FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Trip to Israel

Author Topic: Trip to Israel
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
My school is taking my entire grade to Israel for 2 weeks this Sunday.
This is the first time they're taking an entire grade to Israel

Were going to spend Purim their and we going to have friday night service at the Kotel

Their planning to have us stay in a Beduwin (sp) tent for one night.

Only problem is their giving us the strictest dresscode for the trip that we can't where sport shorts or any shirts with pictures.

I CAN'T WAIT

(Sorry if this is rambling i just needed to vent all the excitment from within me)

[ March 08, 2006, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Geekazoid99 ]

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
That's so exciting!!

I wish I was still there this year so I could meet up with you! But I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time! And make sure to show us lots of pictures! [Smile]

(Btw, it's Bedouin...)

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you going to be with a tour? What grade are you in? When I was in 8th grade my school took us on a trip to Israel for two weeks also, and we also stayed in a Bedouin camp for a night. Our tour/school that we were with in Israel was called Alexander Muss. Do you know if you're going to that one too?
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhh! *trying to not be jealous* I have wanted to go to Isreal for as long as I can remember! Have a great trip and be sure to report back with lots of details.
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
Will do
Yes i am in 8th grade were going with the Ramah program

I'll be sure to take the pictures

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! I went on the birthright trip last May and had a wonderful time, did the Bedouin camp too. Friday night at the Kotel was probably the most amazing experience during my trip there. You will have a blast!
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Last time I was in Israel, I was about two and a half! But even so, I still remember a surprising amount about it... I thought it was wonderful.

Have a great trip. [Smile]

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiriusSky
Member # 9216

- posted      Profile for SiriusSky   Email SiriusSky         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so jealous. Have a blast!
Posts: 83 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender12
Member # 8873

- posted      Profile for Ender12   Email Ender12         Edit/Delete Post 
Man! I wish when I was in 8th grade, any grade for that matter, I could have taken a class trip out of the country.
Posts: 65 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*jealous!*

Have a wonderful time!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

Thank you for your comment
and i smile at your jealousness

Now that i finished my Hell week before the trip
(They decided to give us all the work this week so i had my science fair on tuesday, Our play which i was one of the charecters on Wenesday and Thursday)
I have time to be excited. This will be my first time in Israel since nearly 6 years ago

Once again thanks for your comments and i'll tell you all about it when i get back

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.