FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Paging fashion police!

Author Topic: Paging fashion police!
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
This shoe vs. this shoe.

The regular leather is the more versatile one, right? But what can one wear with the patent leather one?

I'm talking skirts, definitely. I have enough trouble getting pants that are long enough without 4" heels.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
With the wood sole and heel I would go with the regular leather. But if it had a black bottom the patent leather would really dress up a glittery or interesting black dress or skirt.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
It certainly depends on the length and type fabric of the skirt. If it is fancy, the patent one is cool but I certainly like either pair. I agree with breyer about the wood sole making it more casual. Those are some pretty high heels either way.
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Those are gorgeous. Where do you get them? *eyeing them lustfully*

I would get the dark leather. I don't like how patent leather scuffs.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I like them both. Sophisticated but not too showy. Patent leather for a dressier look and regular leather for a more demure look. I think both would be appropriate for many of the same situations, but the patent leather seems to say "look at me" more. The regular leather says, "since you're looking, check out my style!".
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

They're Steve Madden...the name of the shoe is Lalo.

I saw them when I went to visit one of my friends at work. [Smile] I think I'm going to ask for a pair for my birthday.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for Kristen   Email Kristen         Edit/Delete Post 
How often do you wear different pairs of shoes? If you are like me and don't own a lot, I would go with the leather because it's more casual and the wood in the bottom prevent from being truly formal so it would be a consistent skirt choice.

If not, then have fun with the patent because you obviously have other pairs which can be worn with skirts and the patent is more unique.

Wow, those are some heels! The highest I own is 2 inches.

Posts: 484 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
The first one, definitely. I am not a fan of patent leather (except for baby shoes) and it does not hold up well.

Love the shoes, btw. I am really enjoying wearing heels again.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
I LOVE Steve Madden shoes... I have several pairs (the ones I'm wearing today are white leather "thong" style sandals with a wooden sole). They wear well and are far more comfortable than you'd think based on their appearance.
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for Kristen   Email Kristen         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve Madden makes great boots.
Posts: 484 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Shoes I have right now:

Black Saucony sneakers
Black and white Chucks
Businessy closed-toed, closed-heeled shoes (with a high heel, but it's a thick heel and still looks businessy)
More formal black heels that go with my little black dress, which is really the only time I wear them
Sort of mostly wood-colored sandaly-type heels with a 2.5" heel

I don't own many shoes. And also, all of my heels are thicker heels, and I really wanted to get a pair with smaller heels like these new shoes.

If patent leather doesn't hold up well, and ESPECIALLY if it scuffs, then it sounds like I should go for the regular leather ones. I can be hard on my shoes.

-pH

Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
*shakes head* (mumbles something about the old stereotype about women and shoes)

[ROFL] Only kidding.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They're Steve Madden...the name of the shoe is Lalo.
*giggle*

And I like them both, so I'm not much help [Smile]

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.