FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 27)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Give it to whoever's second after me. I don't have the time to put together a list for a few days, and I've done it like three times already.

I'll just bask in the honor of winning, but pick someone else to do the work for now.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

- posted      Profile for seekingprometheus   Email seekingprometheus         Edit/Delete Post 
I take it that that would be me...
Posts: 57 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

- posted      Profile for seekingprometheus   Email seekingprometheus         Edit/Delete Post 
Be patient with me, that game was my first time playing. Same rules as last time I suppose, but if I have my druthers the bonus will be worth one point, same as the rest.

1. I once made a birdhouse in woodshop and the fair housing committee condemned it. -Better Off Dead Strider

2. Right, you daughter! I have your asshole here! -A Life Less Ordinary Ben

3. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens! -Tombstone Architraz Warden

4. OK, you're a cab. -Singing in the Rain Raia

5. Don't you teach 'em knife fighting. Teach 'em to kill. That way, they meet some sonofabitch who studied knife fighting, they send his soul to hell. -Spartan Morbo

6. Now, if that's a fact, tell me, am I lying? 'Cause you, you're part eggplant. -True Romance Morbo

7. Just a little twirl here and a yank there and voila. You've got an aesthetically pleasing configuration of hair that humans go nuts over. -The Liitle Mermaid SenojRetep

8. It lies to her. It tells her things only a child can understand. -Poltergeist Morbo

9. Is it worth risking your life over ten dollars, two credit cards, a hairbrush, and a lipstick? -Superman MrSquicky

10. Station! -Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey Nighthawk

11. Just going to the kitchen to get some food, then I'm going to tell you a story that will make your balls shrink to the size of raisins. -Notting Hill Raia

12. It's like the nature channel... you don't see Piranhas eating themselves, do you? -Rounders Strider

13. I have something to say! It's better burn out, than to fade away! -The Highlander MrSquicky

14. You were up at the crack of dawn watching a dog poop. -The 'Burbs Morbo

15. Rise up in the cafeteria and stab them with your plastic forks. -Pump Up the Volume Ben

16. Can you blow me where the pampers is? -PCU MrSquicky

17. What have we here, laddie? Mysterious scribblings? A secret code? No! Poems, no less! Poems, everybody! -The Wall Nighthawk

18. I have given you my soul; leave me my name! -The Crucible SenojRetep

19. Look at this. Her tongue is practically in his wallet. -Greedy Nighthawk

20. Okay, you icy bastard, how about a hot cup-a joe! -Cabin Boy MrSquicky

Bonus: What's so great about the truth? Try lying for a change, it's the currency of the world -Closer Jehovoid

[ November 03, 2006, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: seekingprometheus ]

Posts: 57 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
4) Singin' in the Rain
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

4. yep
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
6)True Romance
I love that scene.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

8)Poltergeist
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
7 The Little Mermaid
18 The Crucible

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

18)That Tina Turner biopic...
Ike and Tina?
I think the film title is a song title, but I'm blanking out on it.
What's Love got to do with it?

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
3) Tombstone
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
9. Is it worth risking your life over ten dollars, two credit cards, a hairbrush, and a lipstick?
- Superman

quote:
13. I have something to say! It's better burn out, than to fade away!
-Highlander

quote:
16. Can you blow me where the pampers is?
- PCU
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

Morbo: 6,8,14,5
Architraz Warden: 3
SenojRetep: 7,18
MrSquicky: 9,13,16
Nighthawk: 10,17,19
Raia: 4, 11
Strider: 1,12
Jehovoid: bonus
Ben: 2,15

All correct.

[ November 02, 2006, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: seekingprometheus ]

libertygirl
Member # 8761

- posted      Profile for libertygirl   Email libertygirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn, I just saw the play the Crucible last night, I think that was the only one i know
Posts: 143 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

10: Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey (I use that word often myself)
17: Pink Floyd's The Wall

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

10 and 17 correct
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

Let me know when you guys want clues.
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

Yeah, Hawk--I spent years in middle and high school trying to get that to catch on as a common slang. I still use it too (although my efforts have been for naught--it would appear that I am no trendsetter).
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

I guess I'll come up with some clues to post after work. Would additionaly quotes from the remaining movies be appropriate, or should I give more general hints about the films?
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
#1 sounds like Woody Allen.
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

nope
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

hints:

2. Bumbling angels

5. Another quote: "You don't wanna go to the desert."

14. Surreal Life porch monkey?

15. Talk hard

19. The quoted actor is our favorite Simpsons lawyer (God rest his soul)

20. "Hey...would you like to buy a monkey?"

[ November 01, 2006, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: seekingprometheus ]

Morbo
Member # 5309

Bonus: Garden State
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

nope...but you're on the right track.
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
12. Rounders
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

1. Better of Dead

the Cosell clue gave it to me. [Smile]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

Strider--correct on 1 and 12.
Strider
Member # 1807

oh, and i'm pretty sure the line is "you don't see piranhas eating eachother, do you?"

[ October 31, 2006, 03:19 AM: Message edited by: Strider ]

seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

You know what, I think you're right. That's actually what I originally wrote, but I double-checked my lines against IMDb movie quotes before I posted and it gave that rendering. Since I don't own the movie I went with the IMDb version--but it's been picking at me this whole time.
Raia
Member # 4700

11) Notting Hill?

Bonus: Erm... Star Wars? [Razz]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

11. correct, bonus incorrect.
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Bonus: Closer
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

Jehovoi...right-o
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

I'll give more clues if no one has posted by the end of trick or treating out here.
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

more hints.

2. Warped version of Stockholm Syndrome

5. Ancient bellicose Greeks

14. “Nobody knocks off an old man in my neighborhood and gets away with it.”

15. Nihilistic DJ

19. Lead actor in movie has Parkinson’s

20. The high seas

Raia
Member # 4700

19) Back to the Future?
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

19. nope
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

These hints are a bit easier.

2. The quotation speaker also plays Obi-Wan Kenobi.

5. One riot, one ranger.

14. Where does the middle class live?

15. Love poems on red paper.

19. Professional bowler.

20. Lead actor also plays Dom "Woogie" Woganowski.

[ November 01, 2006, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: seekingprometheus ]

Morbo
Member # 5309

14)The 'Burbs
Now that it's spelled out

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

19: Greed
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

14. correct, 19. it's actually "greedy," but close enough.
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

Am I giving bad clues?

2. Kidnap comedy

5. Lead is played by "Iceman."

15. Hard Harry

20. A ship named "Filthy Whore"

Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
15. Pump Up the Volume

2. Life Less Ordinary

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

quote:
Originally posted by seekingprometheus:
14. correct, 19. it's actually "greedy," but close enough.

I knew it was one or the other, so I did a coin flip. Thanks nonetheless.
Morbo
Member # 5309

5)Spartan
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

15, 2, 5, correct
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

Only #20 remains.

Morbo is in the lead with 4, but Nighthawk and Mrsquicky could both catch him.

seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

20. "These pipes are clean!"
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

I looked it up. I'd be really surprised if this crowd guesses that.
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I know what it is. I've known for some time, ever since David Letterman's line, but I don't want to win. "I'm now going to show you everything I've been taught. I only pray that I'm not thrown off by your lack of four additional arms."

[ November 03, 2006, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: MrSquicky ]

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

Well I'm going to give it to MrSquicky for half a point since he hasn't provided the title (this way you don't have to win). The movie is "Cabin Boy" and it is hilarious for anyone who can appreciate truly campy humor--one of the funniest ever.
  This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.