FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Updated: Chris' Adventures in ER (updated) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Updated: Chris' Adventures in ER (updated)
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
What a scare! Glad ou're okay, too!
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, that story is startin' to damage my calm!! Please take care and I really hope you are feeling shiny very soon!!!
Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so glad that you are okay. We are all so lucky that it wasn't worse because you mean a great deal to this community.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Been a couple of weeks, near enough, and so far I've noticed little change at all. No more headaches, no dizziness, etc. I do get paranoid if I lay my left arm wrong and it starts to go to sleep, but otherwise...

Just got back my test results: my cholesterol and triglycerides are borderline high and high. High enough to modify my diet, not high enough to warrant medication. My cholesterol is 227 (should be under 200) and my trigylcerices are 211 (should be under 150, borderline high is under 199). I've been told to lose 10 lbs in 3 months, which is far better than I was expecting.

Since my 'sode I've been eating more salad and less fast food, and I've cut my sodas back to only with meals (Saturday night's Sprites notwithstanding). We shall see what happens...

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[No No] Take care of yourself! We need that weekly column!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I am glad that you are doing well. And yeah, what rivka said.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wary of the IV drip of Sprite on Sat., but I thought perhaps it was doctor prescribed so I said nothing....
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
So, got tested again and saw the doctor this morning, and here's where I'm at:

My total cholesterol, which was 227, and needs to be under 200, is now 159.
My triglycerides, which were 211, and need to be under 150, are now 158.
My HDL cholesterol (the good kind), which was 38, and needs to be over 40, is now 40.

My BP was 120 over 80. Didn't catch my heartrate or temperature but the nurse didn't shriek so I'm guessing all was well. My doctor told me I'd lost a pound a half since the last visit (in clear contradiction to what my bathroom scale has been telling me, but then last time the nurse had me take my shoes off and this time she didn't, so I'm assumign my shoes weigh 7 pounds) but that things were going well and to keep going.
Also found out, through an ultrasound a few weeks ago, that I have a fatty liver (Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, or NASH) which is not a problem at the moment and whose treatment is... pretty much exactly what I'm doing anyway.

All in all I am extremely pleased, as I was afraid that after the dieting and (sigh) total abandonment of nondiet soft drinks my cholesterol would be higher or something and I'd have go vegetarian. Looks like I can continue as I have been, and start adding more exercise to bring the weight down.

Just keeping everyone in the loop.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Aaaawwwwwwwwwwwweeeesome!

I am so, so impressed, Chris.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Credit must go towards my anti-cholesterol med, which name I can't remember, as my diet hasn't changed drastically apart from more salads and the Cokes going away.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Also found out, through an ultrasound a few weeks ago, that I have a fatty liver (Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, or NASH)
So should we now call you NASH Bridges?

Congrats on the major improvements and great news, Chris. And see about getting some lighter shoes.

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] That's good news Chris! Glad to hear it.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I am glad you are feeling better, and seem to be doing so well.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Good to hear good news.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

So. It's been three years and a bit, I've changed my diet... slightly. Where am I?

I have lost 20 pounds, although I am still way over what I should be.

My total cholesterol, which was 227, and needs to be under 200, is now 151.
My triglycerides, which were 211, and need to be under 150, are now 111.
My HDL cholesterol (the good kind), which was 38, and needs to be over 40, is now 39.
My LDL cholesterol (the bad kind) I didn't get the first time, but it needs to be under 100 and is now 90.

This was with cholesterol meds, and basically eating the same stuff I was before but in smaller portions, with as much of it replaced with cholesterol-friendly versions as possible.

Now to keep working on the weight thing.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*applauds*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed. What great numbers.
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Chris!

Also bumping older threads is scary - I didn't notice that this was from 2006 and thought this was from this week [Eek!]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alcon:
Way to go Chris!

Also bumping older threads is scary - I didn't notice that this was from 2006 and thought this was from this week [Eek!]

Ditto, but I'm glad to hear that things are going ok.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.