FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Speaking of Reintegration . . . or dis-integration *grin*

Author Topic: Speaking of Reintegration . . . or dis-integration *grin*
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
how do you know when it's time for a break from Hatrack, and what extraordinary measures do you take in order to give yourself that break? standard length of break?

I know there are many of you "old-timers" around (grin) that take breaks . . .

Or maybe you just lurk?

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I am hyper-posting lately. I think part of it is that I am holding a newborn a *whole* lot, and I might as well browse while at it (even if I have to type one-handed a lot.)

I have taken breaks, sometimes to force myself to cut down on the "addiction" aspect, sometimes because I have lost the desire or interest. If I am "lurking only" it often means I'm burned out or disinterested.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
I know I'm not an "old-timer" but for me, it really depends on what's going on. Usually I'm distracted by some other addiction, like Myspace, or a new video game. Sometimes I just read the threads with the intention of posting my opinion, only to find that most of what I originally thought about writing has already been written, so I lurk by default of not having anything productive to say.
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Sam, me too.

Exactly like that, in fact.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I tend to fade in and out. I never conciously say "I'm going to go on Hatrack less." I just lose interest and post less.

[Smile]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not even sure why I come back as frequently as I do. Probably because I do Hatrack while working on my math homework. (I friggin hate Mathematics).

And anyways, there are some interesting people on Hatrack.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Shan, I announced some time ago that I'd take a break from Hatrack, then went on to lurk, came back, posted a couple of times thinking "hey, I'm back", and then took the real break until now. It's not when you say it, it's when you really feel it. [Smile]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Corwin, you've been missed. [Kiss] Welcome back.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.