FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Hatrack Dating Game - Round 1 , The Flame-Haired Israeli Princess! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The Hatrack Dating Game - Round 1 , The Flame-Haired Israeli Princess!
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Bump, again.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Convinced which way, Raia? Because I'm becoming more and more convinced away.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I think this will be really fun to watch. I wish it would get started already. Hint, hint.

But I guess that wouldn't be fair. You said three days, so it has to be three days.

This is me sighing.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
EL, I decided it would be fun to participate. Why not? [Smile]

I'm bored.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
True. Boredom is always a good motivator. [Smile]

(Also, I am in a better mood all-round today. I apologise for the earlier snark, everyone.)

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

You're only forgiven if you play. [Wink]
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
/ogre

How about I just break through the shyness and tell yous people who you're going to date on this forum? Huh? How you like dem apples? *cracks knuckles*

/ogre

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

I'm not going to play because I'm in a space right now where I can't.

Although if all parties involved don't mind me playing in a strict "get to know EL better just as a person and maybe friend" sort of way then I can play. But not dating.

pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
eros, how many people are playing at the moment? I'd sort of like an idea before I decide whether to play or not. No names need be mentioned, just a number will do (if you are willing to give that).
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Roughly 9 or 10.
pfresh85
Member # 8085

Any sort of male/female split up there? I sort of want to know if it's going to be all guys competing for one girl or if it's going to be a split of some sort.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

There are definitely more guys than girls, but there is more than one girl. Fair enough? [Smile]
pfresh85
Member # 8085

Fair enough. I'm in. *submits profile*
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
DINK DINK STOPPED CHARGING. COMPLETELY.
I HAVE NO COMPUTER...
I will be single foorrreeevvveerr!! [Dont Know]

Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Don't worry jennabean, I was planning on submitting your profile for you anyway [Wink]
jennabean
Member # 8590

Well as long as you're playing dirty, give me some cuties okay...
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Eros, when you post the profiles, it might be easier to browse them if you did one post with male and one post with female profiles. Shoulnd't be hard anyway if there aren't that many.

But this is just round one, maybe if people find it entertaining we'll get more players in the next round. Just an idea to organize it easier for you.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

That was my plan in the first place. [Smile]

I'd really like to see one more bachelorette sign up! Come on, ladies, it'll be fun and entertaining if nothing else.

Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I mean come on I'm up for grabs. And did I forget to mention..... no I shouldn't say, if I did it would ruin it for the other guys.

I do have some morals.0:-)

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Come on eros, snap to. The 3 day waiting period is over.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

I'm currently, uh, incapacitated, but I will post them in the morning!

Let the games begin!

Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Finally. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

It's the afternooooooon.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

I apologize: due to my aforementioned incapacitation, I woke up a bit late. Compiling now!
erosomniac
Member # 6834

FEMALE PROFILES!

CODE NAME: The Flame-haired Israeli Princess (aka Bachelorette #1!)
HEIGHT: 5'4"
WEIGHT: I'm a girl... you're not going to get me to reveal my weight.
RELIGION: Jewish (but if the guy isn't Jewish, it's not the end of the world, by any means).
~100 WORDS TO DESCRIBE YOURSELF: I'm of a short/average height, with long, red curly hair (a trait I've found most guys to particularly like -- supposedly, it's sexy). I'm a vocal performance major, and a woman of many interests: I love to sing, read, cook, engage in practically any form of artwork, walk my dog in the sunshine, dance (though I'm not very good at it, for the most part), and a number of other things. I'm easy to please.
~50 WORD DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU THINK OPPOSITE SEX WOULD FIND MOST APPEALING ABOUT YOU: I'm a good listener, I have long sexy red hair, I'm not afraid to joke around and be myself, and I very much enjoy wearing skirts (Long ones especially, though, sorry guys).
ONE INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOU: I was born in Jerusalem, Israel, and have lived practically everywhere. Well, not everywhere, but many places... I have never spent more than 5 years in one place. I also lived in England for a while, as well as a few states in the US. I speak fluent Hebrew.

CODE NAME: The Hapa-Haole Hottie (aka Bachelorette #2!)
HEIGHT*: 5'5"
WEIGHT*: Height-weight proportional
RELIGION: Christian
~100 WORDS TO DESCRIBE YOURSELF: I'm hot and beautiful and I know it - and you will, too! I'm smart but not a dork - at least, not yet. I love animals and all things cutesy, with emphasis on Hello Kitty, dolphins and African Gray Parrots. I don't know what it means to half-ass something. I have a healthy dose of self-confidence, know how to keep a conversation moving, and mean what I say.
~50 WORD DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU THINK OPPOSITE SEX WOULD FIND MOST APPEALING ABOUT YOU: I love hard and laugh easily. I'm a great friend and a better lover. Oh, I have a model body and a webcam.
ONE INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOU: I was a bad, bad girl, but I've cleaned up my act - mostly [Wink] .

CODE NAME: The Brainy Blonde (aka Bachelorette #3!)
HEIGHT*:5' 4"
WEIGHT*:Since I have to be honest... around 145 lbs.
RELIGION: Protestant, but there is some serious doubting involved, and I might start going to a Catholic church with a friend. I'm not too picky about your religion, though.
~100 WORDS TO DESCRIBE YOURSELF: I'm blonde, yet intelligent. I enjoy school, and I ask a lot of questions. I like to "know" things- how things work, why people are the way they are, etc. I really, really value honesty- if you lie, I'll find out, and you don't want that to happen. [Razz] I'm headed to college in the fall, as a music education major. I'll listen to just about anything, and I'll read any fiction book. I don't really like non-fiction. I used to be highly religious, but certain situations have left me with a great deal of doubt, and I haven't been to church in quite a while because of that. I'm open to hearing new ideas, as long as they are intelligent.
~50 WORD DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU THINK OPPOSITE SEX WOULD FIND MOST APPEALING ABOUT YOU: I enjoy a good, deep conversation, but I can talk about nothing, too. I know how to have fun, but I keep it within limits. I'm a bit crazy, but in a good way. I'll try just about anything. I'm trying to be healthier and happier. I live my life to become a better person and to be a benefit to those around me.
ONE INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOU: I'm Italian and American by citizenship and birth(dual citizenship). I'm an interesting person in general, at least I've been told. So that was as good as I could come up with. Oh, and I've ridden in a dogsled, and want to do it again. [Razz] [Big Grin]

GUYS! E-mail me which bachelorette you'd prefer to play for.

[ February 07, 2006, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: erosomniac ]

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

If there's only two girls, wouldn't it have been easier to put all the guy profiles up, and then have the two women choose which guys they want playing for them?

The way it is now, three guys that the girls have no interest in might choose them and that sort of defeats the purpose, unless you were planning on posting the guy profiles next and have the girls pick, then match them up afterwards, in which case I bow to your genius.

erosomniac
Member # 6834

MALE PROFILES!

CODE NAME: The Historian Heartthrob (Bachelor #1)
Height: 5’8ish
Weight: 150lbs

I’m a fairly intelligent college student who is very aware of his surroundings. I love history, and plan to further study it in school towards making it a career. I love writing, but have no short term plans of making it into a career, there’s plenty of time for that. My interests focus around reading, writing, movies (Star Wars and Holy Grail) and music (I love Dave Matthews). I’m not into the bar scene, it, and drinking to excess, have little appeal to me. I’ll do anything once, so long as I’m pretty sure it won’t kill or maim me.

What I think the opposite sex will find most attractive about me: My sense of humor. I know when to be serious, but more often than not my default setting is funny. I’m also a great conversationalist, I can chat it up for hours, and usually only half of it is geeky nerd stuff. I’m cute too, or so I’m told.

CODE NAME: The Cute Conversationalist (Bachelor #2)
HEIGHT*: 5'9"
WEIGHT*: 150lbs
RELIGION: Somewhere between theist and agnostic. Take from that what you will.

~100 WORDS TO DESCRIBE YOURSELF:
I'm a quiet guy who has a lot to say once you get me started. I'm intelligent, somewhat funny and/or witty, and at least kind of cute. I have a great sense of humor, and I like to make others laugh when I can (although sometimes this works out better than others [Razz] ). I like deep discussions, although I hate arguing religion and politics unless it can be done in a diplomatic fashion. I'm also fairly creative and like to write. So basically, I'm just a smart, kind of funny, kind of creative guy.

~50 WORD DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU THINK OPPOSITE SEX WOULD FIND MOST APPEALING ABOUT YOU:
I'd point to my self-description really. I mean I think it's my intelligence and my sense of humor/wit that most women would find appealing about me. I'm a good conversationalist and just someone nice to talk to. I'm also a great listener (I love to listen to others).

ONE INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOU: I own a decent sized collection of Japanese texts but I only know a minimal amount of Japanese (I'll get there eventually [Razz] )

CODE NAME: The Chiseled Child-Lover (Bachelor #3)
20 yrs old
5'9"
150 lbs
Atheist

I’m a twenty year old who works at a Defined Fitness in New Mexico. I work out frequently. I spend most of my waking hours either on Hatrack or at my college classes. I am a fervent reader and have read most of OSC’s science fiction novels, which is why I joined Hatrack. I enjoy political debates and am highly involved in my local political debates; I also enjoy having intelligent debates with others so that I might find the motivations behind their views. I also enjoy online tournaments with my friends on Xbox Live.

I am very active in maintaining a good appearance: I take good care of my body through constant exercise. I am an active member in my community and participate in several political debates a month. I enjoy console gaming and working out at the gym were I also am employed as a desk clerk. I am good with children. I can cook several varieties of fine food such as Mexican, French, Cajun, and Greek.

CODE NAME: The Witty Wooer (Bachelor #4)
HEIGHT*: 5'10"
WEIGHT*: 180
RELIGION: Protestantish
~100 WORDS TO DESCRIBE YOURSELF: I am an avid reader with an emphasis on Sci-fi, fantasy, and history. My interests are current events, politics, and physical fitness. I work for the government, and am prohibited from most job-related discussion. My most endearing attribute is my ability to witticize. And I do.
~50 WORD DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU THINK OPPOSITE SEX WOULD FIND MOST APPEALING ABOUT YOU: I have been told that I'm a "great listener." It seems that all one has to do is listen, and a problem becomes less than it seemed to be.
ONE INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOU: My paternal ancestor, name forgotten (by me at least), was the main gunpowder supplier to the Continental Armies. They won.

CODE NAME: The Artsy Atheist (Bachelor #5)
HEIGHT*: 5'11"
WEIGHT*: ~150
RELIGION: Atheist
~100 WORDS TO DESCRIBE YOURSELF: Hey ladies, don't look now, but I'm tall, dark, and questionable! I'm a Leo, and if that doesn't mean anything to you either, then we'll get along famously. Down to the nitty-gritty: I love cartoons, and comic books, but hate capes. I love the stars, and beaches, and nature in general, and feel guilty when I throw my cigarette butts on the ground. I give change to the homeless, but the quarters I keep for laundry. I love every piece of artwork that I finish, and hate it the entire time I'm making it. I'm beginning to suspect that my natural circadaian rhythm is nocturnal.
~50 WORD DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU THINK OPPOSITE SEX WOULD FIND MOST APPEALING ABOUT YOU: You'll love my level-headedness and easygoing nature. When I wear hats, my ears look elfin. I'm a mix of perpetual child and grouchy old man. I once told a girl I thought I was having a midlife crisis, and she said it was "cute." The randomness that spews from my mouth will keep you perpetually entertained.
ONE INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOU: Sometimes, I don't scare babies.

CODE NAME: The Verbose Vision (Bachelor #6)
HEIGHT*: 6'2"
WEIGHT*: 275
RELIGION: Philosophical (does that count?)
~100 WORDS TO DESCRIBE YOURSELF:
Easy-going, eloquent, irrelevant, funny, thoughtful, open-minded, sentimental, silly, adventuresome, literal, behemoth, romantic, lazy, spiritual, precise, musical, controversial, versatile, foolhardy, agreeable, opinionated, loving, loony, contemplative, gargantuan, whimsical, companionable, cerebral, independent, personable, passionate, indulgent, unafraid, visionary, empathetic, humble, sarcastic, ironic, sensible, self-assured, humorous, thesaurus owning, lackadaisical, deep,adaptable, generous, overwhelmed, complex, bold, enthusiastic, well-armed, tender, appreciative, sympathetic, idealistic, jocular, patient, perceptive, soft-hearted, level-headed, valiant, blessed, hopeful, affable, lethargic, clever, kindly, comical, astute, nocturnal, talkative, emotional, calm, loopy, courageous, conflicted, healthy, magnanimous, supportive, tolerant, sincere, long winded, lethal, well-intentioned, encouraging, open, confident, flexible, receptive and sunny.

~50 WORD DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU THINK OPPOSITE SEX WOULD FIND MOST APPEALING ABOUT YOU: I've been told my green eyes are "dreamy".

ONE INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOU: I performed on the 1990 Academy Awards, popping out of a giant present with other choir members, and sang "Somewhere in My Memory," the song nominated from Home Alone.

CODE NAME: The Dark-eyed Dancer (Bachelor #7)
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Dark Brown
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 250lbs
Religion: Mormon - I'm cool with other religions as long as they're cool with mine.

Describe myself: I have a flowing personality. I usually fit well in any situation and get along well with just about everyone. I enjoy the sciences and the arts, and can be analytical and philosophical at the same time.

What the opposite sex would find attractive: I am tall, dark, AND handsome. Really. I am. And I know how to dance. I don't mean like break dancing or anything like that. I mean the romantic, ballroom stuff that they always show in movies.

One interesting fact: I once went to the emergency room 3 times in one week, for completely different reasons. (No, I'm not accident prone)

GIRLS! E-mail me your top 3 picks! <--TOP 3! TOP 3! Not just one!

Edit: Yep, I'm a step ahead of ya, Lyr. [Wink]

[ February 08, 2006, 05:33 AM: Message edited by: erosomniac ]

erosomniac
Member # 6834

DISCLAIMER: Participants, please don't take this too seriously. At the end, each of our lucky bachelorettes will be choosing only one bachelor - do not feel bad if you are not one of the chosen! With only two bachelorettes playing, it's more a matter of personal preference and compatability than a measure of objective attractiveness.

DISCLAIMER, PART 2: EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING, if you'd like to say something nice about one of our participants behind a wall of anonymity, feel free to e-mail it to me and I will post it by the appropriate profile.

pfresh85
Member # 8085

Wow, fancy titles and everything. Good job, eros.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Did you put those in order of height on purpose?
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

...you know what? That's quite the coincidence.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Sorry for doubting you eros. [Smile]
erosomniac
Member # 6834

It's all good - just happened to run headfirst into a hangover is all. [Big Grin]
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
The sad thing is I doubt if he's joking.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

I vote for Bachelorette #1

[ February 07, 2006, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Advent 115 ]

erosomniac
Member # 6834

E-mail, buddy, e-mail. The entire point of this game was anonymity.
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Ladies! Take your pick of each of these DASHING bachelors! Just email erosomniac to maintain anonymity. Who will it be? Artsy or athletic? Creative or logical? Make your choices now!

*strikes pose in cocktail dress*

-Vanna pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Let's have a round of applause for the beautiful Vanna pH, everyone.

<clappity clap>

El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
That's better, advent.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

*clap clap*

Yay, dating game. [Big Grin]

Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
So when do we find out what the matches are?
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

When everyone responds. Thusfar, four people have. The rest of you - get on it!
pfresh85
Member # 8085

4 out of 9 isn't bad, about halfway there.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, I have a model body and a webcam.
Together, they fight crime!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
With Cool Glasses.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

<clappity clap> I <3 Vanna Heartless.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I can never help but see "<3" as mooning somebody, rather than as a heart.

[ February 08, 2006, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
That could work.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
How come they're all so young?

*ponders over the morning coffee*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

Because a lot of older people are married? *shrugs* I don't know.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.