the foundations for the "Mozart" industry . . . did you know his Salzburg apartment was turned into a Mozart museum 100 years after he died?

npr.org

For more information -- and good musical clips.

[Smile]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
He loved Prague though.

Just saying.

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
And Venice, apparently. *grin*
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
It is actually quite a lovely city. I have a warm place in my heart for Salzburg.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah but what's with all the kids running through the streets singing all the time?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
He was best friends with Antonio Salieri. They would have long talks and drink lemonade and laugh the night away.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Salzburg is beautiful.

But Innsbruck is even prettier.

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.