FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Because I know some other people are looking forward to Spore

Author Topic: Because I know some other people are looking forward to Spore
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a 35 minute gameplay introduction video for Spore.

Linky

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
I love the Star Trek music when they fight! [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what current builds look like. There should be a lot of news at this year's GDC.

Also, you guys might want to check out the Gaming Steve podcast, which usually has some information about this game.

I know that at least some people here know about this, since I found out about it from hatrack, but I thought that it would be a good idea to mention it again anyways.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, Spore is one of the big reasons I regret turning down a chance to go to GDC this year. I so hope it lives up to everything that Wright was talking about at last year's demo.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the idea of asynchronous content download.

Edit for the szhpelling Nazi. [Smile]

[ March 03, 2006, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Scott R ]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you're missing an "r" there Scott. [Wink]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
This video made me crap my pants with joy. Boris, since this is your fault, you'll have to pick up the cleaning bill.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
My boys and I watched that video TWICE yesterday. We realized you could spend the rest of your entire earthly life playing that game and maybe not get to the "little doctor" UFO tool level. [Smile]

But the guy voicing the explanation on the video is so hilarious. (Yes, I used to watch Wild Kingdom too!)

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
My mother thought that was amazing (she happened to be over when I was showing it to my younger brother).

I'm also glad that somebody else thought "That sounds like ST:TOS music!"

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Genesis device. Hehe.

I sure hope my computer can run this game, because it looks like the video game to end all video games.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
I know! I am going to kill for that game!
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

quote:
I sure hope my computer can run this game, because it looks like the video game to end all video games.
Seariously. I can think of very few games I'd be willing to upgrade my computer specifically for, but this one, I will.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
wow before I wasnt sure about it but now it blew my mind.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

I just realized that the evolution portion of Spore (or how it looks anyway) really reminds me of an old Super Nintendo game called E.V.O. The Search for Eden. Same premise, basically. Run around (or swim, or fly) eat other animals, grow stronger, and evolve. It was one of the best SNES games I ever played. Anyone else remember it?
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reticulum:
I know! I am going to kill for that game!

Kill who? I'd rather it not be me.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
No, no, not you Ric. I would only kill those I don't know, and those, I... rather don't like.
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.