FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The movie quote game (Page 32)

This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  48  49  50   
Author Topic: The movie quote game
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
16) All praises to the Playstation!
Snakes + Plane = Snakes on a Plane. (I just now saw this list.)
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
2= Desk Set. (I just saw that movie on TCM too. I knew I recognized that quote.)
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
YAY! *does dance*
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Ok... last clues I'm going to give, and if y'all don't get it this time, I'll tell you what movies they are, and turn over the stick to the winner(s) as the case may be!

8) Think Copenhagen, as well as Danny Kaye... this is a story of a real man.
12) Peter O'Toole and Omar Sharif. REALLY famous.
20) Hugh Jackman and Meg Ryan. 1876 vs. 2006.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
8. Hans Christian Andersen?
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Yep. [Smile]
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
12: Lawrence of Arabia
20: Kate & Leopold

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Hallelujah! Nighthawk is the official winner! Over to you! [Smile]
Raia
Member # 4700

Final scores:

Nighthawk: 6
BlackBlade: 4
SenojRetep: 3
TheGrimace: 2
jehovoid: 1
seekingprometheus: 1
Dan_raven: 1
MrSquicky: 1
Luet13: 1

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

***groan...***

OK, two options. I think I *might* do a list this time, but probably not until tomorrow afternoon. So if someone's dying to put something up in the meantime and beats me to it, more power to you.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Yoink! Ill compile a list right now. Ill bump this thread again when I am done.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
3 Guesses per every 3 hours. You can google check your quotes if you want, but be honest if you didn't know the movie. Warning, at least one of these has yet to see DVD/VHS release.

1)"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
(X) Ghostbusters, Strider

2)"FREEZE! Lose the guns or I redecorate in brain-matter grey, got it? "
(X) Last Action Hero, Nighthawk

3)"It was a pleasure meeting you, even if you are my least favorite vegetable!"
(X) Howls Moving Castle, Leonide

4)"You're a rotten drunk... always have been. Well, you're a lousy friend... that's a new development."

5)"You're a jittery little thing, aren't you?" (X) Return of The Jedi, Strider

6)"We're done with you. Go to the golf course and work on your putz. "

7)"Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting. "
(X) Man on Fire, Dr Strangelove

8) "Look, these people, they have no jobs, no food, no education, no future. I just figure that we have two things we can do. Help, or we can sit back and watch a country destroy itself on CNN."
(X) Black Hawk Down, James Tiberius Kirk

9) "Hell, no. I did *not* leave the South Side for this!"

10) "He's making violent love to me, mother!"
(X) Its a Wonderful Life, Leonide

11) "Here we are. Denny's. Always open. I don't wanna eat here. What are you talking about? Everybody likes Denny's, it's an American institution."
(X) The Santa Clause, Dr. Strangelove

12) "You could have been one of the greats! An' now look at yourself. You're not even a has-been. You're a never-was." (X) The Mighty Ducks, Dr. Strangelove

13) "I never thought I'd find an answer at the bottom of a pint glass. Hasn't stopped you looking, has it?" (X) The Prestige, Dr Strangelove

14) "If this works... she won't bother me. Your wife? No, her mother. The old hag wants grandchildren."
(X) Apocalypto, Strider

15) "Tell me where John is and I'll finish you quick. I promise you won't have to find out what your left ball tastes like."
(X) Payback, Nighthawk

16) "Components. American components, Russian Components, ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!"
(X) Armageddon, Nighthawk

17) "In punishment for lack of an interesting pirate name, Peter shall walk the plank." (X) Finding Neverland, Dr. Strangelove

18) "Poor Evinrude. Your carburetor is all pooped out."
(X) The Rescuers, Raia

19) "If this translation is right this alien sounds like an idiot. That's something to consider - a stupid alien. Well, they must have them."
(X) Sphere, Dr. Strangelove
20) "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."
(X) Bladerunner, Nighthawk

[ December 22, 2006, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
7: Man of Fire
13: The Prestige
17: Finding Neverland

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Ghostbusters
5. Return of the Jedi

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

14. Apocalypto!!!!
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

18) The Rescuers
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

2: Last Action Hero (spent two hours thinking about this one!)
16: Armageddon
20: Blade Runner

I also know two others... Damn... three hours? Argh!

James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
8) Black Hawk Down

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
11: The Santa Clause

Just finished watched this last night. Don't know why I didn't see it before.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
10) It's A Wonderful Life
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

3) Howl's Moving Castle
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Aha! I KNEW I knew that one!
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

12: The Replacements ? I know part of the quote is in it, but it doesnt' seem to fit who's saying it.

15: Payback

17: Finding Neverland

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

No, no, 12 is The Might Ducks. Or at least thats another movie that has it in it, and does fit. And I already got Finding Neverland. So ha.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

D'OH! That makes more sense.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Scores!

Dr. Strangelove: 6
Nighthawk: 4
Strider: 3
Leonide: 2
Raia: 1
James Tiberius Kirk: 1

Still any contestants game with 4 points to be had! [Big Grin]

[ December 22, 2006, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Is 19 Sphere? That's the last one I have any inkling about.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove:
Is 19 Sphere? That's the last one I have any inkling about.

+1 For Dr. Strangelove, looks like he clinched this round, Ill give you all til the end of the day to figure out the rest.
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
9 is I, Robot I believe
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

I don't know if you're right or not. But I can totally see Will Smith saying that.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

4) War movie, came out in the last decade, people couldn't decide if it was a war movie or a romantic movie.

6) Halarious comedy set in space

9) Movie star Linsey Lohan, really funny.

Leonide
Member # 4157

6) Galaxy Quest?
9) Confessions of a teenage drama queen?

Strider
Member # 1807

6)Spaceballs?
Luet13
Member # 9274

4) Pearl Harbor? (Never saw it, but that sounds like it fits the hint.)
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Limit 3 posts/3 hrs; GO!

1) "Love means never having to say you're sorry"
Love Story

2) "You're a MUNCIE girl?"
The Hudsucker Proxy

3)- "Sir, can I trouble you for a warm glass of milk? It helps me go to sleep."
- "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up. Now, you will go to sleep or I will put you to sleep."
Happy Gilmore

4) - "I hate that b****.
- "Probably shouldn't have married her then, huh?"
The Abyss

5) - "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
- "Hit it."
Blues Brothers

6) "She's fair game, Joe. It's always open season on princesses."
Roman Holiday

7) "We're both perceived as monsters. But, somehow, you are a well respected monster, and I, to date, am not."

8) "I like rich people. I like the way they live, and I like the way I live when I'm with them."
Sound of Music

9) - "I downloaded this little baby off the Net. I will know exactly how many spirits I may imbibe without affecting my judgment or my behavior."
- "You have every angle covered."
- "You know William, from this light, you somewhat resemble David Duchovny."
Can't Hardly Wait

10) - "We're going to play a game.
- "What game?"
- [strapping him in]"It's called, "Is There a God?""
The Addams Family

11) - "Got a name Marine?"
- "Staff Sergeant Karnes"
- "Got something a little shorter?"
- "Staff Sergeant"
World Trade Center

12) "Generals can do anything. There's nothing so much like a god on earth as a General on a battlefield."
Gettysburg

13) - "Tough little ship."
- "Little? "
Star Trek: First Contact

14) - "He had threatened to kill me in public."
- "Why would he want to kill you in public?"
- "I think she meant he threatened, in public, to kill her."
Clue

15) - "Look Scotty, I know what you're going through. Couple years back, a kid came to me much the same way you're coming to me now, saying the same thing that you're saying. He wanted to drop off the team. His mother was a widow, all crippled up. She was scrubbing floors. She had this pin in her hip. So he wanted to drop basketball and get a job. Now these were poor people with real problems. Understand what I'm saying?"
- "What happened to the kid?"
- "I don't know. He quit. He was a third stringer, I didn't need him."

16) - "The twins keep us on Centarian time. It's a 37-hour day. Give it a few months, you'll get used to it, or you'll have a psychotic episode."
Men in Black

17) "He wants something from me. I can see it in his eyes... Well. Watever it is, I'm not going to do it! I'm still a young man, you know. I've got prospects!"
Ladyhawke

18) "You're too good for me, George. You're a hundred times too good. And I'd make you most unhappy, most. That is, I'd do my best to. "
Philadelphia Story

19) - "I'm sorry, I don't speak English."
- "You are speaking English right now."
- "No, I only know how to say, "I don't speak English" in English."
Sahara

20) "A toast, to Emily. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride! Tell me my dear, can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?"
Corpse Bride

[ April 03, 2007, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: SenojRetep ]

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!

3) Happy Gilmore
5) Blues Brothers
13) Star Wars.... uh.... IV?

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
1) Love Story
10) The Addams Family
14) Clue

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

18) The Philadelphia Story
vonk
Member # 9027

I need to know if I'm right on #13 so I can guess again! I don't wanna lose the only other one I know
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

16) Men In Black
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
13 is wrong. Guess again.
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

20) Corpse Bride (thanks!)
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Hey! It's BACK!

4: The Abyss
13: Star Trek: First Contact

Chord
Member # 10122

- posted      Profile for Chord   Email Chord         Edit/Delete Post 
6) Six Degrees of Seperation? (doubtful)
19) Family Guy

Posts: 37 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

I remember one more!

2)Hudsucker Proxy.... I think anyways.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
6) Roman Holiday
8) Sound of Music
12) Gettysburg

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
9) Can't Hardly Wait
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Scores:
vonk - 4
kat - 3
lyr - 3
luet - 2
nighthawk - 2
JT - 1

Sorry, Chord, no on both.

Five left, still anyone's game.

Hints:
7) 80s - Campy drama
11) 00s - Drama
15) 80s - Comedy
17) 80s - Mideval adventure
19) 00s - Adventure

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

19: Sahara (meh)
17: Ladyhawke (?)
11: World Trade Center (?)

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, 11 is WTC. [Smile]
And 17 is Ladyhawke. Drat. You beat me.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 50 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  48  49  50   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.