FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Chicago Public Radio

Author Topic: Chicago Public Radio
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
I have discovered that I love Public Radio. Especially on Saturday mornings.

It is the untapped recourse of the universe. First off during the week you can get good political commentary and news. THis is great because I love politics and plan to be a Political Science Major. The news is much more unbiased and less going for ratings than the TV news. Less shock and awe and more good news.

Secondly there are some truly great shows on Chicago Public Radio. I mostly listen on Saturday mornings, two shows in particular. THe first is car talk where two guys give awesomly funny car advice, its real advice they just make it funny, to people who call in. The second show is Wait, wait dont tell me the news quiz show. Its kinda like that comedy news show that i cant think of the name of right now on comedy central except its a quiz show at the same time. People call in and play quiz games and the panalists have to play games aswell. Its great.

Car talk i believe is on at 9am on saturdays.
And Wait wait dont tell me is on at 10am.
Those times are for Chicago.

The station is 91.5 and I recomend it for everyone.-theres also free podcasts of many of the shows!

Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, yes . . . "Click & Clack, the Tappit Brothers." I only listen to radio when I'm driving, but I love it when I'm on a long road trip and I can get a good public radio show.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
My wife brought her old car to Click & Clack's garage in Cambridge for a couple years. Never saw them though, just their underlings (who were very nice!).

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
It's true-- NPR rocks.

94.9 KUOW Seattle = my saturday. Seriously.

"streaming on the internet at kuow.org"

It works better for me being on EST now, because since Seattle's 9:00am is noon here, I can get my oversleeping done AND catch this week's puzzler. Yay Click and Clack!

Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
This is what I listen to. Talk radio makes me feel ill. [Frown]
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
Public Radio makes the Great American Deseret habitable. Thank you KUNR. News, Classical Music and Jazz on the weekdays and treat after treat on the weekend. After Click and Clack here we get opera from the Met. and of course A Prarie Home Companion in the evening. Why even own a TV?
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
aiua, thanks for the link . . . takes me back to my high school days! (yes I'm old but these tunes were the soundtrack to my youth. Did I just catch a 70s night or is this what they always play?)

[ March 28, 2006, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Uprooted ]

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I listen to NPR here in the Philly area. I don't usually get to listen on Saturdays(though I do catch "wait wait don't tell me" sometimes). I listen every Sunday and usually listen to Car Talk, This American Life, Prarie Home Companion, Le Show, and maybe something else too(I'm in the car a lot on Sundays).

I love NPR, I listen to it almost exclusively now when I listen to the radio. It's either that or CDs.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aiua:
This is what I listen to. Talk radio makes me feel ill. [Frown]

Do you live in Milwaukee?

Wait, your profile says you live in Brookfield. You should really listen to WUWM, they've got all of the programming listed here plus a lot of good local programming.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and I live in Glendale, WI.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.