FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bush's budget CUTS Oil Industry funding

Author Topic: Bush's budget CUTS Oil Industry funding
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! CNN: Oil industry disputes proposed budget trim

This administration does so much that I disagree with, I thought it only fair to point out something I do like. I have to agree that in the midst of record profits the oil industry can do their own R&D, and we can use that money for alternative and renewable fuel R&D instead.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
It's only 50 million, but it's a start. I'm glad to see he sees the error of his ways.

What boggles my mind, is an industry where ONE company made 30 billion dollars last year in pure profit is really complaining that much about 50 million dollars.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
A) Wasn't alternative fuel one of the main talking points of the State of the Union address last week?

B) 50 million cut from an industry making billions, while billions cut from the education budget.

When you combine the two, the prospect of the kids not being left behind in the classroom doing the alternative fuel search is kind of frightening. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silkie
Member # 8853

- posted      Profile for Silkie   Email Silkie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm glad to see he sees the error of his ways.
I wouldn't go THAT far! [Big Grin] It's a step in the right direction, though.

I agree with Kayla ... $50 Million is a small step compared to $26 Billion in cuts to social programs and student aid.

Posts: 337 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kayla:
When you combine the two, the prospect of the kids not being left behind in the classroom doing the alternative fuel search is kind of frightening. [Roll Eyes]

[ROFL]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the error of that decision anyway. He's still calling for drilling in ANWR.

He has a long way to go.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.