FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 18)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, what the heck then...# 1 is Mr. Woo's "The Killer"
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

And if I'm right, and you want me to call the coin flip, I say heads.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I should give you extra credit for using the term "Mr. Woo", but you're correct.

And... sadly... heads it is.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

First of all, why sadly? [Frown] Secondly...what do I do now? Post my list?
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
yes Post ZEEE List!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

OK, here it is folks. Not too hard. Enjoy!

1. “He's happy now, just killing us one by one. And worse, he's good at it.” - Boondock Saints (Nighthawk)
2. “We're dead! We're dead! We survived but we're dead!” - The Incredibles (Ecthalion)
3. “What a fitting end to your life's pursuits. You're about to become a permanent addition to this archaeological find. Who knows? In a thousand years, even you may be worth something.” - Raiders of the Lost Ark (Morbo)
4. “Son... DO YOU SEE THIS? This is an Anger Prisoner. A textbook example. DO YOU SEE THE FEAR, PEOPLE? This boy is scared to death of the truth. Son, it breaks my heart to say this, but I believe you are a very troubled and confused young man. I believe you are searching for the answers in all the wrong places...” - Donnie Darko (Leonide)
5. “Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats. The curtain will rise in three minutes.” Noises Off
6. “Rehabilitated? Well, Now let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means.” - Shawshank Redemption (Nighthawk)
7. “Mother came to us destitute. Brings a child into the world, takes one look at him and promptly dies - -without leaving so much as a forwarding name and address!” - Oliver! (Narnia)
8. “There were five curtain calls. I was an actor once, damn it. Now look at me. Look at me! I won't go out there and say that stupid line one more time.” - Galaxy Quest (Narnia)
9. “Merry and tragical? Tedious and brief? That is hot ice and wonderous strange snow.” - A Midsummer Night's Dream (Dr Strangelove)
10. “I'm sorry John, but you're gonna have to run again.” - Minority Report (BlackBlade)
11. “Their tiger-style kung fu is strong, but our dragon-style kung fu will defeat it!” - American Pie (Dr Strangelove)
12. “The future is not a straight line. There are many different pathways. We must try to decide that future for ourselves.” - Akira (Nighthawk)
13. “Ah, the new boy. Ears are too long and I miss the cape. But not too shabby. Not too shabby at all.” - Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (BlackBlade)
14. “People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.” - Serenity (Ecthalion)
15. “Of all the times we talked of honesty, fairness, justice. A lot of those times I counted on you to have the courage, to take those dreams out into the world.” - Spider-man 2 (Ecthalion)
16. “Oh, you're right. And when you're right, you're right. And you, you're always right.” - Spaceballs (Nighthawk)
17. “Oh, but that's enough talk about me. Let's talk about you. How'd you like me in the first act?” To Be or Not To Be
18. “Let me understand. They put up all the money. I do all the work. What, if you don't mind my asking, would you do?” Schindler's List
19. “One time my whole family went fishing, and I was the only one that didn't puke!” - Little Giants (Dr Strangelove)
20. “A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.” - Dragonheart (Ecthalion)

-----------------
Ecthalion 4
Nighthawk 4
Dr Strangelove 3
Narnia 2
BlackBlade 2
Morbo 1
Leonide 1

[ August 19, 2006, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Javert ]

Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
3 Raiders of the Lost ark
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

6: Shawshank Redemption
12: Akira (I'm impressed)
16: Spaceballs

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

- posted      Profile for Ecthalion   Email Ecthalion         Edit/Delete Post 
yay, somone who likes similar movies

3. Indiana Jones. Raiders i believe.
5. King Kong?
6. Shawshank redemption
14. Serenity
20. Dragonheart
16. Spaceballs

a few of them sound familiar still i need to run through my movie archives.

Posts: 467 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
8. Galaxy Quest!

YAY! I knew one!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

Updated...Nighthawk is leading with 3 for 3. Ecthalion, no on #5, but the other guesses were right...shame you were beaten to the punch on all but 2 of them.

Good job Narnia!

Ecthalion
Member # 8825

15 is spiderman-2
Posts: 467 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
11--Kung Fu Hustle?
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

im not sure but the little kid from the incredibles keeps popping in my head for #2
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought there was a rule that you could only answer 3 at a time.

10: Minority Report
13: Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

7. Oliver!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
9. A Midsummers Night Dream
11. American Pie
19. Little Giants

[Big Grin] . I'm proud of myself. I don't think I know any other ones but I got all those by myself.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
17. Beaches
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

Updated...5 left, and it's still anyone's game.

Sorry to Dan and Pixiest, good guesses, but I've never seen those movies.

Ecthalion
Member # 8825

a friend told me #1 but i wont post it unless everyone concedes it. Im slapping myself for not knowing midsummernights dream tho....
Javert
Member # 3076

I'm debating whether or not to dock DrS a point for calling it a Midsummers Night instead of a Midsummer Night's...but nah, I'll go easy.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

1. Boondock Saints (I'm impressed AGAIN)

Kept rolling around in my head and hit me like... er... on the train.

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
lol. Doesn't matter, I don't know any more. I even tried looking them up and couldn't find a few of them.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

18 is driving me to drink. I know I've seen that scene.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

Updated: Ecthalion and Nighthawk tied for first. 4 quotes left.

So, I'm impressive and I'm causing alcoholism...sweet!

Ecthalion
Member # 8825

eh i dont know any more so its up to nighthawk
Javert
Member # 3076

There are 4 left. Dr Strangelove, Narnia, BlackBlade or Morbo can still win it.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

I'm out of it, I looked em up. I say if the tie isn't broken by some time tomorrow, Ecthalion takes it (seeing as how Nighthawk just did one and Ecthalion is a newbie anyways [Wink] )
Morbo
Member # 5309

After 18 gave me a ride to the liquor store, I'm really out of it. If I do enough shots, perhaps that one quote might come to me, but certainly not any of the others.
Javert
Member # 3076

I'll leave the last four until this afternoon and then post if no one gets them.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Ecthalion: I don't know any more either. So, if we're tied, you can take it this time. I don't have the time to put together a list right now.
Javert
Member # 3076

I still have my money on Narnia. [Wink]
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
4) Donnie Darko
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

I looked the rest up. #5 I can't find for sure and it can pretty much be anything. I should have gotten #17 and #18.

No matter.

Javert
Member # 3076

Leonide is right.

As far as #5 goes, I'll give a clue...the line is repeated several times over the course of maybe 5 minutes in the film.

I get out of rehearsal at 6, so when I get home I'll update and declare a winner. [Smile]

Javert
Member # 3076

The winner is Ecthalion, since Nighthawk gives up the tie. The answers are all there. Good job people!
Narnia
Member # 1071

Javert, you wouldn't put your money on me if you saw my track record in this game. I think this is the highest score I've gotten since the beginning. [Smile]
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

heres my list. They are mostly easy but a few might be hard.

1. "Ah, I like that. I like tulip. Tulip is much better than mongoloid."-Pupl Fiction-Goody Steiner

2. "Look into his eyes. Those big pretty eyes"-the Matrix-Javert

3. "Are you like, a crazy person?"-V for Vendetta-Dr Strangelove

4. "Boy are we in debt"-Robin Hood(disney)-Samuel Bush

5. "We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army."-Apocolypse Now-Nighthawk

6. "Now listen to me you benighted muckers. We're going to teach you soldiering. The world's noblest profession. When we're done with you, you'll be able to slaughter your enemies like civilized men."-The Man Who Would Be King-Samuel Bush

7. "Come back, i was gonna make espresso"-Young Frankienstein-Leonide

8. "Hello, Doctor Silbermann. How's the knee?"-Terminator 2-Morbo

9. "Timeline? This is no time to talk about time. We don't have the time!... What was I saying?"-Star Trek First Contact-Goody Steiner

10. "Oh... ships that pass in the night."-Indiana Jones:The Last Crusade-Dr Strangelove

11. "Impressive.... Most impressive"-Star Wars:The Empire Strikes Back-Dr Strangelove

12. "It may disturb you. It scares the willies out of me."-Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy-Dr. Strangelove

13. "Would Missiour care for a mint, It is wafer-thin"-Monty Python's the meaning of life-Morbo

14. "Now gentlemen, there is no fighting in the war room!"-Dr.Strangelove-Morbo

15. "Any body want a peanut?"-Princess Bride-Dr. Strangelove

16. "Villainy wears many masks, none of which so dangerous as virtue... "-Sleepy Hollow-BlackBlade

17. "what do you call him, Wheels?"-Xmen-Javert

18 "It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. Such a little thing."-Lord of the Rings:Fellowship of the ring-Dr.Strangelove

19. "All you need is love, John Lennon, smart man, shot in the back very sad."-Independance day-Javert

20. "You want me to look upon your army and tremble? Well I see them. I see 50,000 men brought here to fight for one man's greed."-troy-Blackblade

Dr Strangelove:6
Morbo:3
Javert:3
BlackBlade:2
Samuel Bush:2
Goody Steiner:2
Nighthawk:1

Leonide:1

[ August 22, 2006, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Ecthalion ]

Morbo
Member # 5309

8 Terminator 2

13 The Meaning of Life

14 Dr. Strangelove

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

12. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
15. The Princess Bride
18. LOTR: FotR

Javert
Member # 3076

2 The Matrix

17 X-Men

18 Fellowship of the Ring

Javert
Member # 3076

Bah...beaten to the punch...in that case, 19. ID4
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Is there a rule about doing more than 3 at a time? Because I know 10 and 11.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

And dang it, I knew I knew 2 and 17, I just couldn't place where immediatly.
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
7)Young Frankenstein
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

i skimmed the forum and didnt see a rule about 3 only so i really dont care. if you know em you know em
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

10: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
11: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Oh, and duh ... just now really read 3. It's from V for Vendetta [Smile]
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

i was gonna slap you if you didnt at least get that one
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Haha, I didn't read it completely. Dya think I have a bit of an unfair advantage, seeing as how I've watched virutally all of those movies at your house?
  This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.