FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A New Album, Huh?

Author Topic: A New Album, Huh?
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Rob Zombie is releasing another solo album. I don't know how to feel. I mean, I do like a lot of the man's work. But I just don't know.

This means I wasted my money on the greatest hits collection. Because if he is still going at it, he will undoubtedly have another couple of hits at least. Ah well, I bought it ten bucks when another copy of the CD was listed as being twenty-two dollars.

Anyone else surprised by this news?

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peek
Member # 7688

- posted      Profile for Peek   Email Peek         Edit/Delete Post 
i am suprised. i wasn't expecting another album, just a lot more movies. i thought he'd kind of left the music scene. but, im not disappointed at all because now i get to see him at the rave on april 11!

EEEE!

and um...

Dude [Cool] peekaboo

Yeah.

Posts: 112 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

He'd seemed pretty stationary for awhile. Just kind of hanging out and working on a movie here and there.

He was on VH1 I love the (insert decade) a couple of times. But aside from that, he'd been pretty quiet.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not super into Rob Zombie but you know who else is coming out with a new album?

The Flaming Lips!

Man I love these guys. It's been too long, lips.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I kind of like Rob Zombie...

In a sort of...shallow, catchy way.

Yes, Rob Zombie is "catchy."

And I liked that one song with all the Clockwork Orange references, the "Red Red Kroovy."

Yeeeeah my Durango, number '95...something something...

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I've never heard of them. What kind of music do they play?

Edit:

That is a good song. I think the not subtitle title is "Never Gonna Stop."

Chungwa
Member # 6421

- posted      Profile for Chungwa   Email Chungwa         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay. I've been waiting to hear about the new Flaming Lips album - I've just forgot to check on the release date.

I think I'll fall alseep listening to them tonight.

Posts: 367 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still waiting for Christmas on Mars to come out. Those dudes have been working on it for like eighty years.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peek
Member # 7688

- posted      Profile for Peek   Email Peek         Edit/Delete Post 
i just saw rob in summer. man was ozzfest great! sheri moon was even on the side of the stage watching.
Posts: 112 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the one thing a lot of Rob Zombie's songs tell us is that he's a reader.

He also does several Philip K. Dick references (the one that comes to mind is 'More Human Than Human')

Or he might just be a movie-watcher. Did they use that phrase in Bladerunner? Hmmm.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I like his song "Living Dead Girl," a lot. Its got a very obtrusive guitar beat going.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.