FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Dad just got published in Science: Global Warming

Author Topic: My Dad just got published in Science: Global Warming
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm making a minor rule infraction to let Hatrack know that my Dad just published an article in the journal Science about ice melt in Antarctica, since I think Hatrack would find this interesting and I'm very proud of my Dad who has been talking at the dinner table about his GRACE satellite for years and years (plus he just won the AGU biannual award, so now I'm really proud of him [Smile] ).

A summary of the article I found really fast. I can't seem to get the original, Science requires a subscription and the article came out after my parents sent me the letter telling me.

<--*Returns to, you know, missionary work* [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
HOOOOOBBES!

::tackle hugs::

::suddenly remembers mission rules::

::stands aside awkwardly::

Congrats!

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa. Freaky to see you as a thread starter. Of course, you probably won't see this. Guess I'll just go read the link. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome!

I hope things are going well for you.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, congrats to your dad!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
<piles on top for a group tackle-hug>

I mean, er, Elder Hobbes! How great to see you here again!

<stands up and shakes hands formally, brushing grass out of hair>

Congrats to Hobbes' father!

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.