FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What heppened when you went nuts?

Author Topic: What heppened when you went nuts?
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on everybody does once in a while. They get so bored they do something insane. Someone gets them so mad theu go over the edge. Well i would like to hear some stories of what happened when you Crashed

Mine: I got so bored that i started typing Googolplex on the computer i got to 1 followed by 10000000 zeros Before i realized i was nuts i even had a method of how to do it. The next day i learned from Wikipedia that writting googolplex is larger than the universe
OUCH

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
estavares
Member # 7170

- posted      Profile for estavares   Email estavares         Edit/Delete Post 
I once got so bored I read a thread about someone who actually tried to write googolplex down. Yeah, that was nuts to read that.

(wink)

Posts: 325 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Crazy? I was crazy once. They locked me in a white, white room with white, white walls. I died in that room. They buried me in the cold, cold ground. There were worms in the ground. I hate worms. They drive me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once...
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amilia
Member # 8912

- posted      Profile for Amilia   Email Amilia         Edit/Delete Post 
Crazy? I was crazy once. They locked me in a room. A rubber room. With rats. Rubber rats. I hate rats. They drive me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once...
Posts: 364 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
me <-- sane in a crazy world
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Amilia, I like mine better! [Razz] <- That's me sticking my tongue out at you. Because I am SO mature.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I was laid on the floor of my friend's apartment at 3 in the morning paralyzed by the thought that there was no such thing as past or future but only this moment and so nothing could ever change, there was only one static instant of reality which would never allow me to transition from wakefulness to sleep and it would never be morning so I could never drive home.

You know, that kind of thing.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amilia
Member # 8912

- posted      Profile for Amilia   Email Amilia         Edit/Delete Post 
To Evie: :-P

I really do enjoy seeing varitations on things like this, though. Oral Tradition!!!

Posts: 364 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The next day i learned from Wikipedia that writting googolplex is larger than the universe
What?
Think about that for a second, then tell me why it's stupid.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DangerIsMyMiddleName
Member # 9342

- posted      Profile for DangerIsMyMiddleName   Email DangerIsMyMiddleName         Edit/Delete Post 
One time I was so in love that although I didn't know what the girl would do, I went out, got a ring, and proposed. She turned me down, broke my heart, and I'm one of the stories that doesn't turn out happily ever after.

But I lived courageously and thats why I still like it. [Wink]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was laid on the floor of my friend's apartment at 3 in the morning paralyzed by the thought that there was no such thing as past or future but only this moment and so nothing could ever change, there was only one static instant of reality which would never allow me to transition from wakefulness to sleep and it would never be morning so I could never drive home.
Hmmm, was this state by any chance aided by the ingestion of any particular substance? [Razz]

Welcome DangerIsMyMiddleName! Your name fits your story well. [Smile]

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
When I went stir crazy nuts, I started writing a musical. Still haven't finished it.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I sit on a park bench. Not very cool I know, but its what I do. I used to have to walk a long way to find a park bench, but then my parents got me one for Christmas. Now it sits in the front yard. In fact, that is where I am headed right now.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theresa51282
Member # 8037

- posted      Profile for theresa51282   Email theresa51282         Edit/Delete Post 
I sleep. When I feel out of control, I lie down and sleep. Invariably that fixes my problem. Generally I get most nuts when I am sleep deprived.
Posts: 416 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Wise words, theresa51282.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah - drugs used to give me that kinda feeling too. [Laugh] Scary, huh?
[Big Grin]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DangerIsMyMiddleName:
One time I was so in love that although I didn't know what the girl would do, I went out, got a ring, and proposed. She turned me down, broke my heart, and I'm one of the stories that doesn't turn out happily ever after.

A guy proposed to me ... and I turned him down... as nicely as I possibly could have....
I always thought I would be proposed to once.... oh well. [Dont Know]

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
Yea....I don't understand how people can EVER go stir-crazy. I'm lucky to get 5 minutes a day to check Hatrack. And that's ALL of my free time!
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
Its ver easy to go crazy all you have to do is it be a vactation where you can't eat bread
have no new books to read
have already reread all you other books so so remeber ther plot
there be nothing on Hatrack (or any other forum)
no computer game to play or internet game to play
No game to play on your PS2 and listening to your Ipod just makes you even more bored
So what have you to do but go MAD [Wall Bash]

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
quote:
The next day i learned from Wikipedia that writting googolplex is larger than the universe
What?
Think about that for a second, then tell me why it's stupid.

With the magic of cut & paste and word/character count, I found it takes about 2 minutes to write out a 1 with one million zeros after it. It also takes up 302 pages/13,889 lines at 12 pt Times New Roman. The file is 1,011 kb. I'm not going to copy those millon zeros and paste them nine times, but I suspect it would take a about another minute, 'cause it's enough data that there's a slight pause to paste, and end up at 3020 pages of text.

Just, you know, FYI.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Googolplex!

I win. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

no nor timw Eljay but amount of space here's what it says
quote:
it would not be possible to write down or store a googolplex in decimal notation, even if all the matter in the known universe were converted into paper and ink or disk drives.

Thinking of this another way, consider printing the digits of a googolplex in unreadable, 1-point font. TeX 1pt font is .3514598mm per digit, which means it would take about 3.5*10^96 meters to write in one point font. The known universe is estimated at 7.4*10^26 meters in diameter, which means the distance to write the digits would be about 4.7*10^69 times the diameter of the known universe. The time it would take to write such a number also renders the task implausible: if a person can write two digits per second, it would take around 1.1*10^82 times the age of the universe to write down a googolplex.

Unfortunatly the person who wrote the last part forgot about copy and paste so it could take much shorter but otherwise that is what i meant by it

Also Eljay you can make the file smaller by getting rid of the margins and putting it in size 2 font (Size one make the word count seem less) that would srink it to 5 pages making the expanded version with 10 million zeros 50

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I broke a table, once. I was so angry I kicked it. It was not a very well-made table.

Another time, I broke a window at the DMV. That was an accident (I didn't even know it had happened until later) but I was crazy-angry at the time. I was not asked to pay for it.
EDIT: It was one of those teller window thingies, and when I took my documents back (slid under the glass) I hit my hand on it. Hurt like crazy, not at all intentional. I was crying, so I ran out of the place to cry in private and didn't see that the glass had cracked. (It had bounced up in the track when I knocked it, and cracked when it slid back down. By then I was gone. Just wanted to modify that so you guys know I'm not actually prone to going postal. Most of the stuff I've broken was mine, when I just really needed to hit something. I seldom feel the need anymore.

I have broken calculators and punched holes in walls, too. Haven't beaten a person since gradeschool(where I smacked around kids who teased me to my limit and didn't get in trouble for it, since they didn't want to admit to having their buttocks handed to them by a scrawny girl).

That was all a long time ago. While I still occassionally feel unreasonable rage, I have learned to keep myself from acting on it. Most people would never guess I was once such a rage junkie. [Big Grin]

[ April 19, 2006, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: Olivet ]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I kicked a hole in the wall once, years ago. *reminisces* I was really upset.

More recently, I called the moving company that had confirmed two days before and then cancelled the five hours before the scheduled pickup time because they suddenly remembered it was a religious holiday. I think it's wonderful they wish to celebrate their religious holiday. I do wish they had been aware of that holiday the two days before when they confirmed they could pick my stuff so I could leave for Virginia the next day and make it to work on time on Monday, instead of deciding that they would delay the pickup of my stuff for three days and therefore make me miss my first two days of a new job.

It wasn't a nasty message, but it might have been a somewhat offended one. I think I told them that would need to buy me a plane ticket for the next Sunday.

It did all work out - someone else came and got my stuff, and we left Texas in plenty of time to make it here. I even sort of knew that it would work out when I called, which is what makes it a gratuitous act of fury, I think.

[ April 19, 2006, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoriSCapnSkip
Member # 9153

- posted      Profile for CoriSCapnSkip   Email CoriSCapnSkip         Edit/Delete Post 
Read here http://www.hatrack.com/cgi-bin/ubbmain/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=041894;p=0&r=nfx and if things continue as they have been you may find out very shortly.
Posts: 91 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.