FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Happy Easter!

Author Topic: Happy Easter!
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Easter to all who celebrate!

Woo hoo! Lent's over and I can have fast food again!

Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Easter is another lovely excuse to consume mass quantities of chocolate. And Peeps. We need more candy-oriented holidays.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Easter means LENT IS OVER, which means HOORAY, HATRACK AGAIN!
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL--welcome back, erosomniac. And Happy Easter, everyone else!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
May you find all your eggs, one and all.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Happy Chocolate Day to all.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
The town's Easter Egg Hunt was yesterday. It was nice and all, but it was really more of an Easter Egg Harvest than a Hunt. The eggs are all on the ground in a field, and the challenge is simply grabbing all you can before the couple hundred other kids snatch 'em up. And pretty much all the hunts my daughters have ever done, in Miami, in South Carolina, and here, have been like this. Meh.

What happened to the cool Easter Egg Hunts I remember?

So late last night, in between posts [Wink] , I took a bunch of plastic eggs filled with Sweettarts and hid them in our living room--some in subtle places, and some not so subtle. This morning the girls had a hunt there--much smaller in scope, but cooler, I think. Banana found a couple more than Mango, and got a special prize* for that--a Cadbury Egg--but both had a great time.

Right on. [Cool]

* To clarify, I told them that they would split the Sweettarts evenly, regardless of who found more, but that whoever found more would get a special prize. That way, if one kid found substantially more, both kids would still get roughly the same amount, but the kid who got more would still get rewarded.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I went over to my brother's house today and had Easter there. It was his first time cooking Easter dinner, and he did an AMAZING job. I was so proud of him. He even made scalloped potatoes just like my mom makes. Then we had fun dying eggs. They bought this cool Ukranian egg dying kit, where you put wax on the egg in order to preserve the color that's underneath, and then you dip it in all sorts of diffent colors. It was a good time.

I hope your day is happy and bright! Happy Easter!

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
Easter means LENT IS OVER, which means HOORAY, HATRACK AGAIN!

hey, welcome back!

Ah, I went over to my grandparents and chowed down on some serious southern cooking. Wow does my grandma make the best cornbread in existence. Then I took a nap, then came home, now I think I'm gonna watch Serenity. Life is good.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus last year we did something like that, except with actual Easter eggs, you know? My parents hid them troughout our house and the yard and all my relatives had to find them. The problem was that my parents have really bad memory and there were like 4 eggs that no one found. About a month later our house started smelling like rotten eggs and it took us forever to find the lost eggs, lol.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
We went to an Easter dinner/ egg hunt at my cousin's house. The participants were 8 (but a little delayed emotionally), 6 (but very mature), 2, and 1 1/2, so some of the eggs were in the open-- but some were actually hidden. As usual, one went missing-- 76 hidden, only 75 found. But Emma, once she figured out what she was supposed to be doing, found 14! And really, I only pointed out the first few (and didn't point at them, just said, "Do you see an egg over there?") before she got the hang of it and found even some of the tougher ones that the older kids missed. We have some adorable pictures that I'll post as soon as they're resized and uploaded (although she refused to wear her bonnet.) [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Evie3217:
I went over to my brother's house today and had Easter there. It was his first time cooking Easter dinner, and he did an AMAZING job. I was so proud of him. He even made scalloped potatoes just like my mom makes. Then we had fun dying eggs. They bought this cool Ukranian egg dying kit, where you put wax on the egg in order to preserve the color that's underneath, and then you dip it in all sorts of diffent colors. It was a good time.

When we used to dye eggs, we would draw on them with white crayon, then dye them. The crayon made cool little white pictures.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We need more candy-oriented holidays.
You mean, other than Hallowe'en, Valentines Day, Easter and Christmas?

</grumpy>

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SoaPiNuReYe:
Icarus last year we did something like that, except with actual Easter eggs, you know? My parents hid them troughout our house and the yard and all my relatives had to find them. The problem was that my parents have really bad memory and there were like 4 eggs that no one found. About a month later our house started smelling like rotten eggs and it took us forever to find the lost eggs, lol.

[ROFL]

We completed our day in atraditional Easter fashion. First we went roller skating. The girls don't know how, yet, but they seemed to have fun all the same. Then we went to a drive-in theater and saw The Wild. Then the girls ate half of their Easter Bunnies*, and I ran them around and tickled them for about fifteen minutes to work off the chocolate energy and hasten the sugar crash. They just went to bed; 10:30 is unbelievably late for them!

What a nice day. [Smile]

* That sounds weird. Let me clarify again: each child ate half of her [single] chocolate bunny.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Church, church, church, nap.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Blue peeps are so much sweeter than yellow peeps.

If it is at all possible for a sugar-coated marshmallow to be made sweeter.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.