FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » More Star Wars Stupidity

Author Topic: More Star Wars Stupidity
CoriSCapnSkip
Member # 9153

- posted      Profile for CoriSCapnSkip   Email CoriSCapnSkip         Edit/Delete Post 
In case this hasn't appeared here before http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1933456027/103-1784929-8223857 it's worth a look as not the brightest move on a writer's part.
Posts: 91 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
The copyright notice is the funniest part.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
*blink*

First question: Is this legal?

Second question: I take it that the first few pages are part of some sort of introduction? It reads a bit like a history text.

Then, as someone who is unfamiliar with the backstory of the SW galaxy, I have to ask: how long has the galaxy been named Celestine? I wasn't aware it had a name other than "Galaxy Far Far Away."

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
My brain is bleeding.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I take it this isn't very legal. She'd better lawyer up, ASAP.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Already been mentioned on the Fan Fiction thread, but stupidity of this level deserves it's own discussion, I think. Check Scalzi's blog for one of the earliest and most cogent discussions of this.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
"The characters in this book are trademarks of Luscasfilm"???? Oh man this is a trainwreck waiting to happen on so many levels. Couldn't she even invest in a spellchecker?
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
She rules with a titanium fist, she don't need to obey laws (or spellcheck).
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
she couldn't even come up with her own title?

"another hope" come on, you can't be serious.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by James Tiberius Kirk:

First question: Is this legal?

A la Palpatine:

I will make it legal.

[/bad sarcasm]
That author is in for a world of trouble...

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Technically it's only a variation on a theme, Another Hope vs. A New Hope. Still. Oy.

I read through the first couple pages on Amazon, and if you take the EU as canon, she got several details wrong, even if you take into account the Journey of the Whills, which quite frankly I don't take as canon, regardless of the fact that it's the genesis of the Star Wars universe.

I've read the vast majority of the EU and even some of the technical manuals (because I used to be a huge dork, who is now just an average dork), and she obviously didn't do her research before decided to rip off Star Wars.

She's going to get spanked like a four year old at K-Mart.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Technically it's only a variation on a theme, Another Hope vs. A New Hope. Still. Oy.

YAH (Yet Another Hope).
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.