FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The things people say. :laughs:

Author Topic: The things people say. :laughs:
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeb's looking to get his voucher plan reinstated by consitutional ammendment. Democrat story And I know that's all very important stuff and all, but I got the biggest kick out of one of the quotes in the article. I'm as pro-life as the next conservative Christian, but this just tickled my funny bone.

quote:

"We view our fundamental right of choice to be the pre-eminent civil-rights issue in our country," said Bishop Harold Ray, founder of the Redemptive Life Fellowship and redemptive Life Academy in West Palm Beach, who presided at a 45-minute rally in the Capitol plaza.

No you don't. You're anti-pro-choice. You're ok with some choices but not all of them.

Now, if he meant pre-eminent as in the single most talked about thing going, sure. I'll give him that. But it made me laugh none the less.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No you don't. You're anti-pro-choice. You're ok with some choices but not all of them.
As long as that logic is applied to terminology in the abortion debate, that's fine. However, if it's OK for pro-legalization-of-abortion groups to use that term solely to support one choice and specifically campaign against other choices, then it's OK for the Bishop to do it here.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
It can be argued that abortion is a civil-rights issue, as long as you can see where the pro-lifers are coming from. And as a pro-choicer, I don't really see what's so funny.

Now if you had said that the names of his organizations were silly, I would have to agree.

Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.