FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » PSA for Guys

Author Topic: PSA for Guys
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Telling a girl that you think she's very smart, and then informing her that she would find that compliment even more meaningful if she knew your general opinions on the intelligence of females is a good way to not get a date. [Mad]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Dang. I was wondering what I was doing wrong.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Being upfront and honest is rarely a good way to get a date.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
On a different note, what does PSA mean?
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Public Service Announcement.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Public Service Announcement
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
And here I thought this was going to be a thread reminding guys to get their psa levels checked for prostrate cancer. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:

I rather think that being chauvinistic is rarely a good way to get a date.

Before that, he kept on going on about how nerdy he was, and I was good with that, since I'm nerdy too. He said he wasn't big on Buffy, which I adore, and I'm fine with that.

None of it was going to do him any good, since I have a very serious boyfriend, but at least it wasn't offensive.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
How cool though, blacwolve, that he displays his misogyny so prominently right from the start. I'm sure it saves women who might otherwise have gotten involved with him a lot of wasted time and bother.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
I rather think that being chauvinistic is rarely a good way to get a date.
The problem (from a first-date perspective) wasn't that he is chauvinistic -- it's that he let you see it.

I also think that practically everybody has something that they shouldn't be completely up-front about if they are trying to get a first date.

Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
I totally thought this would be about prostates.

If guys see the thread and think it is about prostates, will they be less likely or more likely to look at the thread, I wonder?

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I imagine if they know what PSA is, in regards to prostate, they'll check in to see what the news is. I certainly didn't, though. I checked in to find out what the heck "PSA" was. Now I'm doubly enlightened.

I do think it's interesting that two people did check in, thinking about men's health, and they were both women. Go figure. [Smile]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe I pulled an Andy Sipowitz and said prostrate instead of prostate. [Embarrassed]

My dad had prostate cancer. His levels are all under 1 last I heard.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was about PSA Airlines.
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
We used to play a great PSA for prostate cancer at the radio station that involved the sounds of people being run over by cars. It was my second favorite PSA, after the Join the Coast Guard Rap.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
I assumed PSA stood for public service announcement, although my job title for three years was PSA (program staff assistant). Considering that job, it's kind of amazing I even opened this thread...
Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's probably not the best thing to tell a girl. When you assume that women in general are not smart, that doesn't bode well. [Razz]
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you noticed how many females are in this thread? And I assumed it was about prostates, too...

There must be something wrong with us. [Razz]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 

I'd say that if you're a jerk, being honest and upfront is rarely a good way to get a date. If you're honestly blown away by someone's looks, style, intelligence, and personality, I wouldn't think that mentioning that would be a problem.

Gotta be better than "come around here often?"

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.