FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I hate EA Games (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I hate EA Games
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
There the most inefficient, stupidest, most inconveniant, sloppyiest, and laziest game making company out there, Sims 2 University (my sister's game) doesn't work on my computer for some random reason and it pretty much ruined the xmas holidays and got me in a fight with my dad and my sister said mean and despicale things to me because it happens to be my computer and because I happened to have put all my movies/games on it thus I "ruined" my computer ITHO.

Also Battlefield 2 won't run sometimes, it'll load past the cinimatic but when it checks for my account it freezes so when i end task and reload the game it doesn't reload unless I boot my computer. Then when I patch the game I need 3 GB of space on ym C drive despite the fact that its installed on my D drive! WTF! I HATE EA!

Then there's INSIDE THE GAME, I fire 2 side winder missiles from my J-10 and it goes right through a Blackhawk helicopter through the otherside and hits A FRIENDLY VEHICAL FULL OF PEEPS and it blows up and I get punished for tking, usually resulting in my banning. WTF, and then there's the fact that sometimes instead of being blue the name above a friendly is red, thus I shoot and get punished for a teamkill, which suxorz.

EA is sloppy and should be eated by a giant sea monster.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
!!!!!eleven11!!!
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
EA Sports. 'nuff said
Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
they should just stick to sports games played by ppl who don't know jack about programming and can't see the avalanche of faulty code, flawed algorithms, and incompatibility issues the length of my arm.
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

and wtf, I try to repartition my drives and apparently there's an extra 20 GB not being used by either drive and I can't merge it! wtf!? Your telling me I bought a 150 GB HD but can only use 130 of it?
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
that's FAT16 for 'ya
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I do like Sims 2 University, but it had so many IRRATATING BUGS that made the game unplayable.
Damn, that pissed me off. They also took forever to release a patch too.
But, what can I do? I do like that game. I just wish they'd put more EFFORT into not having bugs.
I don't have nightlife yet. I'd have to buy a new processor or something.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
*plays violin*
Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

NTSF or whatever the newer thing is, like there's free blocks, 2 blue and one green, the green is "free space" but I can't resize it?
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Normally about 10% of your drive gets taken up during formatting. Deal with it.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, listen. Can you hear that? Its the worlds smallest violin playing for your sorrows.

*rubs thumb and fore finger together*

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne, let me reiterate: go outside. Play with friends, face-to-face.

It will give you some perspective and will help improve your social skills.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
You should listen to Tom. He is often right about these kinds of things.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
EA games gave us the Sims. Glory to EA games!
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

Madden Football.

'nuff said.

Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, the day-star is out there, Tom! Are you crazy!
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Did someone say 'Madden Football'?

BOOM!

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
Dude, the day-star is out there, Tom! Are you crazy!

We hates the day-star. Yes we does, precious!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

also, the sun burns... I have very sensitive skin... and pain, I can get hurt in the "outside"
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
I think what he meant was get out from in front of the computer screen and get a life.

I personally hate EA games too but for a different reason. I care more that my sim family is fed and happy and has a clean house than I do about my own household. That is just sick sick sick. Maybe I should follow Tom's advice. Wait! Did I really just say that?

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Did I forget to mention I live in the middle of nowhere?
smitty
Member # 8855

I've never played the sims. Playing a life simulator seems so.... pointless.

<-- lived in the middle of nowhere most of my life. There's all kinds of cool stuff to do outside.

Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
I had no idea that people hated EA from the end-user perspective, all I knew was that the reports of labor rights violations and just generally crappy working conditions make me never, ever want to work there. [Razz]
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
"Also Battlefield 2 won't run sometimes, it'll load past the cinimatic but when it checks for my account it freezes so when i end task and reload the game it doesn't reload unless I boot my computer. Then when I patch the game I need 3 GB of space on ym C drive despite the fact that its installed on my D drive! WTF! I HATE EA!"

BF2 works perfectly for me. Granted, it takes 5-10 minutes to log into my account to play online, which is annoying as all heck, but thats what munchies are for! Tony's Frozen Buffalo Chicken Strips- 5 minutes to cook in a microwave, 5 minutes to eat. Mmmm.

Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

Also, Blayne, have you updated to the newest patch?
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

.... I hate you. I can't update to 1.2 unless i have 3 GB of free space on my C:Drive, I only have 2.4 and the remaining 600 mb isn't availiable, I can't delete anything that isnt already important. I'm trying to fix this by rezising my partitians but its not working it won't resize dispite there being an extra 20 GB free according to partition manager.

And I also speak a different language then the remaining 99% of my neighbours and I don't like driking or partying. In fact lacking a car or drivers liscense the only thing I can do is stay home.

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

You could take up heroin. You can do that at home.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
also, the sun burns... I have very sensitive skin... and pain, I can get hurt in the "outside"

It's winter. You'll probably be okay.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Come to think of it, heroin addiction would get you outside more often. A lot more often. It would also help you meet new people and make new, exciting friends.
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Plus, you'd stop obsessing about computer games. Who wants to play stilly computer games when there's delicious heroin to be sought?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

... I'm poor.
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

I'm kidding, of course. Don't do drugs, kids.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

But . . . but . . . you just told me to do drugs, and now you're telling me not to! I don't know what to believe anymore.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JLM
Member # 7800

- posted      Profile for JLM           Edit/Delete Post 
OK, gamers. You got to admit EA Games does put out alot of crap. They excell at graphics but are marginal with the rest. Almost all the EA games I purchased have been highly buggy with terrible gameplay.
Posts: 157 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

quote:

But . . . but . . . you just told me to do drugs, and now you're telling me not to! I don't know what to believe anymore.

You can always believe in the power of cheese.

*salutes cheese

Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

Disagree. Battlefield 2's gameplay is enjoyable. I won't go so far to say "OMG! BEST GAME EVER!" but it's fun and I can play it for hours on end. Like I said before, there are some aspects of waiting a 5-10 minutes to load stuff, but after that, it's all good.
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can't update to 1.2 unless i have 3 GB of free space on my C:Drive, I only have 2.4 and the remaining 600 mb isn't availiable
Check to see how much virtual memory is being used on your C: drive. Turning it off (restting it to 0) before your upgrade may free up enough room. Otherwise, move some folders to your D: drive, run the patch, then move them back...
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
Originally posted by Storm Saxon:
quote:

You can always believe in the power of cheese.

*salutes cheese

Nice try, Stormy. You've cried wolf just a few too many times. I'm not falling for it again.
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, Storm, that cheese wasn't very impressive.

This totalitarian cheese is much better.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
It's a nice day outside. I am going to ride my bike for a while. This seems like a better option than whining about computer games. Sunlight and exercise are wonderful friends.

--ApostleRadio

This isn't aimed at you guys. Only Blayne. He seems quite reluctant to view the world oustide his computer screen, as it may have things in it he considers scary.

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Blayne, it's no wonder you're depressed when you look at the wrong letters! Never mind EA. We have just had the wonderful news that there will be an EU 3! Move a bit up the alphabet, and you'll feel much better.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

*down* U is DOWN the alphabet silly.

but ya EU3? Intersting, I must get a job right away then and buy it.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We hates the day-star. Yes we does, precious!
[Cool]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Battlefield 2, but I'm betting that Battlefield 2142 will be better [Smile]
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

NOOOOOOO! Not unless they hire you as overal director [Cool]
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne,
Did you ever get your system patched?

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I live in the middle of nowhere.

My neighbors speak a different language (or are over 90).

I have what I consider to be a decent social life. It just takes more effort.

But then, I have one seriously crappy computer, so sitting around gaming all day isn't really an option. Betya 10 bucks I'm poorer than you Blayne.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I have NEGATIVE 38 cents in my bank account [Cool]

Not only do they speak a different language but are also 3 times my age.

The only other english speaking family (who are friends) live 40 minutes away by bike and I'm not going to bike cuz A) I'n not allowed to bike in the only way I feel safe and B) I can't listen to my Ipod imitation while biking.

(I bike towards traffic so i can see cars coming)

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I'm trying to patch it but for some reason it won't resize the parition, there's 20 extra GB but it won't resize it.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, you got me beat on the money issue [Razz]

But my nearest friends are 30 minutes by car, and thats not driving slow either.

And though there are a few English speaking people who I might could consider neighbors, they are bordering on 5 times my age. So I gotya beat there too.

And thought does occur to me, if I invested in a gaming system, I would most likely be poorer than you. So HA.

And yet even though I have all this against me, I still bear no ill will towards EA games.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.