FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » ahh, i just need to vent

Author Topic: ahh, i just need to vent
socal_chic
Member # 7803

- posted      Profile for socal_chic   Email socal_chic         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, but I just need to let this out because I'm so frustrated. Last year I was a passenger in a car accident and got hurt and had to go to physical therapy. I was still going until recently when the insurance company said they wont pay any more. So, that was already on my mind when today I was in another car accident (again the passenger). The driver (of the car I was in) got out, came back, said the car looked fine and drove away. Now I have no information about the at fault driver (we were rear ended)and my neck hurts even more. I guess we all have days like these but I just want to cry and I dont know if the license plate that I copied off the driver's car will do me any good...

[ February 28, 2006, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: socal_chic ]

Posts: 137 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
It should, as long as the car is still registered.....did you file a police report?
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
socal_chic
Member # 7803

- posted      Profile for socal_chic   Email socal_chic         Edit/Delete Post 
No, no reports were filed. Is that something that had to be done 'on the scene' or can it still be done?
Posts: 137 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Infrared
Member # 9196

- posted      Profile for Infrared   Email Infrared         Edit/Delete Post 
I would assume you might have a bit more trouble with no report filed right away, unless there are witnesses not directly involved or you had a picture of the offending car. However, I think you should still try filing one now... Even if for no other reason than to find out what to do in this type of situation, should you find yourself in one again (hopefully not!!). Good luck!
Posts: 37 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
socal_chic
Member # 7803

Okay, I guess this may sound like a dumb question, but I don't even know how to file a police report. Could someone offer help on that?
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
*feels sorry for socal*

I would hug you or pat you on the back, but I'm afraid I might cause you more pain if I did that.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
socal_chic
Member # 7803

It's the thought that counts...thanks Advent [Smile]
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by socal_chic:
Okay, I guess this may sound like a dumb question, but I don't even know how to file a police report. Could someone offer help on that?

call the police and tell them what happend
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by socal_chic:
Now I have no information about the at fault driver (we were rear ended)and my neck hurts even more. I guess we all have days like these but I just want to cry and I dont know if the license plate that I copied off the driver's car will do me any good...

Whose license plate did you write down? The car you were in, or the other car? You could file an insurance claim or have a cause of action against either, depending on the law in California.

But a police report is probably the first step, and should be done ASAP.

Good luck with your injuries!

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.