FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » In memory of William Sloane Coffin

Author Topic: In memory of William Sloane Coffin
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20060424/wakefield

William Sloane Coffin passed into the next life today. Here is an article about him and other men of faith who "walk the walk".

He will be missed.

Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome. I'll definitely need to read this article when I have more time (only read the first page).
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
He will be much missed.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Great article. Thanks, kmboots.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
That was interesting. I recently listened to many of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s speeches on cd, and his forthrightness in calling for things we should all be in favor of, like justice and honesty in our government, made me think hard and ask myself where are those voices today? I'm glad to hear they aren't entirely silent. [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tatiana:
That was interesting. I recently listened to many of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s speeches on cd, and his forthrightness in calling for things we should all be in favor of, like justice and honesty in our government, made me think hard and ask myself where are those voices today? I'm glad to hear they aren't entirely silent. [Smile]

Probably disrespectful, but this made me laugh.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.