FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Things that make life worth living (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Things that make life worth living
Alex Johansen
Member # 9090

- posted      Profile for Alex Johansen   Email Alex Johansen         Edit/Delete Post 
1) coasting along on a bike down a hill that seems to never end, the wind in your hair, the feeling that your free, and in control, even with a constantly changing environment, with no cars or people around, you feel that for those few moments, you are, in a way, God. You are in control of the path you choose, COMPLETE control, immune to anything anyone does to you, ebcause noone is there to do anything to you, you feel like your flying, like your alive, with the slightest change in your weight you can go to the left, the right, its almost like if you focus on going somewhere, you are turning that way (and thats exactly what ahppens your brain will command some of your muscles to make your weight shift to taht direction) and you can do anything you want, and it doesn't matter, beause you are in control for that moment, noone will know, noone will care, but you will, its your piece of heaven.

2) someone who always smiles, and makes you feel good inside, you get tongue tied around them and feel like an idiot, but then they give you a hug, and it makes your stomach go all tingly inside, you feel alive, and cared for, and wanted

but when you go to give that person a hug, and they back away, it makes tears well into your eyes, you can feel like someone or something is reachign through your chest and grabbing onto your heart and starts to squeeze, not hard, but enough that you feel pressure. you dont understand why you are crying, how someone, even that person could do this to you, make you feel this way, it hurts, it hurts a lot, and you cant stop crying

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
The smell of a woman's breath just before she kisses you.

Of course these days I have to live with the happy memories =)

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Same here Pix, same here.....
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kettricken
Member # 8436

- posted      Profile for Kettricken   Email Kettricken         Edit/Delete Post 
A cat waiting on the window sill for you to get home and give her a cuddle.

The residents first weekend my city has each year(local residents get to go into most of the museums and tourist attractions free for one weekend. It was last weekend and it was a beautiful cold clear day, and I really appreciated where I live).

Posts: 169 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
A three-year-old son who's reluctant to talk, jumping on your lap out of the blue and saying, "I yuv you!"
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A cat waiting on the window sill for you to get home and give her a cuddle.
*is so, so jealous*
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Diet Sunkist soda.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Watching a 9-month old get so excited that he loses all control of his arms and legs and then squees.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex Johansen
Member # 9090

- posted      Profile for Alex Johansen   Email Alex Johansen         Edit/Delete Post 
squees? like a pig? do you mean squeel?

for a second i thought you might havent meant "pees" and i started cracking up

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Being on a 2 week backpacking trip and waking up to this.

Then seeing this later on.

And finally, this.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Reading and reading and reading VBA books, but not really fully understanding until trying to apply it and making mistakes, nothing working right, keeping at it, reading some more, then finally, FINALLY figuring it out. And now my application is working somewhat like I want it to. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
The verb is to squee. I can't think of a better way to describe the sound. Half laugh, half squeal, half yelp.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rabid Newz
Member # 7704

- posted      Profile for Rabid Newz   Email Rabid Newz         Edit/Delete Post 
75) Being complimented by someone who is probably about twenty times more intelligent than you are.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
Packages in the mail.

Pointless crushes.

Talking over coffee.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone telling you they love you.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.