FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Carpenter arrested for working using most comfortable outfit ever (nude)

Author Topic: Carpenter arrested for working using most comfortable outfit ever (nude)
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
As you can see here.
Actually, I think the guy must have some mental issues, but his explanations almost make sense. [Roll Eyes]

Would you fire him? [Smile]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Splinters! [Monkeys]
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
ummm.... yeah.... okay....

If you're so worried about getting your clothes dirty, then put on a jumpsuit over the top. Then take it off when you're done and put it in a bag Probably takes about as much time as taking off the clothes you're already wearing.

He's been charged multiple times in the past. You'd think he'd have gotten the message by now.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
``This is very costly,'' he said. ``The officers actually arrested me and I spent a whole day in jail before I was able to make bail. It was very unpleasant.''
[Laugh]
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Note to self: find something that needs repairing.

[Wink]

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
He kind of reminds me of Sam from Quincy, M.E., only older, and, you know, naked.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
When you do home repair, you have to kneel or lean on a lot of surfaces that are less friendly than cloth. Splinters indeed!
Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Will B:
When you do home repair, you have to kneel or lean on a lot of surfaces that are less friendly than cloth. Splinters indeed!

You can't put a price on art and beauty, my friend. Do you think supermodels have it easy, always wearing high heels and funny hair shapes? We all have to suffer for our art.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Who cares if your clothes get dirty, that's what a washer is for.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I sort of like the guy. I wonder if he's a really good carpenter? I guess he will wear clothes from now on, though, since it ended up being such a hassle being arrested and making bail. That's sort of sad in some ways.

Maybe I just feel a little bit of identification with him since I like to go barefoot and some people seem to find that offensive. [Smile]

[ April 23, 2006, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Tatiana ]

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The homeowner paid Honniball for the work he had completed, but deducted $200. ``He kept out that amount to change his locks,'' Grant said.
Harsh! The guy didn't strike me as being at all a threat. I kinda like him. There's nothing inherently wrong with going naked and the laws we have against it are some of the absolute dumbest on the books.

I mean, I can kinda understand their reaction to him. We're brought up by the media to immediately think "rapist, serial killer!" when we hear about something like this. But really we shouldn't. Hmph. I hope more liberal people hire him and allow him to work the way he likes.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
This reminds me of an electrician looking for work on Craig's List. He only wanted to do work for women (the number present didn't bother him) and he didn't care what shape or size they were, he just wanted to be able to work in the nude and to be appreciated for doing so.

I laughed my guts out and emailed it to all my friends.

Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There's nothing inherently wrong with going naked and the laws we have against it are some of the absolute dumbest on the books.
quote:
The officers said Honniball knew from past encounters with police that such conduct was wrong but he said he liked the idea of people seeing him.
There is something wrong with getting pleasure out of exposing your private bits to people who didn't volunteer for the honor. The guy enjoys a mild form of sexual predation, which I'm rather glad is illegal. But you have to like his sense of style about it. [Smile]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.