FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Girl Scout Cookies!

Author Topic: Girl Scout Cookies!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My aunt has a lot of Girl Scouts to support. We went to her house today and came home with 15 boxes of cookies. [Big Grin]

As Emma would say, "MmmmMMMMMMMMMM!"

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*plugs ears and hums*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
No fair! We don't have those here! Waaaaaaah! [Cry]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have any . . . THIN MINTS????
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
You know that Girl Scout cookies are not for children, right, KQ?

Hide them, hide them now!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
My mother's apparently sending me some of her leftover boxes this week. Woohoo!

I love Samoas.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
The only Girl Scout cookies we ever had were the chocolate and the vanilla icing-in-the-centre ones. You know, adulterated Oreos.

I've never had a thin mint or a samoa.

I'm deprived. [Frown]

Y'all are spoiled brats! [Taunt]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Why me? I'm being good and ensuring I get none!

*weeps*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
rivka, are Girl Scout cookies kosher?

quid, are they halal?

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

rivka - Aw, poor baby! Okay, you're not a spoiled brat, but everyone else is.

No idea, kq. No idea at all. If it has some kind of Halal-certifying stamp on it, it probably is. If it has no animal ingredients at all and no alcohol, then it is. [Dont Know] But really, I'm not craving them that bad, and I'm off sweets, so I still couldn't have 'em anyway. [Big Grin] I just like to whine. [Evil]

rivka
Member # 4859

Yes, they are.

However, they are NOT kosher for Pesach (in less than three weeks), and they would not help me eat less junk.

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the all-abouts and I am very tempted to try the ones that have lemon in them. I don't think I'd be very fond of the thin mints as in Planet V, mint and chocolate don't mix.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

The low-fat lemon ones are very good. I enjoy them with a glass of non-fat milk. Mmmm.

My husband is not that fond of chocolate and mint, either. Hmph. Oh, well, more for me!

dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a case of Samoas hidden from my husband. He's a junkie and he's turned on my 17 month old to them as well! I told him this had to last until next year and I'll ration them out to him! I did get an extra 2 boxes to take on vaction so he can have them in the car. Ain't I sweet! Oh! And any the baby eats count against his ration! [Big Grin]
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
"Is that lemonade made from real lemons?" Bratty Girlscout.

"Are those Girlscout cookies made from real Girl Scouts?" Wednesday Addams.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1lobo1
Member # 7762

- posted      Profile for 1lobo1   Email 1lobo1         Edit/Delete Post 
Thin mints are the best...the lemon ones are quite good as well!...but I only bought one boc of lemons...not enough...

:-(

Posts: 54 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
i don't know why anyone would buy girl scout cookies that aren't thin mints. thin mints are the fruit of the gods. my girlfriend always gets the caramel delights (samoans) and then i have to beat her (not really). my mom makes an excellent mint chocolate chip brownie that is like a thin mint on steroids. or maybe a thick mint.

THIN MINTS FOR PRESIDENT!

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
Er. Chocolate and mint together is an abomination. Does no one else like the trefoils??
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't want to argue, but chocolate and mint together is a gift from Xenu.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been craving those chocolate mint cookies..... *druels*
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I finished my box of Thin Mints last night. Why didn't I order more?!
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpie:

Chocolate and mint together is an abomination.

Yeah, I can't stand anything with that flavor either. I like the peanut butter Oreo-like ones.
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
I finished my box of Thin Mints last night. Why didn't I order more?!
You only ordered one box?

I'll tell you a secret: Keebler Fudge Shop Grasshoppers are almost just like Thin Mints. And I think they're usually cheaper.

kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ, you are my new favorite person!
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really care for thin mints by themselves BUT in a millkshake, they are divine!! YUM.

(And since I missed the cookie sale this year, I think I'll try the Grasshoppers, thanks KQ, I've been craving a thin mint shake!)

Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

My mommy sent me four boxes of cookies! Hooray Mommy!

Two of these boxes are Thin Mints. [Big Grin] One is Samoas and the last is a box of those "Cafe Cookies." I don't know what they are, but they're cookies, so they're yummy.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
My mommy sent me two boxes as well and my husband brought home two more. Each bought one each of my favorites -- Thin mints and Samoas. I am well loved.
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by quidscribis:
The only Girl Scout cookies we ever had were the chocolate and the vanilla icing-in-the-centre ones. You know, adulterated Oreos.

I'm deprived. [Frown]

What about me! I never even get to eat the adulterated oreo girl scout cookies.

Chometz is forbidden for me 365.25 days a year, and not just during Pesach.

(I suffer from Gluten Sensitive Enteropathy)

[Cry]

[ March 31, 2006, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: The Rabbit ]

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
Girls Scout cookies are good, if a bit overpriced, but what I miss are the Campfire Girls' Candies. They used to sell these chocolate/mint log things that were to die for. Kind of like a long skinny york peppermint patty except with milk chocolate instead of the nasty dark stuff. MMMMmmmmm
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Rabbit, you're even worse off than that. Matzah isn't chametz (nor is stuff made from matzah), but it still has gluten!

*sympathetic pat pat*

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I know rivka. Chometz isn't the right wordl. I do often use Kosher for Pesach recipes but not all of them work.

But I'm not entirely worse off. I can eat yeast and baking soda/powder.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Baking soda and powder are kosher for Pesach. But yeah, no yeast.
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpie:
Er. Chocolate and mint together is an abomination. Does no one else like the trefoils??

Oh SHARPIE! Well, I guess no one is really perfect. I've just found your first flaw. [Frown]

Well, that and preferring Diet Dr. Pepper at room temperature, but I was willing to overlook that one. [Wink]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought two boxes of Samoas from Junebug.

Sooooo good.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
Thin mints and tagalongs for me, please.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Trefoils are a very nice cookie with a cup of coffee. But Thin Mints are the queen of all cookies.

They disappear so quickly in my house that I hid ours in an empty bag of frozen broccoli in the back of the freezer. No way the kid would look there for a snack!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by quidscribis:

I'm deprived. [Frown]

Ewwww...they were gross oreo's to.. [Frown] We had a really hard time selling those when they were available.
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Sneaky!

I am the only person I know who doesn't like GS cookies. I can taste the trans fats. ( I even look every year, in the hopes they've jumped on the badwagon.)

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

But the trans fats are what make them so DELICIOUS! [Big Grin]
Carrie
Member # 394

quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
They disappear so quickly in my house that I hid ours in an empty bag of frozen broccoli in the back of the freezer. No way the kid would look there for a snack!

Thin Mints are the absolute BEST when they've been frozen. Mmmm... I might have to go have a couple right now [Smile]
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
That's my only flaw, Karl! Really!
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

quote:

Sneaky! [Evil]
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Darn, now that the Goodlet has seen this, my broccoli will never be safe again... [Smile]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.