FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New column: 20 scandal-free years: beat that, Angelina

Author Topic: New column: 20 scandal-free years: beat that, Angelina
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
20 scandal-free years: beat that, Angelina

Twenty years ago today I married my wife, Teresa. Looking back over all these years, I have to say that, generally speaking, it was a good move.

On my part, anyway. She may have different ideas on the matter.

But, as a regular consumer of popular entertainment and the more colorful types of newspapers, I have come to realize how remarkably lucky I have been and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank her for being such a unique, wonderful person.

She has never once, to my knowledge, starred in a sex tape with an aging rock star, a b-list actor, or a Czechoslovakian gymnast. I don't think she even knows who Paris Hilton is.

More...

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't think she even knows who Paris Hilton is.
Dear god you are a lucky man.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. How cute! Congrats on the anniversary, you two!
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party]

That was awesome.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, happy annniversary. I loved the last line. [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
She has no plans to get on the 2008 presidential ticket, at this time.
The "at this time" addition was classic!

But you left out how she makes great Firefly/Serenity Barbies! (OK, so she probably makes other kinds of Barbies too but that's all I've seen links to.)

Happy Anniversary.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
She shares my opinions on child-raising, i.e. hide upstairs until they're old enough to move out, and then change their rooms into stylish workout centers and entertainment complexes.
My sentiments exactly.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
As it happens our views on yardwork also match our views on housework.

BTW, we don't have any earth-shakingly romantic plans for this week -- although today is our 20th wedding anniversary and Friday is our 25th year together -- because we were going to get away to a luxury hotel for the weekend and just enjoy the room service and amenities, but then a) she had cervical laser surgery and isn't feeling especially romantic yet, and b) both of us got laid up with bronchitis a week ago and there's nothing like uncontrollable coughing fits to buzzkill the mood. [Smile]

Fortunately we're patient folk. I did get Scott and Erica to announce our anniversary on the Orlando radio station that Teres listens to in the mornings, MIX 105.1. The look on her face was priceless...

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, congrats!
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, that was wonderful. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Happy 20th, Chris. Here's to many more.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
how sweet
happy anniversary

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Chris and Teresa! Happy 20th Anniversary!
"She has never been abducted by aliens..." that is so very funny!

Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
At the end of each sentence, I found myself mentally inserting "...to the best of my knowledge."
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Me, too.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Me three. [Big Grin]

Great article, particularily the last line....I always say something similar about my Jenni and me. [Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
*sniff*

That made me cry. A little. And laugh. A bit more than the crying.

That was very romantic, Chris. [Smile]

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Anniversary! [Smile]

I love Wednesdays...

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Anniversary!

Another great one. I really look forward to your columns each week!

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool] [Hat] Congratulations on 20 years.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
*toast* Here's to twenty more happy years!
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oolung
Member # 8995

- posted      Profile for oolung   Email oolung         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!
I hope someday I'll be able to say the same about my marriage [Smile]

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats for putting up with him for this long, Teresa!!! [Razz]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

If anyone's interested in hearing my voice -- shudder -- I was playing with our new recording stuff and recorded this week's column, pretty much for the heck of it. Here's the link.
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Chris and Teresa! Happy Anniversary and Congratulations.
Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Happy Anniversary!

That is lovely, Chris.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic!

Happy anniversary!

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
What a wonderful column! I'm a little jealous [Evil]
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
She has what I need and wants what I have and I can't think of a better basis for a marriage, as long as neither of us charge for it.
Awesome.

Happy Anniversary!

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.