FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Are MY parents insane?

Author Topic: Are MY parents insane?
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
FIRST they welcome my chosen mate into their family, even though they don't much like him.

THEN they "loan" us money whenever we are running low and inform me when I try to make payments to just not worry about it, as well as pretty much get 98% of my son's clothing and toys and 50% of his school supplies.

They continue trying to include my other in the family even though he'd rejected them for no conceivable reason, and never do they pressure or criticize me about my relationship with him.

THEN when he leaves me, they welcome me and my son into their home and take care of us, giving us time to heal and get our lives together again.

Tonight they even took me out to dinner.

I guess they're not insane, but they are my favorite people in the world (right after my son), and I am so lucky to have them.

Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
*whew* I kept waiting for the big BUT. Glad there's no but. It's good to have good parents!
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I kept waiting for the big BUT as well. I'm happy for you that there isn't one.

And to answer your thread title - yep, mine definitely are. And not in a good way. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, they're crazy all right. Crazy with love for you.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Reminds me very much of how my parents acted throughout my relationship with my ex. You and I are both very, very lucky [Smile]
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad that they have been so supportive through your hard times. Shows they understand what family is for and they will be a good example for your son.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Supportive parents are an incomparable blessing. It's wonderful that you appreciate yours! [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
This made me want to sniffle a little bit. I had just read your divorce post and I was worried about you.

I am so so glad you have supportive parents. They are lucky to have you, too, you know.

I miss my mommy. I think I will call her today. [Smile] Thanks for reminding me.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... good on your parents for being so supportive. That's unconditional love, and it's wonderful. *bounces a little just knowing that such love exists in the world*
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Note to self: Be like Mimsie's parents. They sound perfect.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. Can your parents adopt me?
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and mims, please remember to tell them how wonderful they are to be so crazy. [Wink] You (as a parent) know how much it means to be thanked by your child.

(((mimsies and her son and her parents)))

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
That cheered me up to read. All kids deserve such loving, wonderful parents.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow - I love hearing about parents who stand by their kids when those kids need them.

Tell them from all of us hatrackers - we think they're wonderful, for the things they do and for their raising up of such a great daughter.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
They love you well. How wonderful for you and your kids. [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
I do tell them daily how wonderful they are. I'll tell them that everyone agrees!
Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Your parents sound amazing. Want to trade?

Actually, I have pretty good parents too. So I'm content.

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoriSCapnSkip
Member # 9153

- posted      Profile for CoriSCapnSkip   Email CoriSCapnSkip         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, it sounds like you lucked out on parents!
Posts: 91 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, my family is the greatest gift I have. Hands down. I hope I'm as good a parent as mine were.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.