FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 19)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

- posted      Profile for Ecthalion   Email Ecthalion         Edit/Delete Post 
you have somewhat an advantage, but theres at least 5 that i know you said yo uhavent seen, and at least 2 that i dont think anyone will really get.
Posts: 467 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, in #14 the exact quote is "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here; this is the war room!" It's one of my favorite lines.

I would have had a few, but probably wouldn't have won.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Aw, crap.

5: Apocalypse Now

How can I miss that? It's been rolling around in my head for the past 20 minutes.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Pulp Fiction
9. Star Trek - First Contact

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
20) Alexander?
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
20) Troy
16)Sleepy Hollow (The Tim Burton Version)

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
6 Full Metal Jacket
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samuel Bush
Member # 460

- posted      Profile for Samuel Bush           Edit/Delete Post 
4) Robin Hood
6) The Man who Would Be King

Posts: 631 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecthalion
Member # 8825

- posted      Profile for Ecthalion   Email Ecthalion         Edit/Delete Post 
Well you guys guessed them all. I actually thought i might sneak away with the robin hood reference.

Dr. Strangelove is the winner. With a 3-way for 2nd place.

Posts: 467 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, what should I do? I did just do it recently, but since there's a three way tie for second place, it's not really cut and dry who should do it. If no one has any objections, I'll do it again, as I have a lot of time on my hands, but if there's anyone else who wants to do it, by all means post a list.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no objection. You won--even if you don't want to post I have no list and I'm too busy this week to do it. In fact, I should be asleep right now. [Sleep]

If Javert or Leonide are interested, I guess they'll speak up.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

i'd love to do it -- i've been trying my darndest to win a round of this game, but haven't been as adept at recognizing quotes as i thought i would be. honestly, i'd rather wait until i'd *actually* won a round to do one, though [Smile]
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Your decision Leonide. If you want to do it, post a list, if not, let me know so I can. [Smile]
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I wanna see Leonide's list!!! [Smile]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Ecthalion: You attributed my points to Leonide, does that effect his final score? Or did he answer those movies before I did but the post somehow disappeared?
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

you know, i didn't even look, i just assumed so few people got more than one or two right that i somehow got second place...you have attributed two from blackblade as my own guesses [Smile]

and i'm a girl.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Leonide:
you know, i didn't even look, i just assumed so few people got more than one or two right that i somehow got second place...you have attributed two from blackblade as my own guesses [Smile]

and i'm a girl.

Duely noted, a girl you shall be from now on!
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
So who does that make the winner? Dr Strangelove? Anybody else ready for a new list?
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
must...have...more...quotes...will...eventually...win...one =p
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I too require a new list to help me get through the workday!
Leonide
Member # 4157

I'm gonna post mine, because i worked a really long time on it (read: over three hours) and i don't think i can wait any longer! [Smile]

1) “You're gay! You're a Jew for Jesus? It's that tattoo. It's a cult. You're in a cult. You're a Branch Davidian? You're a Survivalist?” -Happy Accidents, not guessed

2) “I believe if there's any kind of God it wouldn't be in any of us, not you or me but just this little space in between.” -Before Sunrise, Samuel Bush

3) “We’re not a bunch of underachievers. We’re gonna stand up, and we’re gonna be Human Beings! We’re gonna get fired up about the *real* things, the things that matter: Creativity, and the Dynamic Human Spirit that Refuses to Submit!” - Waking Life, Samuel Bush

4) “That boy is our legal property, same as the family cow” -Pete's Dragon, BlackBlade

5) “Mother always taught me: ‘Never eat singing food.’”-Muppet Christmas Carol, Vadon

6) “But we found him, that's the important thing. And I got Bonnie a wonderful pantsuit.”-Waiting for Guffman, Narnia

7) “Listen, you got a back door to this place?”
“Yeah, it’s in the back.”
-Back to the Future III, Narnia

8) “Be brave. Renounce your gift of sight. Pluck out your eyes. Come and join us.” - City of Lost Children, Samuel Bush

9) “I'm going to summon the burning rain of death!” - Hocus Pocus, Lyrhawn

10) “Of course you know him. All you bastards know each other.” - French Kiss, Samuel Bush

11) “I should never have encouraged you to speak.”-Mirror Has Two Faces, Samuel Bush

12) "Everybody's born knowing all the Beatles lyrics instinctively. They're passed into the fetus subconsciously along with all the amniotic stuff. Fact, they should be called 'The Fetals'." -- Sliding Doors, not guessed

13) "This is a pub! We are in a pub! What are we going to do?"-Shaun of the Dead, vonk

14) "Are we like couples you see in restaurants? Are we the dining dead?" - Eternal Sunshine, TheGrimace

15) "Just let your heart lead and your feet will follow, and we'll bound and leap like a gentle breeze. Bound and leap like a zephyr set free. Bound, and, of course, leap." - Milo and Otis, Vadon

16) "Sometimes we don't do things we want to do so that others will not know we want to do them."-The Village, Narnia

17) "Spiders... the spiders... they want me to tap-dance. And I don't want to tap-dance!" -Prisoner of Azkaban, BlackBlade

18) "No fried foods? How d'you keep your health?" - Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Samuel Bush

19) "Welcome the rich man, he's hard for you to miss. His butt keeps getting bigger, so there's plenty there to kiss!" -Spirited Away, Jeesh

20) "If you knew and I didn't know, then you'd be teaching me instead of me teaching you - and for a student to be teaching his teacher is presumptuous and rude."-Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, vonk

have at it! [Smile]

BlackBlade - 2
vonk - 2
Vadon - 2
Narnia - 3
Samuel Bush - 6 (i have no idea how you got that Bedknobs and Broomsticks one...)

[ August 24, 2006, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: Leonide ]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

4) Pete's Dragon
17) Harry Potter: The Prisoner of Azkaban (however you spell that)

TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
14) Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind
13 hitchhikers guide to the galaxy?
17) Harry potter and the prizoner of azkhaban
hmm, i recognize others, but have to think

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
13 - I was gonna guess Shawn of the Dead.
20 - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Edit: gah. I'm an idiot, I meant Willie Wonka. I really did.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
5) I swear this was one of the Muppet movies. It was that rat dude... Was it Muppet Christmas Carol?
15)Milo and Otis
20) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Darn on 20.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
6 - waiting for guffman
16 - The Village

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

7) Back to the Future III
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I have a list of quotes if we find ourselves in a lull of posting later on. [Smile]
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Christ, I've never been stumped so badly. Don't feel well today; maybe that's why... [Wink]
Samuel Bush
Member # 460

2) Before Sunrise
3) Waking Life
8) City Of Lost Children
10) French Kiss
11) The Mirror Has Two Faces
18) Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Posts: 631 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
9. Hocus Pocus

"I want, my book. Je veux mon livre."

Love that movie.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Looks like Samuel will win, unless Narnia gets the last 3 and ties for the lead.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Ok, yeah, I was frustrated by this one, so someone hurry up and post another list someone so I can feel good about my entertainment knowledge again. The only one I knew in this one was "Milo and Otis".
Leonide
Member # 4157

All of these movies are favorites of mine, movies I've watched multiple times...I'm surprised they were so difficult for some [Smile]
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
19- Spirted Away!
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I can't believe I didnt recognize 15 as Milo and Otis. That just bothers me that I let that line slip by. I can even hear how the British guys voice sounds as he says it.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

I've been looking through some of the older pages in this thread, and I must say its rather hilarious how often some movies are repeated, sometimes even the same lines. If I have time, one day I'm gonna go through and see how many times certain movies or lines have been duplicated.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

You think I'm going to go through nineteen pages at this point?
Leonide
Member # 4157

Since Samuel Bush is the clear winner, i posted the answers to the last two quotes.

New list! New list!!

Samuel Bush
Member # 460

Hold your horses! Hold your horses!

I know you all just can't wait but I think I can have a list ( [Evil Laugh] )finished and posted by tomorrow 3 am Hatrack time (EST) and if I fail that, then I'll shoot for 3 pm Hatrack time. [Dont Know]

Pressure! Pressure! [Wall Bash]

Samuel Bush
Member # 460

Bad news (or good new depending on your point of view). I will not be able to post a list of movie quotes. I got only about 10 or so done and then a small swarm of time vampires caught up with me. Two of the bigger ones pretty much drained me dry and the rest of them forced me to give them I.O.U.’s to cover all of my minutes into the foreseeable future.

So I’m not going to have time for even casual lurking let alone posting anything on Hatrack until I-don’t-know-when.

But no doubt you all will have no trouble getting someone else to take my spot on this thread.

It’s been fun, though.

[Wave]

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

So ... ummm ... Narnia? You were second place from this last round. Depending on when I get internet access from my apartment, I don't know if I'll be playing this round or not [Frown] . We shall see.
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I took the initiative and wrote up a list. Hopefully nobody minds.

1) I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my squishy Come on, squishy Come on, little squishy [baby talk]...Ow Bad squishy, bad squishy.
Finding Nemo

2) This trial has shown that under the stress of a national crisis, men - even able and extraordinary men - can delude themselves into the commission of crimes and atrocities so vast and heinous as to stagger the imagination. No one who has sat through this trial can ever forget. The sterilization of men because of their political beliefs... The murder of children... How *easily* that can happen! There are those in our country today, too, who speak of the "protection" of the country. Of "survival". The answer to that is: *survival as what*? A country isn't a rock. And it isn't an extension of one's self. *It's what it stands for, when standing for something is the most difficult!* Before the people of the world - let it now be noted in our decision here that this is what *we* stand for: *justice, truth... and the value of a single human being!*
Judgement at Nuremberg

3) You think a guy like that comes this close to getting fingered and sticks his head out? If he comes up for anything, it will be to get rid of me. After that, my guess is you'll never hear from him again.
The Usual Suspects

4) - I told ya. We haven't had any vehicles go missing.
- Okay! But are ya sure? 'Cause I mean, how do you know? Do you do a count, or what kind of a routine do you have here?
- [growing uncomfortable with this questioning] Maam, I answered your question!
- [long pause] I'm sorry, sir?
- Maam, I answered your question. I answered the darned... I'm cooperatin' here!
- Sir, you have no call to get snippy with me, I'm just doing my job here.
- I'm... I'm not arguing here! I'm cooperating. So there's no need to... we're doin' all we can here.
Fargo

5) Boy, you better, you tell your boys they better kill me, Bert. They better go all the way with me, 'cause if they just bust me up, I'll put all those pieces back together again, then so help me... So help me God, Bert, I'm gonna come back here and I'm gonna kill you.
The Hustler

6) And who are you? So full of hate that you have to fight everybody, because you've been whipped and chased by hounds. Well that might not be living, but it sure as hell ain't dying. And dying's been what these white boys have been doing for going on three years now, dying by the thousands, dying for you, fool.
Glory

7) - I don't even know you.
- You know me. I'm the same as you. It's two in the morning and I don't know nobody.
The Sting

8) There will be no rescue, no intervention for us. We can only save ourselves. Many of you know influential people abroad, you must call these people. You must tell them what will happen to us... say goodbye. But when you say goodbye, say it as if you are reaching through the phone and holding their hand. Let them know that if they let go of that hand, you will die.
Hotel Rwanda

9) - Virgil. Well that's a pretty funny name for a colored boy. What do they call you up in Philadelphia?
- They call me MISTER Tibbs!
- Mr. Tibbs! Well Mr. Woods take Mr. Tibbs! Take him down to the depot and I mean boy like now!
In the Heat of the Night

10) I owe you nothing. And you are nothing to me. Thank you for curing me of my ridiculous obsession with love.
Moulin Rouge!

11) I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that.
Casablanca

12) Now listen to me, all of you. You are all condemned men. We keep you alive to serve this ship. So row well, and live.
Ben-Hur

13) Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the <title word> out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers...
The Caine Mutiny

14) The rain on my car is a baptism, the new me, Ice Man, Power Lloyd, my assault on the world begins now.
Say Anything

15) Come on, all the long distance lines are down? What about satellite? Is it snowing in space? Don't you keep open a line for emergencies or for celebrities? I'm both. I'm a celebrity in an emergency.
Groundhog Day (in the diner, on the very "first" day)

16) *How* is it different? You're just like the rest of them! You think you're different, but you're not, because you're just, you're just really scared! You're really scared to give someone new a go, because you think, you know, they might just be better than you are! Well, you're just pathetic, and you're gutless. You're a gutless wonder! Vivir con miedo, es como vivir a medias!
Strictly Ballroom

17) - So tell me Curly, how do you know Miss Cross?
- We went to Harvard together.
- Oh that's great. I wrote a hit play and directed it, so I'm not sweating it either.
Rushmore

18) It'll be a cold day in hell when Harry Flugelman lets an actor tell *him* what to do!
Three Amigos

19) - I wonder how such a degenerated person ever reached a position of authority in the Army Medical Corps.
- He was drafted.
MASH

20) Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories... And we've already missed the spring!
An Affair to Remember

[ August 26, 2006, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: SenojRetep ]

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

1: Finding Nemo
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

9: In The Heat of the Night
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

8. Hotel Rwanda (just watched that movie a couple days ago)
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

and I think the only other ones I know right now are

10: Moulin Rouge
11: Casablanca
12: Ben-Hur

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Ah, the classics!

3) The Usual Suspects
7) The Sting
12) Ben Hur
13) The Caine Mutiny
19) M.A.S.H.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
20. An Affair to Remember
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

15) Groundhog Day ?

I could *hear* him saying it, but can't place it for sure.

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.