FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Heroic Rush Limbaugh

Author Topic: The Heroic Rush Limbaugh
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
No, the title of this thread is not meant to be ironic or sarcastic. "But Troy," you say, "You're the last person I'd ever expect to call Rush Limbaugh *heroic*! What's going on here?"

Weeeeeeeelllllll -- it's like this.

There's a video on Youtube called "A Bully Gets Bullied" which purports to show Mr. Limbaugh melting down in the face of opposition.

Always on the hunt for a good laugh at Limbaugh's expense, I watched it --

Only to find that it isn't that at all.

Have a look, and then if anybody wants to talk about it, we can, via the magic of the internet.

Woot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNK4byQkn7w&search=rush%20limbaugh

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't impressed with the rabid woman who was first, that's for sure.

I severly dislike RL, but I think I would dislike those other people even more IRL.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. He came out of that smelling like roses.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
Does he frequently have that many nutty people in his show...or was this some special organized group of people showing up to cause problems?

I can't imagine doing a show like that every week with such a hostile audiance

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marlozhan
Member # 2422

- posted      Profile for Marlozhan   Email Marlozhan         Edit/Delete Post 
Just read a handful of the thousands of emails he receives every day, and you'll find that audience was not extreme in relation to what he gets on a daily basis.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to watch his show while studying biochemistry. He's fun to watch. I don't recall seeing an audience respond anything like that. The audience always seemed like a rather dull bunch, actually. Wasn't that tape made back in 1990?
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
It appeared as though that was a TV special back in the days before he had a regular TV show.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
He was guest-hosting the Pat Sajak show.

Seriously.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
(mumbles about how Al Franken is still right about Rush)
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.