FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Announcement-I am drinking alcohol

Author Topic: Announcement-I am drinking alcohol
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
And I hardly ever drink...
Actually I never drink... Until now. I invented a drink.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it magically delicious?
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it a medicinal compound? Are you the saviour of the human race? No?

Shame.

Drinking is good, in moderation. Or sometimes a little to excess. So is it multi-coloured? Is it blue? Does it have an umbrella, a plastic monkey or a decorative slice of fruit in it?

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I modefied my orange passion juice tequila drink
I added some welches frozen juice to it and cinnamon
It's tasty
But my head feels so..
weird...
and heavy, so it's getting a bit worse.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chungwa
Member # 6421

- posted      Profile for Chungwa   Email Chungwa         Edit/Delete Post 
If this is your first time drinking or getting drunk, have fun. Or, maybe you should be warned about tomorrow? It's hard to tell what the morning will bring if you go all out. You might wake up not wanting to leave your bed for the rest of the day, or you might feel fine.

Drinking can be fun if done responsibly. I should note that I think (though I imagine many here will disagree) you can drink responsibly and still get completely crunked up.

Posts: 367 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

I will not get drunk. I just had a little bit of this and already my head feels awful.
just a bit! i haven't even finished it and the room is spinning
how embarassing it is to be in preschool when it comes to booze

smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
sinner. [Wink]
Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chungwa
Member # 6421

Not that it will make you feel any better, but I haven't met (in person, anyway) anyone who can hold their alcohol worse than me.
Posts: 367 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

noooo
i cannot hold booze at all...
that is why i do not drink.

until now
my head hurrts

Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm drinking too. And answering Geoff's questions on infinite sets is making me cross-eyed. [The Wave]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
This is why it's bad to drink alcoholic beverages that have a lot of sugar in them.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
I also don't like the ones that have so much sugar in them that it makes your teeth hurt [Big Grin]
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chungwa
Member # 6421

I don't like most drinks with a whole lot of sugar. When I make Kool-Aid I've got to put about half of the sugar that is suggested, otherwise my teeth get that icky sticky feeling.

Alcohol-wise, though, after I've had a certain amount to drink, I don't really care what it tastes like.

Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
I've found Mike's Hard Lemonade is doable. But Smirnoff, B&J, and others are so sugary they're disgusting.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
I go with the cheap vodka. Its cheap and its vodka....
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I almost find this Mike's Hard Berry stuff too sweet. It's almost Kool-aid like. It's hard to drink several in a row for me because the sweetness is overpowering. *shrugs* Oh well.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the PSA. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

quote:
I go with the cheap vodka. Its cheap and its vodka....
Agreed. But here in Texas, only certain counties sell hard liquor. It's like a 30+ minute drive to hard liquor and a 5 minute ride to beer or wine.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, depends on the area. If you get closer to Houston, most counties sell hard liquor (with a few restrictions). It's just the Dallas area that's sort of weird, what with the dry counties and the various counties that have laws about what they can and can't sell. Plus there's the whole fact that UTD is almost on the line between two counties. We're in a very weird place, Amanecer. Very weird.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a fine line between enjoying alcohol and abusing alcohol. If you find yourself telling alcohol you wish it had never been born, and that it is worthless, you have crossed that line.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Eh, depends on the area. If you get closer to Houston, most counties sell hard liquor (with a few restrictions). It's just the Dallas area that's sort of weird, what with the dry counties and the various counties that have laws about what they can and can't sell. Plus there's the whole fact that UTD is almost on the line between two counties. We're in a very weird place, Amanecer. Very weird.
Then there's the whole "Town of Buckingham" thing, where they incorporated a, like, 6-block square area smack in the middle of a dry city so they could sell hard liquor there... Weirdos.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Syn, if you're still on, try drinking a good amount of water. Hangover and headache comes from dehydration. [Smile]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pH:
This is why it's bad to drink alcoholic beverages that have a lot of sugar in them.

-pH

Can I get an Amen
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

*crawls out of bed, still semi-conscious*

Oh, God.

Vodka tonics....Jagerbombs....hand grenades...more vodka tonics....vodka and Red Bull....

*falls over*

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hari Seldon
Member # 9254

- posted      Profile for Hari Seldon   Email Hari Seldon         Edit/Delete Post 
The water drinking remedy only works as long as you don't live in Canada. If you live in Canada, where beer flows from the taps, a glass of water is more like round 2 rather than a remedy [Wink]
Posts: 69 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ryuko:
Syn, if you're still on, try drinking a good amount of water. Hangover and headache comes from dehydration. [Smile]

S'good advice, even if it means frequent trips to the bathroom.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Water...good. The tequila I had last night...bad. Beer and Bowling mix only so well. I noticed after a few beers that I was getting better at bowling. That and my friend almost got herself carried out. She started it [Smile] !
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
With the cheap vodka thing, I have heard -- although not conducted tests myself to verify -- that the hangovers are worse with cheap vodka than "good" vodka, and that's the reason to stay away from the kind that comes in plastic jugs. since I use it only for mixing, I buy a nice, middle-of-the-road variety, and save the high-end for whiskey and tequilla.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Dude I'm wasted too.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

quote:
Originally posted by ElJay:
With the cheap vodka thing, I have heard -- although not conducted tests myself to verify -- that the hangovers are worse with cheap vodka than "good" vodka, and that's the reason to stay away from the kind that comes in plastic jugs.

True. Very true.

-pH

Mirrored Shades
Member # 8957

- posted      Profile for Mirrored Shades           Edit/Delete Post 
I once knew a girl who passed out after two shots -- she had the weirdest metabolism of anyone I know. She also got really stoned off of cough drops.

Now, I'm off to go make jello shots... and can I have a 'yuck?' I can't actually do jello shots until after I've had enough to drink that I'm trying to twist the caps off of beer bottles. If I try, I inevitably end up regretting it. Still, it's not my party...

Posts: 36 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
Epictetus' Random Alcohol Story #125:
One time I went to the liquor store and I asked the guy at the counter what went well with Jaeger (since I had never tried it.) God-bless this clerk; without missing a beat he replied, "The floor"

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

quote:
vodka and Red Bull....
It's a party for your heart!
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pH:
*crawls out of bed, still semi-conscious*

Oh, God.

Vodka tonics....Jagerbombs....hand grenades...more vodka tonics....vodka and Red Bull....

*falls over*

-pH

was it good for you? [Cool]

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

About the cheap vodka thing, here's the deal college kids, GO CHEAP, the SMART way. That's right, filter your own vodka. The only difference between the store brand and Grey Goose is the filtration, so get yourself an alcohol filter, or even just a regular brita water filter and run that stuff through a few times, it'll come out pure and sweet.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mirrored Shades
Member # 8957

- posted      Profile for Mirrored Shades           Edit/Delete Post 
...jello shots.

*pukes*

Also, lots and lots of rum. I feel very Pirates of the Caribean, underneath my hangover.

Posts: 36 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

quote:
was it good for you?
Yes. My two favorite moments:

Walking into the first bar, leaning over to Matt, and saying, "Dude. I TOTALLY made out with that bartender in May."

At some point, walking into a club, finishing a hand grenade, ordering another drink, and then declaring to my friend that I was going to marry the strangely-dressed, clearly foreign tourist who was dancing uncomfortably a few feet away from us. Then they changed the music, and he left. [Frown] My heart is broken.

-pH

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.