FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Look what got past proof (I swear this hasn't been doctored)

Author Topic: Look what got past proof (I swear this hasn't been doctored)
Baron Samedi
Member # 9175

- posted      Profile for Baron Samedi           Edit/Delete Post 
I just got a new martial arts DVD imported from Thailand. The fight scenes are absolutely phenomenal. However, most other aspects of the movie are about the quality of the Indiana Jones home videos I used to make in 6th grade.

Half the movie is spoken in Thai, and the other half is in English. Unfortunately, most of the English is spoken by people who have probably never spoken English before, and whose accents make it sound indistinguishable from the Thai. All the Thai parts are subtitled in English, but the "English" parts are not subtitled, with one notable exception.

It looks like the people doing the subtitles got a little bored. During a scene in which a newscaster with an extremely heavy Asian accent is giving a report on an ongoing "police investigation", the following subtitle pops up:

Check it out.

Gotta love it when jokes make it into a final release.

[ March 22, 2006, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Baron Samedi ]

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
That is hysterical.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man! That's amazing! You have to love that line!
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zemra
Member # 5706

- posted      Profile for Zemra   Email Zemra         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! That's better than the Little Mermaid cover.

[ROFL]

Posts: 69 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
That's uproarious.

(What Little Mermaid cover?)

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
sL-

Zamura probably means this (note that snopes finding is that the offensiveness of the spire was unintentional).

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.