FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 30)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and give Cry Baby to FToaS, cause it's pretty obvious to me he knows which movie it is. That leaves only one unanswered clue. If Princess Leah, SenojRetep, Nighthawk or FToaS get it, we're gonna have a tie breaker. If TheGrimace gets it, he wins. If someone else gets it, TheGrimace wins. So lets see some guesses. Here's another hint, which will probably just give the movie away completely...

Hint: Edward Furlong and Christina Ricci in a film involving photography and tea bagging.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't read the quote yet but Pecker
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, yeah that's what I figured. But nobody had guessed it yet, so desperate measures were required. So the round goes to TheGrimace! Go forth and write thine list!
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
ok, I'll get working on it and hopefully have something later today.
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
K, same posting rules as the last few:
1. It's not that we're afraid, far from it, it's just that we've got this thing about death... It's not us! -Spaceballs Nighthawk
2. See you Monday. We'll be talking about Freud and why he did enough cocaine to kill a small horse. -Good Will Hunting Nighthawk
3. Let me ask you this. On a scale of one to ten, what are the chances that you'll be assassinated, one being highly unlikely ten being you're expecting it around every corner? -Stranger Than Fiction Enigmatic
4. Yes, well, we dream on a budget here, don't we? -Finding Neverland Dr. Strangelove
5. Do you know what a metaphysical can of worms this portal is? -Being John Malkovich SenojRetep
6. Drink up, young man. It'll make the whole seduction part less repugnant. -Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Enigmatic
7. You are drunk, and when you are drunk you forget that I am in charge! -Willow SenojRetep
8. I want the club sandwich, I want the cold Mexican beer, I want a $10,000-a-night hooker! I want my shirts laundered... -Johnny Mnemonic Nighthawk
9. There is a war on. How is it you are heading west?
Well, we face to the north and, real subtle like, turn left. -Last of the Mohicans Blackblade

10. Now that I’ve showed you the plan… I’m going to go… show the plan to someone else… -10 Things I Hate About You SenojRetep
11. Just tell me one thing, what is it about your own people you hate so much? -Last Samurai BlackBlade
12. You wanna haggle over the price of your French Dip? -Chasing Amy Enigmatic
13. Yes, we ARE all different! -Life of Brian Enigmatic
14. Limo is a word in common usage. That is the key phrase in scrabble, my friend, common usage. -Blackhawk Down Lyrhawn
15. You're the only person in the known universe who's never heard of the Heimlich maneuver? -A Scanner Darkly Evie317
16. Porsche. It's a little too small to get laid IN it, but you get laid the minute you get out of it! -Crazy People Enigmatic
17. I know you just didn't call St. Christopher voodoo. -Crash Evie3217
18. You know what makes it even better? If you take like a lot of pot with it. I mean like, like a lot of pot. -Go Enigmatic
19. I thought if I was immune to the shampoo, then I could get over her. -Down to You Lyrhawn
20. How could I forget about you? You're the only person I know. -Bourne Identity Enigmatic

I guess I wasn't clear enough about posts/hour, so I'll give enigmatic full credit.

Enigmatic: 7
SenojRetep: 3
Nighthawk: 3
BlackBlade: 2
Lyrhawn: 2
Evie3217: 2
Dr Strangelove: 1

[ December 11, 2006, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: TheGrimace ]

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
God, it's good to live on the Internet...

1: Spaceballs
2: Good Will Hunting (I quoted it in my list)

Have to think of the rest.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
6) The Graduate?
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
9: Last of the Mohicans.
"Well we started out facing north see, and then real subtle like we turned left."

11: The Last Samurai

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
10) 10 Things I Hate About You
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

7) Willow
5) Being John Malkovich

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
#3 - Stranger than Fiction
Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

#6 - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

#13 - Life of Brian
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Drat! The ones I know taken AGAIN!

You have to practically live on Hatrack 24/7 to have a chance at this game!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

#16 - Crazy People ?
#18 - Go
#20 - The Bourne Identity

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
20: The Bourne Identity
I kept thinking about Back to the Future and then suddenly BAM there it was.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia, that's why I stopped playing the game, because it's complete luck on whether you're there when the quotes are put up. Still, it's fun to look at all the quotes and guess anyway.

I don't have any guesses, I just like looking. [Smile]

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

Is this a sign that I need to start handing out clues?
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

Ok, Clues:
4. This film stars a very notable actor whose most recent blockbuster just hit DVD within the last few days
8. This film stars an actor who's nickname is a native american aquatic conveyance
12. This line immediately preceeds the purchase of a work of art in the film.
14. This line is uttered in a conversation about scrabbled voiced over radio frequencies.
15. This film also starred the actor mentioned in the hint for 8, as well as featuring an actor who long ago played a somewhat dim-witted bartender on network television. (note that "long" is a relative term)
17. This film also features a story thread about a cop who claims extreme flatulence.
19. This film co-stars an actress who played a small role in #20, in a very different role. (note: she didn't actually voice the listed quote, her co-star did)

Evie3217
Member # 5426

17 is Crash. I just saw that movie for class the other day.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
4: Finding Neverland
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
15. Natural Born Killers ....I think
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

12) Mickey Blue Eyes?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

12) Mickey Blue Eyes?
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

12 - Chasing Amy ?

I'm pretty sure I've heard #19, I just can't think of what it is.

--Enigmatic

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
14. "Black Hawk Down"

19. "Down to You" Good movie, I'm a sucker for those depressing Freddie Prinze Jr. romantic dramedy things.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
"A Jose Conseco bat... tell me you didn't pay money for that."

if no one gets this in the next 24 hours i'll prolly give another hint away.

Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

last hints, though Enigmatic wins no matter what:
8) The movie fairly prominantly features a dolphin, and is closely related to at least one pen and paper RPG (technically it's also a video game also)
15) A recent film based on a book of the same title by a well-known if very eccentric sci-fi author.

seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

- posted      Profile for seekingprometheus   Email seekingprometheus         Edit/Delete Post 
15) Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy?
Posts: 57 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

15: Scanner Darkly? I haven't seen the movie, but that's the only movie I can think of that fits the description.
krynn
Member # 524

"wise man say: forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

8) Johnny Mnemonic (boy, did the game suck)
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

ok im slow. i see the lists now and get what this thread is all about. ¬_¬
seekingprometheus
Member # 9825

- posted      Profile for seekingprometheus   Email seekingprometheus         Edit/Delete Post 
That's OK krynn.

And "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles".

Posts: 57 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
15 is A Scanner Darkly.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

ok, so officially now enigmatic wins and provides the next list unless abdiacated.

And Nighthawk, just to make sure we're on the same page I was referring to the Shadowrun game.

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

In retrospect, I figure that. But there is a video game based on the movie, and it's rather bad.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

I think I'll abdicate this one, since I hadn't read the guesses/hour restriction and I'm not sure I'll have much time to check on the game in the next few days anyway. Whoever came in second can come up with a list.

--Enigmatic

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

I pass as well, for that matter. I love answering, but making a list? That's actual WORK!
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

sounds like SenojRetep or if he doesn't want to, then someone in the 3-way tie for 3rd/4th...
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

I'll get a list together tonight and post it at or around 21:00 Eastern time. I can't guarantee my availability to monitor it over the next couple days, so I might be a little slow responding to guesses and providing clues, but I'll do my best.
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not going to have the list together. Maybe tomorrow morning, before 8:30 am Eastern.
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Three points/three hours (and I'll try to hold to it).

1) I feel the need - the need for speed!
Top Gun

2) Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac...It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!
Caddyshack

3) It was the nearest thing to heaven. You were there.

4) - A man takes a drop too much once in a while, it's only human nature.
- "Nature,” Mr. Allnut, is what we are put into this world to rise above.

5) There are simply too many notes.

6) Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops.
Arsenic and Old Lace

7) I might be the only person on the face of the earth that knows you're the greatest woman on earth. I might be the only one who appreciates how amazing you are in every single thing that you do, and how you are with Spencer, "Spence," and in every single thought that you have, and how you say what you mean, and how you almost always mean something that's all about being straight and good.
As Good as It Gets

8) I'm the ghost with the most, babe.
Beetlejuice

9) - I wouldn't sell my bike for all the money in the world. Not for a hundred million, trillion, billion dollars!
- Then you're crazy!
- I know you are but what am I?
- You're a nerd!
- You're an idiot!
Pee-wee's Big Adventure

10) The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle. The chalice from the palace has the brew that is true.
The Court Jester

11) That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I keep getting older, they stay the same age.

12) Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Ferris Beuller's Day Off

13) If you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.

14) You think of yourself as a colored man. I think of myself as a man.

15) Men like my father cannot die. They are with me still -- real in memory as they were in flesh, loving and beloved forever.

16) - Hey, you got a name?
- Ali... with an I. Hey, what's your name?
- Daniel... with an L.

17) Oh, Frank, my lips are hot. Kiss my hot lips.
M*A*S*H

18) Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy.

19) You think I'm licked. You all think I'm licked. Well, I'm not licked. And I'm going to stay right here and fight for this lost cause. Even if this room gets filled with lies like these, and the Taylors and all their armies come marching into this place.
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

20) Over? Did you say “over?” Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!
Animal House

[ December 12, 2006, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: SenojRetep ]

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
1) I feel the need - the need for speed!
Top Gun

quote:
2) Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac...It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!
Caddyshack
quote:
9) - I wouldn't sell my bike for all the money in the world. Not for a hundred million, trillion, billion dollars!
- Then you're crazy!
- You're a nerd!
- You're an idiot!

PeeWee's Big adventure
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
8. Beetlejuice

11. Dazed and Confused

12. Ferris Beuller's Day Off

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
libertygirl
Member # 8761

- posted      Profile for libertygirl   Email libertygirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Is 16 The Notebook?
Posts: 143 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

6) Arsenic and Old Lace
10) The Court Jester

Sean
Member # 689

- posted      Profile for Sean   Email Sean         Edit/Delete Post 
7 As Good As It Gets
Posts: 148 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
20 Animal House
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
17--M*A*S*H
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.