FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So after two years of work, it's finally done!

Author Topic: So after two years of work, it's finally done!
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
As some of you may know, one of my hobbies is video game modding. I have spent the last two years leading and working with a few other guys on a modification for the game Max Payne 2. It wasn't just any old thing though, my idea was to radically change the game was played and provide people with what basically equates to two games for the price of one.

Well, after two years of hard work the time finally came for us to release this puppy and I couldn't be happier with the results. I have my inbox full of emails from fans raving about how fun it is and how much they appreciate the work we've done. I have people from Germany telling me about magazines I have never even talked to who are writing articles about our work for their next issue, I have French, Australian, American, British and German publications asking us for interviews and information. This is truly amazing for me, I never once expected to get this level of attention when I started working on this, I got into it because I loved doing it and I felt it would nice to give something back to a community that has given me so much entertainment.

So needless to say, I'm psyched about it all and I am incredibly surprised by the amount of positive feedback we're getting on it so I thought I'd share the happiness with all of my fellow Jatraqueros! Credit for the idea goes to Amanecer, she's the one who told me I should post this here, thanks a lot! [Smile]

Anyways after that long rant I'm sure some of you guys are interested in finding just what it is that I'm talking about so I'll quote a post from one of our other forums with all the info:

quote:
Rico said:
Hey there everyone,

Some of you may know I have been working on several modifications for a while. After about two years of work, we have finally gotten to the point where we feel like our work was ready for the public. With all that said here it is:

Hall of Mirrors - A Max Payne 2 Equilibrium TC

I am currently in the process of updating our webpage with the release announcement so you'll find the mirrors on the link above. If you've never heard of the mod go ahead and check out our Mod Database Profile for screenshots and information. The mod has been featured in PCGamer and many gaming websites, we have also received Moddb's Editor Choice award for Best Unreleased mod of 2005 (heh).

Our Official Webpage

Our Official forums

I hope you all enjoy the fruits of our labor and you have as much fun playing this as we had making it!

And if there are any gamers here who own Max Payne 2, I'd really be interested in finding out what you think of it!
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! Even though I don't know the game it sounds like you've made great changes! [Smile] I'm glad you're getting so much positive feedback and recognition, you deserve it.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the first Max Payne, and I wish I had the second so I could try out your mod. Either way, that's awesome that you did it. Very impressive.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! I know this has been a lot of work for you and I'm so glad that you're happy with it!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it [Smile]
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Good on you for seeing it through to the end! [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.