FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If I mention Slacktivist...

Author Topic: If I mention Slacktivist...
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
Hit me. Please.

I have trouble staying away from arguments, and so the place keeps drawing me back in. (The Left Behind reviews are another pull.)

Fred himself is a nice enough guy, and I especially liked his last post that actually tried to extend a little understanding and humanity toward us pro-lifers. The trouble is, he was followed up while I was at work by about a dozen people ranting about what liars we are, and how what we really want is to enslave women, the rest is all just a lie. Naturally my blood pressure went through the roof....

The worst of it is the Catch-22 argument they use. If we don't bomb clinics and celebrate when doctors are shot, if we don't demand the death penalty for abortion right this instant, we're obviously lying about believing that abortion is murder. If we do, we're evil terroristic extremists who need to be locked away.

I snarled at the last offending poster and went away, vowing not to return except for Left Behind Fridays. If I give any sign of having read any other Slacktivist posts, beat me up. Friends don't let friends give themselves strokes.

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.