FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » UPS should be impaled alive.

Author Topic: UPS should be impaled alive.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
They left my violin out in the patio, according to the tracking information. I actually have never received it. Why, WHY IN GOD'S NAME DIDN'T THEY LEAVE IT AT THE OFFICE LIKE THE OTHERS DO????!!!!! FedEx AND THE USPS ALWAYS DO THAT!!!!!!!! I bought shipping insurance, so I hope that covers it because I am very very very frustrated, pissed off, and angry. They didn't even get a signature, they just ABANDONED my package in the patio.
So, with no signature and without leaving it at the office, AND NO STICKY SLIP that they put on your door, they consider the item to be "delivered."

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
That seems really strange. I am constantly getting UPS packages while planning my wedding. It is rarely a day I am not left with a sticky on my door to go pick it up. They have never left anything at the door even though often times I would really appreciate that instead of having to go pick it up. Did you have it specified if you need a signature of signer or a signature on delivery? If so, I would think that you have an even better position to stand on. If you have insurance, it sounds like you will be ok regardless. It still sucks though. Good luck getting it sorted out.
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure about signatures, I just emailed them about it telling them how mad I am. Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it. I'm so angry I would jump the UPS man if I saw him right now.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't we recently have someone else t'eed off at UPS for the opposite reason (they wouldn't leave it at the door or office)? Go law of averages I guess.

Situations like this suck for the recipient, so note to senders: When you fill out a shipping form, ASK the person you're sending it to what option they would like. Excessively large corporations are not exempt from this simply courtesy. And recipients who have this happen, try to remember not to shoot the messanger (unless they actually broke the message. Then it's okay.)

Hopefully the box will turn up sooner or later, or at least I hope the insurance will work out and pay up.

EDITed to Add: Or lost the message. That's a firing squad offense as well.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually had a problem with DHL because they left my package at the office of my apartment complex without notifying me in any way, shape, or form. (Edit: I actually seriously doubt they even tried to deliver it to my door, the office people mentioned that DHL often just drops off all their packages at the office and doesn't even attempt to make individual deliveries).

UPS always leaves a sticky when they drop your package off at the office here.

I think policies on such things probably vary considerably region by region for each of the companies.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
For me, my house is on a route that's served by the same UPS driver every day. The first time they left me a sticky. I wrote on the sticky to please leave all packages at the door.

They have ever since.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
We have the same guy every day too. He knows where I work and where I live. If he can't find me he comes looking. Never a problem with UPS. Now those yellow truck hippies, that's another story.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Death to UPS! I say we contract the profesional killers (aka United States Postal Service) [Evil Laugh]

And if they won't do it, we contract Boba Fett to kill them! [Evil Laugh]

Viva la Revolution! *raises fist high into the air* [The Wave]

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
Fiddle-sticks! Then shlepp it yourself or get the directionally deficent dork with three earrings and a yellow truck to do it for you. Brown Trucks rule!!!
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Viva la Blue and White trucks! *raises fist high into air* [The Wave]
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a similar problem with FedEx leaving an expensive piece of computer hardware on my doorstep after ringing the doorbell (without waiting to see if anyone was actually home.) Good thing I live in a pretty low-crime area.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
On average my dad or I recieve at least one package a week (my mom doesn't get packages as often). We have the most problems with FedEx who take longer, they don't knock, just leave things on the porch, they don't bring dog treats, they wouldn't take my old cell phone when the new one came (I was supposed to switch them in the box and hand it back to the driver). UPS is never a problem, they have my home number on file and the driver calls if he's doing anything. USPS isn't really bad but our driver has a little car and only comes up our drive way in gorgeous weather, if it's bad he takes the box back to the post office (three days later).
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Alt, are you sure that it was UPS to blame? How thrilled WERE your roommates at the prospect of you fiddling around with that cheap violin? Perhaps THEY did it in, when you weren't around.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Altįriėl of Dorthonion, How good is this violin? Some of my friends have had violins that were worth more than their homes. I can only imagine the horror of having UPS leave something that valuable sitting on the front porch.

Was it damaged at all?

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I finally got it. I am still a little peeved that they left it outside but everything resolved to my satisfaction. The violin doesn't seem as cheap as I thought it was. I'm only having trouble tuning it because it is a brand new instrument. When I opened it, the violin's bridge was down but I put it back up in no time. Nelly is fiddling with the fiddle as we speak.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you going to play us some square dancing music?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

Make sure the sound peg is still in place before you go tightening the strings!
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

The sound peg is there but the bridge was crap. It split in two and it wasn't simmertrical to begin with. I'll just buy another bridge and I'll have my high school music teacher help me fix it next time I see him.
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck. I played the violin in 6th/7th grade.
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Violin bridges are easy to break, it takes talent to break a cello bridge. Does it have fine tuners? Are they silver or black?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Also be sure to resin up that bow REAL good every time you play for the first 2 days or so.
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
DHL routinely does dump-n-runs at my office. Only once have they ever hung around to ask for a signature, and that was because I'd had a conversation previously with the client that was sending us packages via DHL to warn him that the driver wasn't getting signatures and that we had no idea how long his package was sitting outside our suite.

I don't have any at-home experience with either FedEx or UPS, but I've been happy with both through work.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
What if you WANT a dump and run?
Like when it's for my hay and Bernie is down to his last blade of hay and NEEDS it but they DON'T leave it at my door like i told them too.
Who wants to steal hay?

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! That's mine!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate USPS far more than FedEx or UPS.

USPS takes weeks and weeks to deliver mail here.

They lost all but two of my bills from the beginning of January until now. They also lost my Victoria's Secret credit card.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.