FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Giants Shadow Resort (Irish Special Today Only) (Page 15)

This topic comprises 33 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  31  32  33   
Author Topic: The Giants Shadow Resort (Irish Special Today Only)
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone. I figured since you were derailing my "bad people" thread I might as well come in and hang out.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome! Welcome to the Bar and Grill! Can I get you something to eat or drink? Full drink menu is on page 1.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

I'd like to try a Flame Freezer -- but please hold the chili powder.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

All righty.

*whips up freezer*

Careful- freezers have been known to cause brain freeze.

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
String
Member # 6435

- posted      Profile for String   Email String         Edit/Delete Post 
*walks in door looking grumpy

I think my Ex is talking to a lawer. Asked me if i'd ever been to jail and if my driving record is good.

Could I get one of those descolada delights?

Posts: 278 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

Heh -- did you remember that from last time I chugged mine down while rushing out of the bar?
Uprooted
Member # 8353

*sips* Mmm, not bad. Thanks, Tinros.

Tante, can I sit by the fire to drink my Freezer?

Tinros
Member # 8328

String, I'd be happy to make you something non-alcoholic. I could make a recolada Reminiscence- slightly less conforming, non-alcoholic version of the descolada delight. I'm underage, so I can't serve alcohol.

Uprooted- yes, I remembered. Heh. It WAS funny, though.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, indeed! I don't own the fire. It is lovely, though. Have a seat on one of the squishy sofas.

Thanks for the milk and veggies, Tinros!

<crunches happily on the celery>

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

String, sorry to hear about your wife.
String
Member # 6435

Indeed, I will have a recolada for now.

Thank you

Posts: 278 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

*pulls an Advent and begins cleaning glasses*

Not a problem, Tante. Can I get anyone anything else?

Tinros
Member # 8328

*mixes Recolada*

*slides drink down the bar to String*

Enjoy, sir.

Uprooted
Member # 8353

*sits on sofa and whispers to Tante*: I was peeking in the window when you lit that fire. Didn't look so hard to me!
String
Member # 6435

*drinks the strange new drink cautiosly

Wow, thats good.

*slams the rest

Any dads in here? I got a girl on the way, when advent gets back we can all have a round on me!

Tinros
Member # 8328

*munches on banana*

Excuse my eating, folks. I need my after-school snack.

String
Member # 6435

Ah yes uprooted, thank you. We were never maried, but were together for about three years before she got all crazy and up in left two weaks before she found out she was pregnant.

I'll have another Recolada, please

Tinros
Member # 8328

*mixes recolada*

I wish I could make you something stronger, sir. All I can offer is a shoulder. Want to talk? We're all ears, here. You'll find that Tante is an incredible listener.

String
Member # 6435

excuse me a moment.

*takes phone call

That was my ex's mom, no lawer, just had some questions about my elegability to see her brother in jail.

so thats good news, im not so grumpy any more [Big Grin]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
*whispers back to Uprooted* I have no idea what you are talking about. And if you DID see something that you ought not to have, then I'll have no choice but to eliminate you or make you my thrall. You didn't really see anything, did you?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

String, sounds like you are still pretty involved in the family. Any chance you and the ex can get back together before the little one arrives?
Uprooted
Member # 8353

*drops glass, catches it before it smashes but not before it spills some Freezer on the floor*

Oh!! excuse me! sorry I was so clumsy. Tinros, can I borrow a towel to clean this up?

Umm, Ms. Shvester, what was that you s-said? N-no, I didn't s-see anything. N-nothing at all.

String
Member # 6435

Sadly, I don't think so. But I do know her family pretty well. We aren't really fighting or anything, just in a ....tense friendship.
Uprooted
Member # 8353

String, just to clarify, are you "in character" or is this a real life situation?
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by String:
she got all crazy and up in left two weaks before she found out she was pregnant.

You know, I'm wondering if those wacky pregnancy hormones were kicking in and making her crazy. Every time that I was pregnant, I kind of fell to pieces very early in the pregnancy. Even before I got the pregnancy test results back. Later on, I found a new equilibrium and calmed down.

Maybe if you reach out to her, and approach really quietly and gently, so as not to scare her off, you can help to calm her down and find her equilibrium again.

Do you want her back? Would you want her back if she stopped being crazy?

String
Member # 6435

HA! In character. Your a real riot Uprooted.

get this man a drink

Na, this is me. Girl on the way, two jobs, and a hardcore addiction to the intenet [Smile] .

How about you uprooted, does this friendly guy exist outside of hatrack?

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by Uprooted:
I didn't s-see anything. N-nothing at all.

<smiles benignly> I didn't think so.
String
Member # 6435

quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:

Maybe if you reach out to her, and approach really quietly and gently, so as not to scare her off, you can help to calm her down and find her equilibrium again.

Do you want her back? Would you want her back if she stopped being crazy? [/QB]

Ah, I don't know. If she asked me to take her back I don't think i could say no, but I've aproached her a few times, and as of right now, everything I do makes it worse, so I'm kind of distancing myself from the situation. Don't get me wrong I'm still around if she needs me, and I've told her that, but as for right now, I'm just seeing what happens.
Uprooted
Member # 8353

Ack-shully, Mr. String, I'm a girl. I REALLY need to do something about this hairstyle.
String
Member # 6435

[Embarrassed]

Exuse me miss, of coarse you are.

*Turns around too actually look at the person he is talking to.

Actually I think your hair looks nice. Brings out your features.

String
Member # 6435

Was it something I said? [Dont Know]

Get this lady a drink on me please.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

<crunches carrots>

String, I am hoping that all turns out right with you and the girl and the uncle in jail and the rest of your anxiety-provoking family.

My son always says that you shouldn't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. 'Cause then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Uprooted
Member # 8353

*lifts head up abruptly, shakes*

Nope, wasn't you. I just fell asleep there for a minute, sorry. Guess it was the warm fire.

I don't think there's anyone here to get us a drink. It's OK, I still have some of mine left. Kinda melted, though.

String
Member # 6435

Actually im talking to her right now. She can still jaw an ear off. Won't give me her shoes tho. go figure.
String
Member # 6435

Now she want's me to come over and put a dresser together. I dont know how to tell her though, I have no Idea how to build a dresser.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

It probably comes with instructions.
Uprooted
Member # 8353

Here's a suggestion:

"I have no idea how to build a dresser."

String
Member # 6435

Admit I don't know how to build/find/fix/change something? .....I don't know about that. I think I'll use the instructions, then if it doesn't work because I read them wrong, I'll just blame them.

But seriously, I think I'll head over there later and help them with that.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Good luck with the reconciliation!
Tinros
Member # 8328

I heard a call for drinks? Sorry, I stepped into the back room for a minute. Or...many minutes. WHatever.

What would you all like?

Uprooted
Member # 8353

Hi Tinros. I've gotta go. No more for me, thanks--see ya later!
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Tinros, why not pour youself something, and fix one of the same for me. I'll buy. Then we can sit for a while and shoot the breeze.

'Kay?

String
Member # 6435

Well peopple, I've got a dresser to put together so I'll see ya'll later. Nice meeting you.

Thanks for the drink Tinros.

*Walks out the door considerably less grumpy then when walking in.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Good luck! And remember these words of wisdom: "Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey".
Tinros
Member # 8328

Hmmm... I think I'll whip us up a couple of "Children of the Mochas." It's like rich hot chocolate, but with a little coffee and a lot of caffeine.

*makes two Children of the Mochas*

*plops down in squishy chair by the fire*

*sips hot drink*

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

This is the life.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

<takes an exploratory sip>
Tinros! You mix the best Children of the Mocha that I've ever had.

So, everybody has a story -- uncles in jail and pregnant girlfriends with unassembled furniture, a virulent case of the CPU flu, and an enthralled snoop.

What is your story?

Tinros
Member # 8328

Mine? Well, I finally got over my ex and actually started liking someone else. And I found out today that the guy I like likes someone else. Ah, high school drama.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Good golly! Your romances are never as simple as "girl meets boy and lives happily ever after", are they?
Tinros
Member # 8328

Nope. I'm a teenager. There's always drama involved. And if there isn't initially, someone will find a way to MAKE drama.
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I get a happy drink? Something severely celebratory and alcoholic? [Smile]

It's a good day.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 33 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  31  32  33   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.