FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Shhhh....Hey, people...I'll get married - Now with Pictures

Author Topic: Shhhh....Hey, people...I'll get married - Now with Pictures
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehehe...now, seriously...January 20th I'll be a married man thanks to my beautiful Isabel. A trip to the U.S. or England for Honeymoon may ensue.

Hey, they say second time is a charm, isn't it? Uhn...it IS second, isn't it? [Wink]

Back to evil, lurking ways.

[ March 29, 2006, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Eduardo_Sauron ]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo-hoo! Congratulations! If you come to the US we'll have to have an Eduardocon to celebrate.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
If you come visit the U.S., any idea where?

(Pick Southern California!)

Anyway, congrats! [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] Congratulations.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Well...I'd like to visit somewhere where I can find snow. As I'm a denizen of tropical Brazil, I've never seen snow (tv and pictures aside), you see...and I always thought New York was cool, so I'd like to go there.
Isabel is still thinking about it. To tell you the truth, she is the one who wants to visit England.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

England Schmengland. Tell her that she could meet a much larger percentage of your creepy internet friends if you went to the US. [Smile]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

I thought you actually wanted me to visit the U.S. ;-)
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Smile]

Try replacing "creepy" with "charming and absolutely not creepy at all".

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
England IS much cooler than the United States, I'm afraid. They've had thousands of years to practice their attitude.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Parabens! [Smile]

You're welcome to come visit in PA. I'll even free up a guestroom. However, I can't guarantee snow for any given week, even in the dead of winter. [Frown]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
W00t for New York! [Big Grin]

Though if you want snow, you're gonna have to come here during winter, we don't have a whole lot of it right now.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

I'll marry January 20th. I guess I may find some snow when I get there...
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! I'm very glad for you. [Smile]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Ed!

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
England doesn't have snow.

Congrats!

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Good luck with making all the plans.
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!!

And don't worry about the snow. You'll be on your honeymoon. No time for sightseeing then.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Ed!!!
[Party]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Want to see snow? Come to Detroit.

Stop, see the snow, don't leave the airport, just hop back on a plane and go to England or New York. Other than a zoo, a couple historical sites, music, a dozen theater halls and a myriad array of sports teams, there isn't much to enjoy here.

Heh, well, nothing for a honeymooning couple anyway.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

I guess we'll decide these following three or four months. Isabel is calling places, noting fares, prices, etc.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
You're getting married on my 21st birthday!

Congrats Eduardo and Isabel.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
That's wonderful! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Eduardo, it is so good to see you back here again! I know you have life to live, and that is a good thing. Thanks for popping by to let us know the good news! Congrats!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Let me know if you want to visit Disney, Eduardo, JenniK can get GREAT discounts at Disney resorts.

BTW, Jenni and I moved to Flordia, in case you missed the threads about it. [Big Grin]

There is a fairly active Hatrack Clump here as well....just let us know! [Big Grin]

Congrats!

(pictures? ../end hint)

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Eduardo, you come bearing great news! Fantastic and congrats!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Thanks for the warm well-wishes, folks! Kwea, don't worry! I'll post many, many pictures! I didn't knew you moved to Florida. As for Disney, it's something to consider...it all depends on the budget (and the powerfull England lobby's defeat, hehehe). Anyway...Is it ok to PM you if I need more info?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

quote:
Heh, well, nothing for a honeymooning couple anyway.
Don't honeymooning couples usually make their own entertainment? *wiggles eyebrows suggestively*
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Someone please describe for the powerful England lobby what the weather is like in January in Great Britain!

Isabel plays live roleplay games with costumes, if I remember rightly, so you know she would love to come to Eduardo-and-Isabel-con here in the states! We just need to lure her here. Tell us the things that she will find irresistable, Saruman, so we can dangle them fetchingly before her! [Wink]

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

And you still call me by the lowly white-hand wizard's name... ;-)
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Aren't there several Utah Hatrackers? Now that's "the greatest snow on earth" if you believe the slogan! (I'm afraid I can't offer any guarantees of snow here in Georgia even in January!)
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!! That's wonderful! [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Eduardo. That is delightful news. [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

It'd be nice if you people could post names (or links to pictures or info) of beautiful places for us to visit (near or in NYC would be best, but other nice/romantic places would be also great). Just an idea.
Noemon
Member # 1115

This is off subject, but what did you ever decide to do with regard to the Itaperuna job?
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't you split the difference and go to Canada? Whistler in lovely British Columbia will have snow then, so you can get your snow fix. And then to take in some British flavor, you can take a ferry to Victoria. Stay at the Empress and have high tea. I'm told it's a not-to-be-missed experience. Victoria is best in June, but January should be very pretty as well, just wet. The ferry ride should be gorgeous, even if it's raining (a strong likelihood).

And if you do that, you could meet those of us in the PacNW. [Big Grin]

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Noemon: I'm working at Itaperuna. I mananged to cram all my classes in two days (thursday and friday). Of course, it means I must teach mornings and nights, but then I get friday's 11 PM bus and arrive home Saturday at 5 AM. They let me handle the paperwork from home. I've been working there for three weeks, now. So far, it's good.

Jeniwren: Canada...never thought about it...and people say it's easier to get a visa to Canada then to the U.S. Another option to confuse me and Isabel, hehehe.

romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Eduardo. Come to Seattle! There will be snow in the mountains.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Eduardo! Wherever you decide to go will be absolutely wonderful - even if you skip the snow and go to England... [Wink]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Shameless promotion:

Photos of the happy couple following this link.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I second Rivka's "Awww."
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

You guys are so cute together! [Smile]
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
She's a cutie! So's he. [Big Grin]
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
When I saw the title of the web page, Legiao Urbana's "Eduardo e Monica" started going through my head. [Big Grin]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
sweet.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Eduardo, you can message me anytime, you should know that. [Wink]

Let me know, Disney is really fun, and we would love to have you. Jenni gets something like 40% off at Disney hotels too. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

quote:
When I saw the title of the web page, Legiao Urbana's "Eduardo e Monica" started going through my head.
Mph, what can I say...this particular song HAUNTED my late childhood / early teens. Particularly when there was some girl called Mônica in my classroom. It was a sure tease for my classmates. [Grumble]

Even today, in Brazil, when cosmic (in)justice joins an "Eduardo" and a "Mônica" in a classroom, the music is brought to bear again. [Roll Eyes]

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
heheeheh...

Love the pictures Ed!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.