FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm in Orlando April 1st - 5th (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm in Orlando April 1st - 5th
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
That is all. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[The Wave]

(Unfortunately, between our rehearsal schedule for a show we are in and Cor's parents deciding to drop in on us, our own scheduling is pretty complex, but we'll have to find a way to get together! [Smile] )

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, well, I'm in Gainesville April 5th - 8th. [Razz]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

*bumpity*

What time do you get in on Saturday?

We actually have rehearsal every single other day in that window, which doesn't make getting together impossible, but it does make it hard. And then there's the whole Cor's parents thing.

If you're a night owl, though--or if you find yourself still on Wisconsin time--I can always meet up with you after everyone else goes to sleep.

Are you flying and renting a car? Flying and not renting a car? Where are you staying?

Do you still have my cell phone number?

It's a damn shame you're not coming in on Friday, or you could experience the joy that is Jai-Alai. (Friday is the last night of the season.)

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool! What are you doing in FL, just getting warm? [Wink]

Let us know if you want to meet up, or if you need anything while you are here. [Big Grin]

JenniK works at Disney, so let us know if you are planning on visiting there. She is working at Soarin'. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
You wouldn't happen to be anywhere slightly north of Orlando during that time, would you? I would certainly love to meet you (though I suppose my age may deter that also).
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
If this is an April Fool's joke, it's in in pretty poor taste. That's all I have to say.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
*laugh* My coworker and I are flying in for a conference that's being held at the Grand Regency, although we're staying at the Sheraton Safari down the road. We'll have a rental car, and will get into town around 2:30PM on Saturday. The conference lets out at 6PM on Sunday and around 4:30PM the other three days.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be up for a meal over the weekend, depending on where it ends up.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Tentatively speaking--because my in-laws haven't shared their schedule with me, and attempting to double schedule something when they want to do something is a good way to get excommunicated--how about dinner and games at my house on Saturday?
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Tentatively, that sounds great indeed. I'll have to see if Linda's up for it -- since we're only getting the one rental -- but I'm pretty sure she will be; the only recreational activity she had her heart absolutely set on was Discovery Cove, and our days are going to be too busy to swim with dolphins anyway (meaning that her heart has already been broken, and she's already resigned herself to drinking and hanging out by the pool). Regardless of her preferences, though, I'm up for hanging out. [Smile]

*laugh*

(And no, I need your cell # again. Can you email it to me?)

Kwea
Member # 2199

Very cool. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

If your colleague doesn't want to hang out with a bunch of internet weirdos, you could let her keep the car, and I'm certain one of us could give you a ride.

Let's start talking time . . . ?

(I think we've decided to not worry about the in-laws, and if they call, we'll just invite them over and hope they don't get pissy. The thing is, they never want to plan things, and they always want to play things by ear, but they don't realize, or care, that that means we put our lives on hold for a week, not knowing when we're going to see them. They will be driving in from Atlanta on Saturday, and so I don't see them arriving before four or so in the afternoon. In the past, they have usually decided they are too tired to see us on the day they arrive, but it would be just our luck that this time would be different . . . [Dont Know] )

Kwea
Member # 2199

Wow...Icky must REALLY like you....

I LIVE here and have never gotten an invite over to his house.

[Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
TOM,

Back AWAY from the Scrabble board!

You may THINK you know Scrabble. Unless you have played Scrabble professionally, you don't stand a chance. Just back away.

j/k...I miss game nights.

Kwea: [Razz]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Rob, I'm inviting you now, ain't I?

[Razz]

[ March 30, 2006, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

It occurs to me that perhaps I was unclear: that (tentative) invitation was for everyone--Rob, Zan, Chris, all you guys too.
Kwea
Member # 2199

I know, or at least assumed. [Wink]

Hence the wink. [Big Grin]

I own LOTR Risk too. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
I own LOTR Risk too. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I'm sure you do, but I've kind of gotten used to remaining married. [Wink]
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I won't be able to make it that night. We've already got plans unfortunately.

Well, actually, not unfortunately. I'm kind of looking forward to those plans, but you know what I mean.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

How about LOTR trivia? [Wink]

Yeah, it would be tough if Lisa left you....I would have to split my amusment park time in half, so I could spend time with both of you.

Oh yeah....it might be hard for you too. [Wink]

Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
'Twould be hard for me to be further away without moving back to Alaska.

But have fun in Orlando. Sounds like a good place for it. [Smile]

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Well, Cor's LOTR knowledge is limited to having seen each movie once, in the theater . . .

-o-

By the way, Kwea, what time do you guys get off work tomorrow?

[ March 31, 2006, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Kwea
Member # 2199

I work until 6 this Sat, but I am in. [Big Grin]

JenniK will come as well, but we can't stay late as we work in the morning.

Kwea
Member # 2199

I am PISSED!

Big Bad Vodoo Daddy's are playing House of Blues tomorrow night, and I just found out about it!

Don't get me wrong, I am still looking forward to going to Icky's, but...

...it's BBVD, man. [Cry]

I really, really wish I had found out about it sooner. Jenni can't go because of work the next day. [Frown]

Icarus
Member # 3162

Don't bail on me, man--you're the only one I know for sure is in! [Wink]

(HINT HINT, y'all [Wink] )

Kwea
Member # 2199

I will be there, although Jenni may not be speaking to me....

I just said it was OK, the show doesn't begin until 9, and they have an opening band. [Big Grin]

I also offered to tell her how good it was, but for some reason she didn't appreciate the offer. [Dont Know]

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll need meeting times and directions.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

[Big Grin] Cool! This will be fun. [Big Grin]
Icarus
Member # 3162

Kwea, I'm confused . . .

Meeting time . . . well, kwea works until 6, so there's no point in getting together too much earlier than that. Didn't Tom say his flight got in at 2:30? Giving him time to pick up the rental car, etc . . .

I'm thinking how about we get together around 6ish? I know it will take Kwea twenty minutes or so to get to us, but I don't want to start it too much later, because I will probably stage whatever I cook to not come off the stove/out of the oven until once people arrive, just in case people get here late, but if we make it too much later, the girls will not make it. (They are serious early birds.)

If Tom wants a ride, we can coordinate the logistics of that by cell phone. Maybe Kwea or Chris can pick him up. I could take him back later.

(And if anybody wants to go out to Denny's--or anyplace else--afterward, just tell me and I'll come too! [Wink] )

Why don't you guys IM me for directions?

Kwea
Member # 2199

Works for me!

Jenni will be at your house, but can't go to the concert after. I probably won't go to the concert either...although I am tempted....but will be attending your function.

Comprende? [Wink]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Tom, I don't want to post my phone number here, but if you need a ride anywhere feel free to ask Joe for it.

Joe, if some weird northerner calls asking for my number, call the police. [Wink]

Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
. . . some weird northerner . . .

There's some other kind?
Kwea
Member # 2199

lol
Kwea
Member # 2199

Icky, anything you would like us to bring? I was thinking of making an appetizer from Dag's web site...it would be a cool nod to Hatrack, and I have been wanting to try "bambinos" out for a while. [Big Grin]
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

I can pick up Tom if needful. Just e-mail me (link's in my profile) with where and when.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Sounds good, Kwea. [Smile]

Sorry I missed you earlier. I just discovered (the hard way) that Gaim goes silent when you are in Away mode.

[ April 01, 2006, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

I hope Tom brings one or two of those cool card games!

(Is it too late for hint dropping?)

[Big Grin]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

Nope. I'm just finishing up the packing. [Smile] Do you have a preference?
Icarus
Member # 3162

Well, I've never played any of them, so I don't know. I keep hearing people rave about Chrononauts. Preferably not something ungodly complicated, though. [Smile]

(It must be terribly early where you are!)

Icarus
Member # 3162

Since people have asked what they can bring, here's a suggestion: we have a wide assortment of alcohol, a tiny assortment of diet caffeinated soda, and a microscopic amount of juice and skim milk. And, of course, purified water. If you prefer to drink something that's not on that list, you might want to bring some. [Smile]
TomDavidson
Member # 124

*laugh* If alcohol's being promised, it shouldn't be any problem to get Linda to go. [Wink]

We just got in, and I'm finishing my unpacking and freshening up now. I'll call you shortly.

Thanks so much!

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
when I hear the term freshening up I think of curling hair, baby powder, and mascara. Tom, do you have anything to tell us?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Ok, I have the stuff for Bambinos...but I am leaving my wife behind. [Big Grin]

She isn't feeling well, and sends her regrets.

I will need to borrow your oven for about 10 min though. [Big Grin]

I will call for directions and to iron out the details. [Big Grin]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
Sorry I missed you earlier. I just discovered (the hard way) that Gaim goes silent when you are in Away mode.

You can change that setting.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, I for one had a blast. It was even worth missing BBVD tonight.

Tom was very cool, as was Chris....I had never met them IRL before, so it was a treat.

Icky and Cor were wonderful hosts, and I look forward to seeing them more often this summer when they have more time free.

And a special thanks goes out to Tom's very cool co-worker Linda, who was very personable despite many Hatrack in-jokes and funny comments, sometimes at her expense. She seemed very cool, and she helped Tom and me win at Munchkin despite not being a true roll-playing geek like the rest of us.. [Wink]

Thanks again for a fun night all!

Tom, you can email me at KweaSr AT Gmail DOT com for my number so we can touch base about later this week. Or call Icky for my phone number. [Big Grin]

Kwea

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Ic - does Cor mind photos being posted? Didn't think you or the other guys would, wanted to make sure first.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

So.
Freakin'.
Tired.
[Smile]

It was wonderful to see all of you. *grin* Thanks for having us.

Icarus
Member # 3162

rivka, thanks, I found it. [Smile]

Chris, Cor doesn't mind. We'd love to see your pictures. [Smile]

I hope you all found your way out. Tom, in particular, I meant to give you directions leaving, because there was a shorter way to go back than simply retracing your steps. :-\

Chris, did you find that chat transcript? [Wink]

We had a wonderful time, too. We've really enjoyed every time we've gotten together with each of you guys, so having you all at our house was like a blast^3. We loved meeting Linda as well--she was game for everything we felt like doing! [Cool]

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

The Three - Icarus, TomD, and Kwea

Hardcore gamers - Rob, Cor, TomD, me, and Icarus

And I saw where the directional mixup occurred -- I missed the part that said "get back on I-4 or 417" so I ended up entering Celebration from the other end, so now I'm impressed I found your house with as little wandering as I did.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.