FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Survival(a game)

Author Topic: Survival(a game)
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
With the popularity of shows like Lost and Survivor, I figured it was time for Hatrack to try one of its own.

Here's how it works:
I will start off by saying who I am, where I am, and how I got there, along with one other problem that may arise. Each time someone new posts, they must state who they are, how they got there, a solution to the problem of the previous post, and a new problem that arises. After posting once, you may continue to post, as long as you continue the problem/solution thing going. You don't need to keep stating your name. [Razz]

Make sure you keep in mind that as more people post, those people are also stuck wherever it is we are.

Ahem. Let me begin.

I knew I never should have trusted my brother and his far-fetched ideas about rocket packs and people who can fly.

My name is Erin. I'm here in the middle of this jungle because of my stupid brother. He made me test-fly his idiotic rocket pack, but the thing broke while I was flying and I couldn't control it. I only landed when the thing ran out of fuel

So I guess I'm stuck here now, with only my wits and a smoldering pile of scrap metal- the remains of the so called "rocket pack." Now I face an even bigger problem... I don't have Ender's Game with me.

Haha, yeah right. You don't understand. Ender's game is the only thing that ever gave me the strength to go on! I MUST be able to read it! Never mind that I have the whole thing memorized... I don't have my book! What am I gonna do now? [Dont Know]

[edit to add: yippee!!! 500th post!]

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BYSOAL
Member # 3846

- posted      Profile for BYSOAL           Edit/Delete Post 
*Blink*
Posts: 55 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, my name is Mike. And I'm in the jungle because I got thrown backwards through time by a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick. Though, I think I may have something for your problem. Its called a CD player and an audio book. Enjoy! *hands Tinros a CD player and an audio book of Ender's Game.

Though, I have a problem of my own. I lost my towel.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm Alfred. Batman left me here after he found out I'd conspired to embezzle his pathetic little fortune. Well, to you Batman, I say faugh!--faugh!

As the consummate butler, I always carry towels. In fact, I have an entire linen closet. Here, sir.

Bit I simply cannot keep the silver clean in this humidity. It seems to tarnish so quickly.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Alfred, you are in luck, my friend. As a flute player, I ALWAYS have non-tarnish strips handy. Simply place them with the silver and voila! No tarnish!

However... the cd player ran out of batteries. Oh my.

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Erin, you are in luck. I'm so awesome I can redesign the CD player to run on solar power.

I seem to have also lost my sanity...

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.