FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Prayers and Good Thoughts for RackhamsRazor -- With Updates - And With Picture (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Prayers and Good Thoughts for RackhamsRazor -- With Updates - And With Picture
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Annie (RackhamsRazor on this board), my long time girlfriend, was in a pretty bad car accident today in central Pennsylvania. I don't have all the details yet, as her mother was interrupted by the orthopedic surgeon while I was on the phone with her.

The car that ran into them must have hit her almost directly in the front passenger seat, because her father and younger sister only have minor injuries. Thank God for that.

Annie has a broken collar bone, lacerations on her face, and a shattered wrist.

I'll update when I know more. My heart and soul and prayers are with her, and I know she would appreciate the good vibes from her fellow jatraqueros. Thank you.

--ApostleRadio

[ March 21, 2006, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: prolixshore ]

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope she gets well soon.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awful. [Frown] I hope everything will be okay.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm praying she'll recover quickly and well.
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Good golly! I'm wishing for a speedy and complete recovery.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, that's rotten. [Frown] I'm thinking happy thoughts for her, and hope she feels better soon.
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, ApostleRadio! Prayers and good vibes and best wishes for Annie and for you too, and for all her doctors, that they may be given wisdom and insight to know the right things to do. Let us know as soon as you hear anything more. I'm so sorry this happened!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Janitor
Member # 7795

- posted      Profile for Papa Janitor           Edit/Delete Post 
The Moose household prayers are with you all. Please keep us updated as time allows.
Posts: 441 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in South Central PA. Please let me know if there is anything practical I can do to help.

~~~annie, prolix, and family~~~

[Frown]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Prayers for you all. I hope she pulls through with full use of her body parts and heals quickly. She must have a lot of pain to work through right now. [Frown]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking about you. Tell us as soon as you know anything. Know that you're all in our hearts.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Sending good vibes Annie's way.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts and prayers are with Annie and her family and you, too, prolixshore. May she have a swift and easy recovery.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts and hopes go out to Annie and her family. I hope she gets well soon.
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...I hope she heals quickly and completely. Good wishes for her and her friends and family.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

Thanks for the response, folks. That's what makes Hatrack great.

Sorry about the slow update speed here.

Annie and her family are resting in a hotel overnight, and will be returning to Pittsburgh tomorrow.

She is out of the hospital and was able to talk on the phone, so long as her Dad held it up to her ear. Her collarbone and wrist are indeed broken, and they had to put her under to set the bones and splint her up. She was still pretty drugged up with pain medicine when I spoke to her. Her face is slashed from glass and burned from the airbag, but I'm positive she is still as beautiful as ever.

Needless to say, it will be a while before she is back up and moving to full capacity, but we are all thankful it wasn't worse. Apparently they hit a van in an intersection. The people in the van escaped uninjured, and Annie's father and sister have only minor injuries.

Thank you again for your support, I know Annie will smile when she sees this thread.

Pop, thanks for the sticky.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Ow. I'm glad she wasn't hurt more seriously.

Good wishes for a full and quick (as can be) recovery.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
With someone as wonderful as you to support her, she'll get better quickly. [Smile] Feel better fast Annie!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*prayers for fast recovery*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so glad she will be ok, and that her family is well. She is in my thoughts and prayers tonight/today. [Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I'm so glad she'll be fine. She'll be in my prayers as well.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
I’m praying for her speedy recovery. (((hugs)))
Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Good vibes winging her way. ~~~
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hari Seldon
Member # 9254

- posted      Profile for Hari Seldon   Email Hari Seldon         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank God she is Ok! I will continue to pray for a quick recovery.
Posts: 69 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
Good vibes-> -> -> going her way
Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, get better! [Mad]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

Ok. I just talked to Annie again. She is still in a lot of pain, obviously, but the Percoset will help with that as soon as she figures out a good schedule for the dosages. They will be home in a couple hours, and she can try to get some rest.

She will have to miss classes for a week or so while she recuperates and learns how to get around without most use of her right side. When she gets back to school, she will have to learn to write left-handed.

I feel terrible because I am 500 miles away and can't go to Pittsburgh until next weekend. I wish I could go comfort her and keep her company.

Thanks again for the Hatrack support.

--ApostleRadio

[ March 19, 2006, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: prolixshore ]

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I could never imagine having to learn to use my left hand. I'm so glad she is doing ok, what a scary thing to happen [Frown]

Many hugs and well wishes for Annie, AR, and family.

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad that the damage sounds like things she can recover from...in time.

Prayers for speeding healing.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, my! I'll be thinking about her. [Frown]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Her face is slashed from glass and burned from the airbag, but I'm positive she is still as beautiful as ever.
:sniff: So sweet!

quote:
When she gets back to school, she will have to learn to write left-handed.
:sigh: This seems to me like it would be very difficult and frustrating.

I hope you can be with her soon.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be praying for a swift recovery.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe if she has a really good friend at school they'll copy their notes for her?

Best wishes!

Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Prayers, hugs (gentle ones!), and good vibes heading her way.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible for her to use a laptop instead of writing? I know from experience that it is far easier to type with one hand than it is to write with it.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad she's going to be okay, sending good thoughts for a swift recovery.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Prayers for Annie's recovery ~~~~~~~~ from our family.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so very sorry to hear this. Sending lots of healing thoughts her way, and strength to everyone (including you Apostle!!)
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
prolix, thanks for the updates. I hope she's recovering and doing better. [Frown] She should be able to have someone take notes for her in classes so she doesn't have to do that. She also probably has friends and fam who would type her assignments for her (if typing with one hand goes too slowly.) Hopefully she won't have to write left-handed too much.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

She isn't doing much better today. The soreness coupled with the broken bones makes all movement extremely painful, and on top of that she had a reaction to the percoset they gave her that left her vomiting all morning. She is on new drugs now and hopefully this will work out better.

Her friends are already taking notes for her, and will continue to do so for the remainder of the semester. As long as her professors allow her some extra time on tests for writing, she should be fine.

Her sister is feeling better and ready to go back to school as soon as someone can drive her out to Penn State. Her dad is doing what dads do - pretending he wasn't injured. Her mom is doing what moms do - being frazzled and worried and generally taking good care of everyone.

I arranged to have flowers, balloons, movies, and a copy of Shadow of the Giant taken to her house yesterday. She appreciated all of it, and her family seemed particularly happy to have movies to watch.

--ApostleRadio

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I'm glad she's out of the hospital, but sorry she is in so much pain.

Prayers and good wishes for continued healing on the way.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, how awful! [Frown] I'm glad she wasn't hurt worse, and I'm sending healing thoughts in her direction (and yours too).
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

I know that the statute of limitations has just about run out for updates and sympathy, but I have to say this one last thing.

Annie just told me the full story of what happened on Saturday. It is a story filled with blood, broken bones, unconscious drivers, flipping vans, and all the agony a person can rightfully be expected to endure. It included long waits for the ambulance, medicine that didn't go where it was supposed to, and a near miss on a fully conscious bone-setting.

It is a story that I never want to hear again for as long as I live.

It amazes me that Annie, who lived through and was the main character in all this trauma, can sit there and calmly explain to me in a fully lucid manner every last detail of this horrific incident. She is surely Superwoman, or if not, something pretty darned close. I didn't even want to hear the story because of the damage it would do to my imagination - seeing her being popped out of the car while paramedics slice through her sweatshirt to reach her injuries. I forced myself to listen because I knew she needed to tell me and because if she is strong enough to live with the full memory, I have to be able to deal with my own mind's images.

I don't regret it, but the pictures will haunt me for a while anyway.

Now I feel terrible for sounding like I am whining while she is sitting there in great pain, so allow me to state that this was meant to be less about my own weakness and more about her incredible and amazing strength.

I've never found the words or phrases to express just how much I love this girl, and tonight I realize that I never will. They don't exist.

--ApostleRadio

RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
You must be doing an excellent job, for it takes a great deal of strength to share another's pain, and you are supporting more than one person.
Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by prolixshore:
I've never found the words or phrases to express just how much I love this girl, and tonight I realize that I never will. They don't exist.

--ApostleRadio

Making me all blurry eyed and goosebumby ...
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I am glad she she seems to be doing well, and hope she makes a full recovery as soon as possible.

While nothing can make those injuries hurt less, other than pain meds [Big Grin] )having someone who cares as much as you do is a great comfort, and I am sure she appreciates it. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

I couldn't help it, so here's a picture of Annie and I. I don't have any pictures of her after the crash yet, and I'm pretty sure she wouldnt want me posting them if I did. [Wink]

Annie and Jeff

Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, how cute! [Smile] You two look great together.

(Although the thread title made me afraid that this would be a picture of the mangled car or some such. [Eek!] )

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! You guys should do toothpaste commercials. [Wink]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
She is surely Superwoman
Yes, yes she is.

And I love that picture. [Smile]

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.