FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A reservation, please! (another game) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: A reservation, please! (another game)
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
{reserved}

[ January 29, 2006, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

- posted      Profile for suminonA   Email suminonA         Edit/Delete Post 
I like what you did to your reservation [Smile] It's quite ... "fashion" [Big Grin] Curls give your appearance a youngish touch. [Wink]
I mean, it’s quite an original way to use your only edit per post, for this one.

And BTW, could anyone tell me what does “BTW” stands for ? [Dont Know]

A

[ January 29, 2006, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: suminonA ]

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
It means Born To Waddle, and it was coined by the American Anatidae Appreciation Association.

[ January 29, 2006, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: theCrowsWife ]

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
And here's a little known fact for you:

The AAAA was founded by a hotdog water enthusiast. Actually, "enthusiast" doesn't even begin to describe it. "Obsessor" would be a far more fitting term. Instead of asking for a regular glass of water at restaurants, he would ask the waiter for a class of the excess hot dog water.

The More You Know...

[ January 30, 2006, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Celaeno ]

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
I, too, hate hotdog water. Nasty!

[ January 29, 2006, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Swampjedi ]

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

[Can I reserve again?]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
[reserved]
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
[reserved]
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

Hey, look! I’ve just engraved the rules on these delicate glass sculptures. And don’t worry, I’ve made a lot of copies. Plus, this is the Japanese version, I have them in all the languages, except Klingon.
Wait, what are you doing with that hammer?

A.

[ January 30, 2006, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: suminonA ]

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I'll start breaking the rules just for the heck of it!

Muahahahahaha!

[Evil Laugh]

[ January 30, 2006, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: Megan ]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
EDIT:

Philistine!

Don't ruin what you can't understand!

[ January 29, 2006, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

On a second thought, maybe you should break some rules from time to time. It’s not like we are Fred Phelps’s worshippers around here.

A.

[ February 02, 2006, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: suminonA ]

Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
It's hard to believe that any sane individual could possibly agree with the likes of Fred Phelps. I say lynch the hatemongers!

[ February 01, 2006, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Uprooted ]

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the thing: if you accept his basic premise, Fred Phelps is a culture hero. He's dedicated himself to ridding the world of people who disagree with him.

With that in mind, it's easy to cross all the way over into never-never land. Where's the line? And please, no wimpy, college-level centrist answers like "we can never determine where that line is," or "the line is different for every person." If I wanted wishy-washy, I'd have asked John Kerry.

[ January 30, 2006, 04:18 AM: Message edited by: erosomniac ]

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Clearly there is no line. But perhaps we should put Fred Phelps and John Kerry into a room together and see which one emerges victorious (or at least not dead). Either way, America wins.

[ January 31, 2006, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: theCrowsWife ]

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

I'd have beaten you up for saying that. Even if you were in the hospital with 4 broken limbs.

[ January 30, 2006, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: Swampjedi ]

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
You can't beat me up. Only three of my limbs are broken, and the other one is holding a gun. Besides, it's against hospital rules.

[ January 30, 2006, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Juxtapose ]

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Ha, I cheated!
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I'm a terrible person...
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[reserved]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

[not reserved]
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Aha!

[ January 30, 2006, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
What? I didn't do anything!

[ January 31, 2006, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

I know what you did last summer.

[ January 31, 2006, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Swampjedi ]

Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I claim this post as the new location of my new civilization. In fact...I think my new civilization requires a whole new thread...So I shall claim this a colony!
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

Altáriël of Dorthonion, you’re back [Smile] I see you like to play games [Big Grin] . What is this stuff with the thready-fence?
Oh wait, you like miniatures, and that is your civilisation, and this is a colony! How cute! And it all stands on the top of one post.
I’ll ask our thread-master to help you with the materials you need. Just be patient and play by the rules [Smile]

A.

[ January 30, 2006, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: suminonA ]

erosomniac
Member # 6834

[reserved]
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
[reserved]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
Peanut butter without jelly on a sandwich just isn't the same.

[ February 02, 2006, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Coccinelle ]

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
[Not reserved, just a little shy...]
Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

Of course, but then what does the “Non Smoking” sign doing here? And who fold it into an ashtray!? I thought I’m the only origami freak around.
Who did it? Show up now, or forever shut up!

[ January 31, 2006, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: suminonA ]

cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
[reserved]
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex Johansen
Member # 9090

- posted      Profile for Alex Johansen   Email Alex Johansen         Edit/Delete Post 
Remember that one part of Ender's Shadow? In the space ship where Dimak talks about flatulence? Oh that cracked me up, ahahahahah.

[ January 31, 2006, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Alex Johansen ]

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

Ha ha, right! And then the moose came in! [ROFL]

[ February 06, 2006, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: suminonA ]

Juxtapose
Member # 8837

What moose?

[ January 31, 2006, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Juxtapose ]

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

[Taking the bait]
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
[reserved (BTW, I like theCrowsWife's idea about reserving again at the end once you edit your post]
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
I was really looking forward to being the first person to actually have superpowers. You mean to tell me I've been wearing my underwear on the outside for no good reason all these years? [Embarrassed]

[ February 01, 2006, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Rico ]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

[reserved parking for customers only; yes, that means you!]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, imogen. You have anything planned for tomorrow?

[ February 01, 2006, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
[mine!]
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Imogen, but I'm fairly certainy that you can't do that on television.

[ February 01, 2006, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: ricree101 ]

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

I beg to differ. The other day I saw a documentary about a woman whose nipples had nipples. And those nipples had even tiner nipples on them.

[ February 06, 2006, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Juxtapose ]

suminonA
Member # 8757

Well, that's the most fractal-like idea that I've heard lately. Imagination is a great thing indeed.

[ February 02, 2006, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: suminonA ]

Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
If I thought of the galaxies within galaxies within galaxies from Men in Black when I read about the woman with nipples on her nipples on her nipples, am I imaginative or insane?

[ February 06, 2006, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Brinestone ]

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

No, that's not normal at all. Perhaps you should see a doctor? Or an astrophysicist at the least?

[ February 05, 2006, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: theCrowsWife ]

suminonA
Member # 8757

I wouldn't trust an astrophysicist... Once one told me that the Sun was "the center of our Solar System"! Imagine that! A star the size of my thumb nail to be the center of a Planetary System! [ROFL]

[ February 20, 2006, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: suminonA ]

human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
[just do it]
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seven
Member # 5367

- posted      Profile for seven           Edit/Delete Post 
Reserved!
Posts: 46 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
I too heard some juicy gossip about ricree101 this afternoon, Seven. It seems like this time ricree101 decided to jump into one of the monkey cages with a pack of Marlboros and tried to teach them how to smoke claiming they wouldn't be "cool" until they did it. Several 2nd degree burns and a call to the fire department later ricree101 decided to call it quits saying "the monkeys have won... for now!"

After hearing that story I only have this to say:

ricree101, I don't quite think people at the zoo appreciate it when you give monkeys cigarettes. You really should stop doing it, it's bad for their health.

[ February 07, 2006, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Rico ]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.