FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What happened to my thread? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What happened to my thread?
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, I deleted it. Guess you can still do that to threads you start yourself. Huh.

Ignore this one, too.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you feeling okay?

I ignored the other one as requested, though. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid I clicked on it immediately.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay, you brat! Now you're just messin' with us!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Tell me how you did that, because I can't seem to delete mine.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Tom illustrates an excellent point. Advent, you were doing so in my other thread as well. Do you know why I started it yet? I have to go to a three hour meeting now, so let's see if you can figure it out by the time I get back.

But not in this thread! THIS thread I want you to let die! No posting in it, now!

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Tell me how you did that, because I can't seem to delete mine.
Which you posted at 1:00 EST, 15 minutes after you responded to my post on the other thread explaining how to do it.
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Don't forget not to post in here! Let's nail this thread shut!
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
OK ElJay, I won't post in here anymore.

*smacks forehead*

Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
ElJay, you brat! Now you're just messin' with us!

Yeah, what I said.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what really makes attention whores who are desparate to feel important learn their lesson? When you lavish attention on them and make them feel important, because, man, they hate that.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Actually, Squicky, I was primarily just entertaining myself, and I believe a few others. While I certainly wouldn't have minded if my rather broadly dropped hint was taken up, I didn't really expect it to be.

[Razz]

Megan
Member # 5290

*nails thread shut*
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

*pries it open to see what's inside*

Oooh! Shiny!

ElJay
Member # 6358

Hey! Watch what you're calling shiny!
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
But your hair is so lustrous, ElJay....
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Handle with care... [ROFL]
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Ooooh...Fra-gee-le...must be Italian...
ElJay
Member # 6358

There is entirely too much posting going on in this thread. How do you expect it to die?
Megan
Member # 5290

I'll handle this.

*breaks out nailgun*

*drives 6 inch spikes through thread*

*breaks out welding torch*

*welds edges of thread*

There. NOTHING is getting through that! Yeah!

pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I read "thread" as "head."

Nothing says, "Obey me" like a bloody head on a fence post!

Or something.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I read "thread" as "head."
You mean like this? -> [ROFL]
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Exactly! A severed head rolling about on the floor! That's a great way to deter people from this thread.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, now my threads shall haunt me only in my nightmares. Please let us never bring them back to the light of day.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

As long as you stop bumping my thread. What are you doing in here again? Shoo!
Advent 115
Member # 8914

*giggles and runs away*
Megan
Member # 5290

*waves nailgun threateningly*

Yeah, stay out of the thread!

smitty
Member # 8855

Oooh! Can I play with the nail gun? I like to shoot nails at people who giggle.
Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
I call the nailgun next! Nailing mouths shut is my specialty.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

NOBODY gets my nailgun, unless it's the business end!

Get your own tool/weapon. [Big Grin]

smitty
Member # 8855

Meg, I label you "not a team player". I shoot my staple gun in your general direction.
Megan
Member # 5290

*nails smitty's hands to the table*

How d'ya like them apples?

smitty
Member # 8855

hey now i cant reach the shift key you witch
Megan
Member # 5290

[Big Grin]
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if I can't have a nail gun, guess it's the good old hammer for me.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

Owie owie owie! That smarts! OK, I'm moving up to chucking handfuls of loose nails in your general direction. If I had ever played the piano before, I would now be lamenting that I'll never play it again...
ElJay
Member # 6358

There is entirely too much frivolity going on in here. You'd think people came to Hatrack to enjoy themselves or something.
smitty
Member # 8855

No, to play with tools we are waaaaaay too immature to play with. I'm fair certain my staple gun won't shoot all the way to Canada, but there's a couple heading in your general direction.

I'd better pick those up out of the carpet before the wife gets home.

ElJay
Member # 6358

*blink* I'm not in Canada, silly. I'm in Minnesota.

Don't make me get out my water balloon slingshot!

smitty
Member # 8855

*blink* isn't Minnesota IN Canada? Or, at least close enough for government work? I coulda swore we gave that away years ago....
ElJay
Member # 6358

That's it, I'm raiding Dad's garage. . .

*holsters up two nail guns, three staple guns, and a maul*

*tries to figure out how to gracefully pull around the compressor and a long extention cord*

smitty
Member # 8855

Well, I'm headed south in the morning, so you'd better hurry if you're gonna get here in time.

Besides, a woman with power tools is more likely to hurt herself than anyone else....

(OK, ducking and running out of the room. I'd better leave earlier than planned...... [Wink] )

ElJay
Member # 6358

See, your chauvenism is so laughable it's just cute. *pats smitty's head*

But be careful, or I'll come after you with this. [Smile]

pH
Member # 1350

I found a power drill on top of the fridge. *proceeds to wave it about menacingly*

-pH

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice thread, ElJay. What's it for?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
For her to show off that picture again.

Duh.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
*reserved*

Hey, why not? works in the reservation thread...

I'll think of something witty and power tool related later on today, then I've got somewhere to post it.

Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Nah, rivka, that's just a side benefit. [Wink]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure it is. *pat pat*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.